Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name that Granite ?

Posted by datsun65 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 13, 13 at 1:49

In the process of buying a new home. Unfortunately, the previous owners had started to (but never finished) remodel every room in the whole house, at the same time! Bedrooms, bathrooms, family room, dining room, ...everything.

Sadly, they never finished the kitchen. However, they did have some stunning granite installed. Any idea what this is called?

Thanks,

Dan

photo IMG_20131212_213541_zps7a307273.jpg

photo IMG_20131212_212321_zpsdec08dd4.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name that Granite ?

there are different names for the same granite so it might be difficult to get the exact name....

i would guess something along the lines of a magma supreme or something with a "magma" in the name since it has those beautiful "rivers" in it....

whatever the name, it is gorgeous and I hope you love it!!

o

Top looks like Juparana Bordeaux ... very rusty/peachy with dramatic veining.

Both are awesome.

o

Sprtphntc,

Thanks so much. I think you nailed it!

Putting this house back together and trying to figure out how to complete it has been a challenge. Now with the name of the Granite, I can better view/gain insight to others who have used similar stone in their kitchens.

Follow-up question. The home has an uninstalled island with the same stone already cut for the counter. However, the back of the cabinet is unfinished.

photo IMG_20131212_212321_zpsdec08dd4.jpg

The home already has a TON of stone, including the pillars in the kitchen being wrapped.

photo IMG_20131212_213634_zps384427cd.jpg

The island will have doors/drawers on one side, and will be solid on the opposite side. Cabinet is simple pine without stain. Floors will be dark wood.

photo IMG_20131208_191414_zps5e174ee6.jpg

Any creative ideas of what can be done on the back of the island?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here