Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Faucets, Touch Controls

Posted by Lorenza5064 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 6:47

It is time to make a final decision on the faucet for the kitchen sink. I am planning for a double basin, 9-10" depth, SS undermount sink with drainboard. I have thought for some time that I wanted a "semi-professional" pull down faucet; large gooseneck i.e. the Danze parma or Blanco Culina, but having seen them I feel they are overscaled for my space and not as functional as I hoped. I have had my head turned by the Delta Trinsic faucet with optional touch control. Preliminary search for reviews of the product has provided a wide range of opinions. I think this IS the faucet IF I feel confident re the reliability of the Touch Control features. Any advice or opinions? Ciao

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Faucets, Touch Controls

While the technology is nothing new, it's inclusion for the home market is. I don't know if anyone has enough experience with these products to offer a useful evaluation and since people are far more likely to complain than praise, reviews are going to be skewed.

Obviously adding another layer of complexity to a product, to use the expression, is just one more thing to go wrong. Delta offers a lifetime warranty on their non-electronic faucets and a 5 year warranty on those with electronics. That might say something...

o

I love my Delta touch Pilar, had it for 18 months, no issues, haven't even had to change the batteries. Wish I had touch in the bathrooms too...

As you probably know, the faucet works in the normal way if the batteries are disconnected.

o

We bought a delta touch faucet for our new kitchen 2 years ago. I got it because I didn't have a specific faucet I was dying to get so I just figured I'd give it a try knowing I could always use it as a regular faucet just ignoring the touch feature. We LOVE our faucet! The touch technology works very well for us and has for 2 years. Maybe we replaced the batteries one time. It is fun, looks good, and I'm not sure about your model but the pull down feature works really well with a magnet to hold it up in place so it's always neat and in place when not in use. I would say get it!

o

We have a Brizo Pascal (made by Delta) over the main sink. It includes touch control and IR control. It has two problems.

(a) The spray head stream/spray mode is controlled by a button, and this button rarely works. That is, pushing it does not usually cause transition to spray mode. This degradation in function occurred within a few months of initial operation and the spray head needs replacement.

(b) The control electronics loses track of what functional mode it is supposed to be operating in. In this state the the water flow will randomly turn off until the faucet is touched, or operate in the IR mode unexpectedly, etc. Correcting this condition (temporarily) requires pushing a button on the unit to induce a reset. This was noticed several weeks after installation. Several possible design flaws come to mind, but a design revision would be the generic fix.

Otherwise the faucet works fine.

I have concluded that product design funding went to style, and not substance, and the Brizo price premium does not buy a reliable electro-mechanical product. The three purely mechanical Brizo faucets that we also have still function well after approximately 2 years of use.

kas

o

I just had the Trinsic faucet installed last week. I haven't had it long, but already I love it. In the on state, I just need to pull down on the sprayer and the water turns on, replace the sprayer and the water shuts off. It looks substantial without looking huge.

o

Good to know that you are enjoying the faucet. I am pretty certain that it will be my choice. But, I want to know if the faucet will function "manually" if the touch feature fails. It seems like the reviews I have read have been more positive from more current users. Perhaps Delta has worked out some of the bugs... When it functions properly, the user is thrilled.

o

We have a Delta Cassidy Touch2O that was installed last month. We really love it. I find I waste less water because I can tap it off and then on when I'm using it. The only downside is that I find I am tapping similar non-touch faucets in other peoples' kitchens to turn them on.

o

I liked the Delta Trinsic when I saw it online but I was worried about the touch controls. I like the styling so I decided to get the regulare, non-touch version. I have been in too many public bathrooms where the automatic faucet wouldn't go on and wouldn't dream of risking that in my kitchen! I wanted to see some Kohler faucets in person (the Purist) and when I went into the showroom they had a Trinsic installed! I guess it has been installed for while and works great! I loved it. If the battery runs out or you don't want to use the touch feature it works like a regular faucet. I am totally sold and the Trinsic is going into my new kitchen! Hopefully I won't regret the decision, but the installed one I tried was a dream to use.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here