Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinker1121

2014-A Year of Kitchens-Post a great shot of your kitchen!

tinker1121
9 years ago

As I am very appreciative of all the help and support I found here for our kitchen redo, have become obsessed with viewing reveals, I thought it would be fun to start a post to view ALL the kitchens revealed this year. Keep it compact with just a pic or two.

Also, if you haven't yet posted a reveal and are ALMOST there, post a picture your new or updated space.

Happy New Year!

Comments (94)

• sanjuangirl
    9 years ago

Here's mine. It was finished a bit over a year ago.

• sanjuangirl
    9 years ago

Sorry, I don't know how to put in multiple photos.

• tinker1121
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well said!! Keep them coming!

• madtown_2006_gw
    9 years ago

Wow, so many beautiful kitchens!

KimSig, your setup looks sort of similar to mine...do you mind sharing the dimensions? I'm particularly curious about the width. I have a peninsula and am wondering if I have enough room for an island setup like yours (with seating on one side and fridge on the wall behind). Thank you!

• nancyjwb
    9 years ago

Kitch4me- your kitchen is lovely! I think if you share your pctures from a hosting site they will be oriented correctly. Not for sure why they do that but your picture here is right side up for me. I hate to think of you not sharing all the beautiful details for that reason. Your kitchen is so simple, but so gorgeous!

• Oaktown
    9 years ago

I am skeptical that our kitchen ever will be much cleaner than this unpacking shot, so here goes. Thanks to rosie, herbflavor, lavender_lass and everyone else for their help. Even though I did not post much I learned a lot from many threads on here.

(Edited to add: We hope to be done by April so if all goes well will post more then)

This post was edited by Oaktown on Fri, Jan 2, 15 at 20:12

• laughablemoments
    9 years ago

Oh Oaktown, won't you, pretty-please, post a reveal? I'd love to see more... : )

• bpath
    9 years ago

Ooh what a great way to spend winter break with all this eye-candy instead if hip-candy lol! It's so cool how different they all are :)

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

I love Oaktown's kitchen! Please post a reveal with the details! I would also love to see more, know the cabinets used and the shade of white, information on your gorgeous floors, hardware chosen, counters chosen, etc.

• sonny_h
    9 years ago

Sorry about the earlier message not coming through. We Re-did our kitchen this year. Here's a pic.

Thanks for sharing all your ideas. They were extremely helpful through the process.

• robo (z6a)
    9 years ago

Thanks Lori and Mags!

• christina222_gw
    9 years ago

What a fun post and so many pretty kitchens!

• Kim
    9 years ago

Madtown, my kitchen is 16ft wide. The clearance between the island and the fridge is 42 inches and the clearance between island and cabinets on the cooktop side is 39 inches
    {{gwi:2140944}}
    In this picture you can see the fridge side wall, the new bar and the fridge are where my old desk and bi fold door pantry was. that is why the wall comes out flush with the fridge to the right of the fridge. The island itself is 52 inches wide at the widest point,it has the eyebrow curve on the seating side, and is 93 inches long

• huntingforgrout
    9 years ago

Searing New Year's steaks.
    I have obviously finally tiled and grouted backsplash, despite my screen name.

• mwkbear
    9 years ago

We are mostly mostly done with our kitchen we just need to paint and wallpaper. We wanted something that was going to look a bit retro chic rather than the typical. The appliances are from Big Chill and the cabinets are IKEA. The countertop is Curava recycled glass.

Although I am NOT a do it yourself type, we were on a limited budget so we did not make any structural changes to the room.it is an old house and the space is somewhat awkward but it is what it is. At least the cabinets are not falling off the walls anymore.

• mwkbear
    9 years ago

1 more photo from the sink side

• carolt924
    9 years ago

So enjoying our new kitchen! Forty year old ranch, kitchen in the middle of the home, total gut job, vaulted the ceiling, installed skylight, all new everything except our five year old appliances. No backsplash as I love the painted wall after living with 40 year old z-brick for five years. What a joy to cook and spend time in with family and friends!

• amykath
    9 years ago

Mj, love your kitchen and all the others are drool worthy!

Mj, where did you find that gorgeous chandy??

