Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Faucet for prep sink

Posted by marvelousmarvin (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 1, 12 at 1:47

I have a small prep sink on the island in the kitchen that needs a faucet, but I need a bit of help first with picking the faucet.

I looked at images for such faucets, and they almost all seem to be gooseneck faucets. My first question is is there's an underlying design reason why they're goosenecks?

With such a small sink for prep sinks and bar sinks, don't you have to worry about splashing with these gooseneck faucets?

Finally, would there be any problems if I used a leftover bathroom gooseneck faucet, which I used for my bathroom sinks, for this prep sink?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Faucet for prep sink

I think that clearance for getting things like a colander in the sink is the reason for the higher arc faucets.

The overal depth of the sink is important as to splashing.

I wish I had selected a faucet for mine that could accept a Pur faucet filter. Not sure if you would use that but it is something to consider.

o
RE: Faucet for prep sink

Bathroom faucets usually have a much shorter reach than kitchen faucets...so I would think it would not work well in the kitchen. You say you have a small prep sink...how small is small? What are it's interior dimensions?

We have a small prep sink and put in a pull-out faucet rather than a pull-down/high-arc faucet. Our sink was too small, IMO, for a gooseneck or pull-down faucet plus since our prep sink is in the corner with the peninsula, I didn't want to focus on the faucet.

We did put a high-arc, pull-down faucet at the cleanup sink.

In retrospect, I think the decision to go with the two different types of faucets was a good decision - I have the pros of both and none of the cons b/c I use the faucet that's best for my need at the time!

My prep sink is 15-3/4" square:

Prep Sink Closeup, K-3345 - Undertone 5-sided UC sink  �  Overall:  17-1/2

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here