Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sieggy_gw

Granite sink opening too small...options?

sieggy
11 years ago

We were so excited that our granite finally arrived 2 days ago. It is really beautiful. Tonight after a long week of work, I came home and started trying to put things away in our remodel/new kitchen. I purchased a Koehler stages sink with a fitted cutting board and other accessories that fit on its inside rim. As I was unboxing the pieces it became quite obvious, they were not going to fit. The prep sink also has a fitted cutting board and it fits but barely. I checked the template for the stages sink and it does not appear they used it to cut the hole. the sink hole is 5/8 inch smaller than the template. They were given the template and offered the whole sink when they came to measure. They had the whole prep sink but I suspect they cut the hole too small there also though it is more functional than the larger sink. I planned my whole island around the stages sink. It was over a 1k and now it has been reduced to a sink a quarter the cost. Can anything be done with the granite? We love our granite and I am sick over this.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths