Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

Please help with pics of apron sink reveals and installations

remodelfla
13 years ago

I searched old posts which I know addressed these things but couldn't find them. DH is confused on how to hack/install our sink cab for the 36" curved front farmhouse sink. Please, if you can, post pics on how you installed yours.

Also, Fla. Joshua will need to know how I want the reveal done. I'm not certain... could you also post pictures of different reveals?

Sorry if I'm asking for something that was once already addressed. I couldn't find the pictures doing a post search.

Thanks as always!!

Comments (13)

• pinch_me
    13 years ago

Here's my reveal. I wasn't there to take pictures of the install :-(

Here's why I bought this sink!

• craftlady07
    13 years ago

I just picked up my Rohl Shaw 30" Apron front sink last night and will be dropping it off at my cabinet maker's on monday.
    I found a few threads about reveals and installation recs when I was researching the sink and of course I didn't save them.
    But I found this one with some good pictures that might help. If I find any others I'll post them too. Good luck!
    Link 1

Oh and FWIW I told my cabinet maker that the sink should stick out like 2" so that the rounded corners of the sink are passed the face of the cabinet. He showed me some pictures of how he's done these installs in the passed and I was happy with what I saw. Then when the granite people come to template I'll need to figure out what I want the sink/counter connection to look like.

• bmorepanic
    13 years ago

You might want to mention which sink exactly. Depending on it its metal or clay can make a difference.

• steff_1
    13 years ago

Here's my copper sink installed:

Here's a detail at the curved sink edge. I really wanted to see that curve so we worked this out with the installer. This is 2cm granite with 4cm edge and was fabricated on site.

Your soapstone will be the same thickness throughout but this should help with ideas anyway.

• prill
    13 years ago

E- here's mine.

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry bmore... it's a Lavello 36" single bowl ss curved front sink:
    {{!gwi}}

I think I"ve worked out with DH how to install it into the IKEA base and what hacks we need to make. I now understand that the top of the sink should be level with the top of the adjacent cabs. I think I'll have Joshua do a negative reveal though I have seen no reveal where it's flush. I really like that look but wonder about junk getting in between the sink edges and stone.

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Found this great helpful thread on IKEAfans if it's use to anyone else

Here is a link that might be useful: apron sink install in IKEA base

• pinch_me
    13 years ago

You'll caulk between the sink and counter. Shouldn't be a gunk problem for the first few years. After that you will probably have to recaulk.

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

pinch me... I think I want a reveal like yours.

steff... very cool sink and great closeup! Thank you

and I"ll take any excuse to see a pic of prill's SS. Your SS is the inspiration for my SS choice. I hope it looks as beautiful as yours.
    Thanks all!

• steff_1
    13 years ago

Your sink has a sharper corner so a corresponding corner in the soapstone like prill's is best for your application.

If you need to see how we "hacked" up a sink base you can open my album by clicking the picture in the earlier post.

My reveal is negative too. They had to talk me into it, I really wanted to see a little rim of copper. I'm glad I went with it now because the cleaning is so much easier and the caulk probably will last longer since it doesn't see much wear.

• mcraney
    13 years ago

I'm linking a sink reveal thread from 09. I saved it because I'm planning to use a Shaw's Fireclay but there is a photo of a stainless sink that looks a bit like your gorgeous shiny sink.

Let me know if the link doesn't work for you and I will email it to you.

Have a great Christmas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Sink Reveal Thread

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

mcraney... you SOOOOO rock!! That was the thread I remembered and THIS is EXACTLY how I would love it installed. I"m going to send a pic to Fla. Joshua so he can see it too. THANK YOU!!

• mcraney
    13 years ago

I'm glad it was the thread you wanted.

BTW, I am soooo jealous that you will have Florida Joshua doing your soapstone.

Have a great Christmas~