Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nonsymmetrical

cabinet doors not symmetrical

NonSymmetrical
11 years ago

Hello, I am hoping you can help me. I recently had my kitchen cabinet refaced with full overlay and I just found out myself that the cabinet doors were not symmetrical to one another especially if they are paired for the opening together so they are supposed to be symmetrical. I questioned the reface person and he told me that this 3/4 inch or 1 inch differences in width of the doors are typical/normal and he was trying to make the full overlay work with what he had that no one will notice the difference. I was quite bothered by this because I noticed the difference and my son as well as several others noticed the differences too. I was even more disturbed with the fact that he never consulted me about the differences in door sizes. Apparently, he ordered the wrong size doors, did not account for angles or hinges and now trying to make the doors work somehow and hoping that we won't notice. I think is this so unethical and so wrong. What are you thoughts on this and the non-symmetrical doors when the pairs should be symmetrical? Appreciate your thoughts on this. How do I report him or make sure he will re-do the doors for me so they are right?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living