Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nansweetnan_gw

Is SMART Cabinetry really Smart?

nansweetnan
11 years ago

Hello i'm new here and am building a house this year. Our builder uses SMART cabinetry out of Indiana. I can't find any reviews or information about them other than the official website. Does anyone have experience with this brand? Heres's the weblink.
http://www.smartcabinetry.com/
Thanks..Nan

Comments (6)

• nansweetnan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thank you..that's great information. It sounds like they are not appropriate for a 250-270K house market...???

• robbcs3
    11 years ago

These could fall into your builders base line depending on your market. This company just makes its it money shipping full truck loads to projects. If you are interested in upgrades you may be better of with a manufacturer who offers the upgrades as standard

• dimbriaco
    6 years ago

Our builder referred us to a cabinet shop who recommended these cabinets. We have a higher-end home and were re-doing our entire kitchen. We ordered shaker style cabinets in painted white. They are horrible! I would not use these cabinets even in an apartment. You can see every seam and joint in every single cabinet. Many of the cabinets had flaws (e.g. rough areas of wood). We were told that the cabinets could be re-ordered but that we would see the same thing. The sample we saw in the cabinet shop was stained wood and not white, which seems to hide the joints better. In any case, we are now ordering new Smart cabinets and the cabinet maker will come in and fill each and every joint so that they can no longer be seen. Hopefully this fix will be durable. I would never recommend Smart cabinetry to anyone. What a horrible experience.

• HU-857683551
    4 years ago

Like robbcs3 said... these are for apartments and condos where there isn't much of a selection process with the end users. There is actually another cabinet line 2 miles from Smart called Kountrywood and they do truckload business, but the product is generally sold to people that stock and sell them like Baileytown and Schillings... even HOBO when they were around. Their quality is better than Smart, but a little more. Maybe check them out.

• PRO
    Haven Builders MN
    2 years ago

I work for a home remodeling company and our old Sales Rep used to push these on our clients because he was buddies with the distributor and they were cheap. Well you get what you pay for. 99% of the orders we had came with broken or damaged cabinets. You could tell it was from a manufacturing level because they would try to glue the breaks together and paint over them just to get them out the door. Then when our installers would go to install them they would just splinter and crack. HORRENDOUS product! You are better off going to Home Depot and buying unfinished cabinets off the shelf.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH