Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Remove flow regulator for Blanco Meridian

Posted by RideTheWood (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 2:41

The flow regulator is limiting water such that the spray function is hardly working on my Blanco Meridian Semi-professional faucet.

I love this faucet at my primary home and just bought a new one for my second home.

Does anyone know how to either remove the flow regulator or get a new sprayer assembly that has higher flow rate?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Remove flow regulator for Blanco Meridian

did you get the one with the 2.2 gpm flow rate or the 1.8 gpm flow rate?

o

I got model 440557, which is specified as the 2.2 gpm model.

I know flow is restricted because I can remove the spray head and see a very strong flow from the blank hose.

Great faucet if I can get this issue resolved.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's the Blanco page.

o

I have the Culina which is similar to the Meridian. If your spray function is hardly working, it's probably something other than being limited to 2.2gpm flow rate. You should be able to get a strong flow on spray at that rate.

o

Does the piece at the spray end unscrew such that I can check if there's debris from the lines when we re-attached the water?

o

"Does the piece at the spray end unscrew such that I can check if there's debris from the lines when we re-attached the water?"

Yes. Unscrew and check the screen and parts for debris. Anytime a faucet is installed or changed, water should be bled through the lines until it runs clear, then attach any sprayers. Even turning off a shutoff valve can put debris in the line.

o

Is 1.8 or 1.5 an annoyingly light/slow flow rate for a kitchen faucet? I've been trying to select a faucet for my prep sink for a while now. I'm looking for a smaller size as my prep sink is located on the island and only 10x12". Many of the bar faucets have a lower flow rate, but I'm not sure what to compare that to in terms of my actual faucet experiences. As an aside, is there no small faucet in satin nickel with a pull-down spray that is not ridiculously expensive? Ack!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here