Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newhomeowner2011a

Puck Lighting

Hi,

We installed puck lighting into a overhead cabinets last year and just started having problems. There are two series of puck lights that run off the same switch (non-dimmer). The upper puck lights (inside the cabinets) have never had a problem. The lower puck lights that are recessed in the cabinetry went on and off randomly. We assumed it was from heat, but even when we just turned them on in the morning sometimes they would work. Lo and behold, this last week the recessed lights stopped working altogether. I even switched out the light switch to no avail.

What could the be? Are puck lights generally on a series - in this case the upper 3 were on one series and the bottom recessed three were on a series. When one of the lights in the bottom series fails, they all go out. Is that possible? I checked the small bulbs (could be xenon?) and they all look to be intact. I have not taken out the fixtures as they are pretty well set. If it is likely one bad light killed the series, I am comfortable replacing one. I just want to make sure that is the case.

Thank you!