Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Help!!! Need creamy cabinets with white appliance pics!!

Posted by egoda (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 29, 10 at 4:52

I am in search of some pictures and suggestions for a beautiful kitchen. My current kitchen is a colonial galley style with linoleum floors/oak cabinets/formica countertops/white appliances. I would like to keep the white appliances because they are relatively new. I am open to painting my cabinets (not replacing). I love the creamy white kitchen cabinetry however I'm scared it will not look right with white appliances. I also am thinking of putting in or refinishing the hardwood floors to match the rest of the house. Althought this will not be my "dream" kitchen per se, I would still like to come in an enjoy my surroundings.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Help!!! Need creamy cabinets with white appliance pi

If you do your backsplash to incorporate both white and cream white, you can then tie in your cabs and appliances. You can do the same with your floor in a 2 tone look (but I'd do it with one or the other).
There are many granites that will give you both. Marble is another option to bring the 2 tones together.

o

Here's an example where the walls and woodwork are painted the same color as the cabinets, so that white stunningly becomes the accent color.

o

Wow - that kitchen is awesome. A picture is truly worth 1,000 words ;)

o

Gorgeous kitchen! Thanks for posting it :)

o
Question about picture

Honor- Do you have more pictures of that kitchen? I really like the work table, too. Do you know if it's open to a seating or eating area? Thanks :)

o

Does anyone know how to paste a pic from here into photobucket? I'd like to put that pic in my inspiration file! : )

o

I have that kitchen saved as "All Time Favorite". There's just something about it.....

o

Here are some pictures of cream and white together.
I also included a link to painting oak cabinets.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Want to paint oak cabinets white-pictures included please help me
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0413060914819.html

Painted Oak transformation
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0501403227095.html

Here is a link that might be useful: painted oak

o

Wow - that 1st, 4th and 5th ones make me drool!

o

I "heart" #s 3 & 4!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here