Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bpath

I got a Vitamix for Christmas!

bpath
9 years ago

Now I just have to look for the "help me love my Vitamix" threads. Can't wait to try it out :)

What did YOUR kitchen get for Christmas or Hanukkah?

Comments (12)

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

I'm so jelly! I have wanted one since I was little :)

• Texas_Gem
    9 years ago

I got a microplaner and an Adjust-a-cup.

{{gwi:2140631}}

My old microplaner got broken so I'm happy to get a replacement; and I've wanted an Adjust-a-cup since I saw Alton Brown using one. I can't wait to try it out!!

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Oh, I love the adjustable cup, too. I had one a million years ago and found it so great for expelling thing like peanut butter or shortening. I had no idea they were still made. I'm going to have to go look for one, now!

I did not get any kitchen gifts today, but I did receive a Breville convection toaster oven for Thanksgiving :)

• Buehl
    9 years ago

I got a TARDIS! It will be displayed in my "glass" cabinets when the Christmas decorations are put away.

{{gwi:2140632}}

(OK, it's not a "tool" or "gadget" - but it is a teapot!)

• zeebee
    9 years ago

Great gifts!

I cooked on a range yesterday for the first time in 13 months, thanks to our dragged-out renovation, and realized that I need some new pots and pans. Both my (old, battered, cheap) stainless frying pan and (old, battered, cheap) nonstick large pot were rocking on my burner grates. So I'll be scouring the post-Christmas sales for cookware. DH and I exchange gifts on New Years so he'll have a list by then.

(PS No reveal until January - our punchlist is extensive and the forum would groan at our comically askew cabinet hardware and the gaping holes in the backsplash where the outlets are supposed to be. *sigh*)

• amck2
    9 years ago

I was touched by a gift I received from my nephew who drew my name in the family gift exchange because it was so personal and handmade.

We bought a Nespresso machine, spurred by the raves here on KF, last year and the lattes we serve at breakfasts are a big hit with family who stay at our lakehouse.

My nephew had access to a 3D laser printer and made plastic stencils with handles inscribed with the names of our immediate family members. He included a stainless shaker and a box of good dusting cocoa.

I've attached a pic of my latte and a cinnamon morning bun from yesterday's breakfast. My disc is "Granne" which is what my grandkids call me - pronounced like Anne with a grr in front of it.

{{gwi:2140633}}

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Such a thoughtful gift, amck!

• Michelle
    9 years ago

Amck, great gift!! And we adore our Nespresso machine. :)

I got this beauty! It matches the decor in the kitchen of our new build (to be completed early summer). I'm turning 41 on Sunday and this is my first Kitchenaid mixer. I'm so excited!!

• Michelle
    9 years ago

Amck, great gift!! And we adore our Nespresso machine. :)

I got this beauty! It matches the decor in the kitchen of our new build (to be completed early summer). I'm turning 41 on Sunday and this is my first Kitchenaid mixer. I'm so excited!!

{{gwi:2140630}}

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Got my DH a nespresso and he bought me an IR temp measure device.
    BP it takes time to make friends- I think one of my threads was called - Help me like my Vitamix - edited to include link

Here is a link that might be useful: Help me like my new vitamix

This post was edited by a2gemini on Sat, Dec 27, 14 at 20:38

• bpath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, a2gemini! I was looking for that thread but didn't get the wording right. Haven't used mine yet, but DH did use his new rice cooker. It did make nice rice. I am going to peruse your thread and start making friends gently.

Amck, that's an awesome gift. I wonder when I'll see a 3D printer under the tree?

• breezygirl
    9 years ago

What a cool gift Amck!

I, too, got a Vitamix. It wasn't a Christmas gift though. DH had been promising me one from the manufacturer rep when the rep used one to demo at a show. And it finally arrived! It's a Pro 750 model. I haven't used it yet as I've been in the midst of hosting several parties, finishing kids school projects, installing light fixtures, and completing gift making and shopping. I just re-arranged my lazy susan today to give it a permanent spot. I'm so excited to try it this week now that things have settled down. Post what you make with it!

I really wanted a wok burner for my CC rangetop, but DH couldn't arrange it in time from the new rep. I did, however, get the Ina Garten "Make it Ahead" cookbook I've been wanting. Little DS kept it in mind apparently. So sweet!

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County