• bpath
    9 years ago

Hunting, how is that amazing waterfall mounted?

Loving all these. Snow followed by rain equals slush, much better to be kitchen-surfing today :)

• mjocean
    9 years ago

Aktillery,
    Thank you. We found the light fixture at Flemings of Cohasset in Cohasset, MA. The name of the manufacturer is Currey & Company. I haven't seen it anywhere else.
    MJ

• tinker1121
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is my redo. Kept Kraftmaid cabinets and added granite and backsplash.

• peegee
    9 years ago

Love all these kitchen shots!!! mwkbear - I'm drooling over your big chill, the red stripe backspash, etc. Hope you do a full reveal when done. CarolIT924, could you post a link to your reveal? I'm in the middle of a ranch gut and would like to see more of yours. Enjoyed the links to reveals - wish everyone had a link to more pics!!!

• Shelley Graham
    9 years ago

Loving all the inspiration! Sonny_h, I adore your herringbone backsplash! Is it marble? Details, please! I'm looking for something similar. Thanks so much.

• huntingforgrout
    9 years ago

Bpathome, it's a photo we took when rafting the Grand Canyon (deer creek falls). Printed on metal by these folks
    http://www.magnachrome.com

I can wash it with soapy water and it's fine. One of their standard mountings is the sheet of aluminum held away from the wall by a 1/2" block. I just used a 3M quick release hook so that I can change the art when I want.
    This co was great to work with (I have no financial or personal interest in e co, just were really pleased with what they did.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos on metal

• juddgirl2
    9 years ago

Beautiful kitchens - thanks for sharing!

Mags - I really like the rectangular stainless sink option. Thanks for posting a pic. I'm actually leaning that way if we decide to replace our granite because it's so functional and I think it looks great with the soapstone.

• carolt924
    9 years ago

peegee-never posted a reveal, but have loads of pics, before and after I could email you if you want.

• kingtutt10
    9 years ago

Still not done but here it is so far.
    A little messy

• kingtutt10
    9 years ago

Don't know how to post multiple pics

• Carol.33
    9 years ago

Love, love, love seeing everyone's beautiful kitchens! All so different and yet so gorgeous!
    This is ours. New house, new kitchen. Quartersawn oak cabinets, painted island, River White granite, hickory floors. Love it!

• lucas_tx_gw
    9 years ago

Another more modest kitchen. These are the 'as lived in' photos, we're not as clutter free as some people :-) We love everything about it! We opened the wall over the sink and increased the size of every other opening/doorway that we could and it's made a huge difference. I'm enjoying seeing this review.

{{gwi:2140945}}

{{gwi:2140946}}

{{gwi:2140947}}

{{gwi:2140948}}

• Patti
    9 years ago

Hi, I'm new to GW. We're about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm very interested in all of your beautiful kitchens. Would it be bad form to ask names of some of the granite in some of the pics?

• scrappy25
    9 years ago

Finished at the end of November 2014.
    Functions incredibly well.

Before/Afters
    {{gwi:2140949}}
    {{gwi:2140950}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Final reveal scrappy25

• Shayerah
    9 years ago

pattisue72 - I am also new to GW (only a few months for me) and everybody has been VERY helpful in answering questions, including questions on chosen countertops, appliances, sinks, faucets, cabinets and stains, hardware, backsplash, etc. All you have to do is ask. :-)

• Kitch4me
    9 years ago

Loving all the kitchens!

Thank you for the kind words Nancyjwb!
    Simple, but gorgeous (at least to me) is just what I was striving for!
    Here is the other side...

• tinker1121
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Duplicate post. When I post on my cell phone it does it twice for some reason.

I am loving each and every one of these kitchens!!!

This post was edited by tinker1121 on Sun, Jan 4, 15 at 15:40

• magsnj
    9 years ago

nhbaskets, you're going to have a lot to live up to in your reveal..... that sneakpeak is fantastic. The backsplash alone has me expecting alot.

• sonny_h
    9 years ago

Beautiful pictures. Love @mjocean's countertops. Beautiful stone.

Thanks for the comment @ssg7741 - The backsplash is 2x8 carrera marble tile - I bought the tile from www.tileshop.com - Was hard to find it in the dimensions I was looking for. Installed individually by my tile guy. Took almost 2 days for the backsplash but turned out really nice. White grout with very thin grout lines. Attaching a closer picture. Also adding the link with more pictures. Happy to answer any questions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Reno pics

• bpath
    9 years ago

Thanks. Hunting, I can't believe that is on metal! So cool! Thanks for the link to manga home :)

• nhbaskets
    9 years ago

magsnj, glad you liked the backsplash as much as we do! Didn't get photos done this weekend. Need to de-Christmas my house, something I hate doing. Hope I can live up to the hype!

• Shelley Graham
    9 years ago

sonny_h - thanks for the closeup of your backsplash! Love, love, love! Definitely pursuing the 2x8 tile angle. Stay tuned!

• ck_squared
    9 years ago

I love seeing all these kitchens!

Never did a proper reveal though I've posted pics here and there. We completed our remodel a year ago.

Here's one photo:

• Kiwigem
    9 years ago

scrappy, what a great change!

• dodge59
    9 years ago

My "Theme" for the kitche design, back in 2006 was "Curves"

We still love this kitchen today and wife still remarks about how much she loves it even 8 years later!

Gary

• madtown_2006_gw
    9 years ago

I'm late, but Thank you KimSig! The info is so very helpful! Our kitchen is 14' wide, but my cooktop would not be on my island, so I could maybe make it work with a narrower island. We'll see! Thanks again for your detailed response!

• feisty68
    9 years ago

High-fives to all the DIY-on-a-budget peeps! And thanks to the fancy kitchen folks for sharing too - I live vicariously through you ;) .

Here's an "in progress" sneak peek of my "soft modern" kitchen design:

Renovation Start: February 2014
    Completion Date: 2015??? Remaining to be done: cabinet front installation, fridge cupboard and surround, dishwasher/trash organizer installation, hood, lighting, drywall, and paint.

This post was edited by feisty68 on Wed, Jan 7, 15 at 16:19

• PRO
    Deck The Halls
    9 years ago

These are beautiful kitchens and they provide wonderful inspiration for those of us still designing our new kitchens.Thanks for sharing! I do have a couple of questions.

Marthastoo - I love your backsplash! Can you please share what you used for it?

Sanjuangirl - Your countertops are gorgeous! They look like the might be Bianco Antico or one of the other similar granites. Can I ask what you use for it?

• PRO
    Deck The Halls
    9 years ago

These are beautiful kitchens and they provide wonderful inspiration for those of us still designing our new kitchens.Thanks for sharing! I do have a couple of questions.

Marthastoo - I love your backsplash! Can you please share what you used for it?

Sanjuangirl - Your countertops are gorgeous! They look like the might be Bianco Antico or one of the other similar granites. Can I ask what you use for it?

• runnergirl79
    9 years ago

Such beautiful kitchens! Here are a few pics from our reno. We are so grateful for the valuable feedback we received from this site!

{{gwi:2137948}}

{{gwi:2137950}}

{{gwi:2140951}}

• Donna_Okeefe
    9 years ago

We had a kitchen done for one of our clients on 30/01/2014 in Northwich area. We use only the finest materials for our in-house fabrication of granite, quartz and marble worktops. We make sure that we supply and install only high quality to kitchen worktops that adds the wow factor to our clientsâ kitchen space.

Although our showroom has many design patterns and colours to choose from in Granite, Quartz and Marble, the customer agreed on Black and White Granite with a marble type vein. The material we used was Granite Cosmic Black 30mm. We made sure the installation was as quick as possible.

The requirements were: 30mm granite worktops with 100mm upstands, drainer grooves, polished sink cut-out, tap hole and hob cut-out. The client also requested a back splash behind hob.

We have different colours and patterns of granite, quartz and marble worktops available in-store. We aim to provide exceptional service as our fitters are highly skilled and have years of experience in kitchen installation. Visit our showroom or our website http://www.cheshiregraniteworktops.co.uk to view examples of our work and our client testimonials. You can also speak to our friendly staff members today on 01565 300065 to see how we bring your kitchen space to life.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cheshire Granite Worktops

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022