Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjzucker7

Kobe hood mounting height

szruns
9 years ago

I will have a 36" gas cooktop (Bosch 800, so not a super high-powered one), and a 42" Kobe hood.

So, the Kobe hood is over-powered for the cooktop, and also the Kobe specs say to mount between 30 and 36" over cooktop surface. Since we've got loads of fan power to spare, and an over sized hood as well, I think we are surely safe ventilation-wise to mount at the top of the height range, or even higher if needed.

So, the Kobe specs have me mounting between 5'6 and 6' from the floor. Dh is 5'8 and I am just under that, but our son is is 6' now and likely to gain a few more inches before he is done growing. (Our girls are shorties.)

We are all fairly clumsy, lol, so I'd like to avoid a head-banging situation with that hood. (The Kobe hoods, at least this one, extend 24" from the back wall, so nearly the entire depth of the counter.)

OK, so that said, given our 10' ceilings and no upper cabinetry near the cooktop, I am tempted to go ahead and mount the hood at 36" from the counter height, so at 6' from the floor. The only negative I can see could be glaring from the hood lights if you look up in to them. Or, maybe just an "ugly" view of the underside of the hood?

So, that's my question! Anyone have one of these Kobe hoods (you guys must have them, as I kept reading about them here, which is why I bought it!) . . . can you tell me how glare-y those LED lights are and whether you think this is an issue at all?

(It's the RA4202 model . . . 42 inch wide chimney style wall mount . . .)

I know I could/should do a mock up, etc, but I really can't. I need to decide something . . . or else the day it is time to unpack and install the hood . . . someone is going to decide for me! I need a plan now, and then, if feasible, I can tweak it if we have a chance to do a mock up, etc.

THANKS!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz