Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_35399

New Kitchen Final Reveal!

First off I wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the advice and tips over the past few months (especially you OntarioMom!)! We're all moved into our new home and are slowly getting settled in and unpacked. We actually moved in late August but I'm just getting around to uploading photos we took on the day we got our keys!

So here goes:

Full view

Looking in from the living room

Looking from the kitchen into the living room/entryway

From the dining area

Love those Vihara Minka tiles!

Built-in wine rack

Here's a list of the products we used (or at least the ones I remembered to write down!):

Cabinets: Integrity Cabinets Gulfbreeze Maple in Ebony
Lighting:
Pendants: Elk Lighting Elysburg 1-light Pendant
Counters: Formica 180fx in Bianca Luna
Sink: Kohler Vault Top-Mount Single Basin Stainless Steel Apron Front
Faucet: Delta Pilar Single Handle Pull-Down Faucet with Touch 20 Technology
Soap Dispenser: Delta Pilar Soap/Lotion Dispenser
Dispenser Conversion: Never MT Soap/Lotion Conversion Kit
Hardware:
Fridge/Freezer: Kenmore Elite 27.6 cu. ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator #71053
Microwave: Kenmore Elite 2.2 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave #74223
Dishwasher: Kenmore Elite 24″ Dishwasher #12773
Range/Oven: Kenmore Elite 5.8 cu. ft. Double-Oven Gas Range #78923
Hood: Kenmore 30″ Italian-Designed Range Hood #50303
Backsplash: Sonoma Tilemakers Vihara Glass Tile in Minka Iridescent
Paint: Sherwin-Williams Lazy Gray SW6254
Flooring: Red Oak Common #2 finished in Minwax Provincial

Thanks again!

Here is a link that might be useful: House-Building Blog

This post was edited by sparkler39 on Mon, Nov 4, 13 at 9:52

Comments (32)

• juddgirl2
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Your new kitchen is gorgeous! I love the island design and the warm floors against the dark cabinets.

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

So gorgeous! And I love your backsplash tile, too!

• bicyclegirl1
    10 years ago

congratulations. what a stunning kitchen. it's so warm and cozy and i love your backsplash. you did a wonderful job.

• sherri1058
    10 years ago

It's beautiful. I love the colours. What do you store in the cabinet to the right of the dishwasher?

• kksmama
    10 years ago

Love your choices, especially the backsplash and the way it goes all the way up and under that window. Paint color, please?

• crazybusytoo
    10 years ago

Beautifully done! Your pulls are perfect and the backsplash is stunning! The wine rack is such a nice touch too!

• Kathy Rivera
    10 years ago

Great job! I love the floor and the shape of the island.

And you always have to give product details! Might as well list them out in one post so you don't have to try to see every question people ask you! :)

• karlsmom
    10 years ago

One of the most beautiful backsplash/countertop combinations ever!

• ginny20
    10 years ago

Just lovely! The dark wood cabs are so clean and elegant with the light counters and BS. Great job. Congratulations!

• romy718
    10 years ago

Very elegant & dramatic. Love the countertop/backaplash combo & the range. The stainless looks great with all your other elements. Beautiful floor! Congratulations!

• Jessica Frost-Ballas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sherri58, the cabinet to the right of the dishwasher is our "critter cabinet." It actually opens to the side and holds all of our dogs' medicines, vet records, food, leashes, and collars as well as birdseed and suet for my outdoor feeders. I can also fit my binoculars and birding books inside! It's right by the back door onto the deck so it's very convenient!

• Jessica Frost-Ballas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kksmama, the wall paint is Sherwin Williams Lazy Grey and the trim is Sherwin Williams Extra White!

• Jessica Frost-Ballas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And thanks all for the comments! I've edited the original post to include a product list! :)

I'm still shocked that a laminate counter can look that good! ;)

• ppbenn
    10 years ago

That's Formica!?!?! WOW. Love it! Everything coordinates beautifully. Especially love the flooring stain choice with your dramatic kitchen. Well done.

• debrak2008
    10 years ago

Amazing looking with laminate counters. Can you post some close ups of the island counter edges?

I really like all your choices.

• bicyclegirl1
    10 years ago

those are the best laminate countertops I've ever seen. amazing. i would never have thought they were anything but marble. again, great job.

• mark_rachel
    10 years ago

I love it!!! Nice choices.

• Jessica Frost-Ballas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Debrak2008, here are a couple iPhone shots of the edges. Unfortunately we were not able to get the seamless edge because of the shape of our island. Our builder and kitchen fabricator both advised against using seamless edge because of the seamed joints (miter seams). We actually would have had to sign a waiver saying that they were not liable for problems as apparently the bolt together counters are prone to problems.

There are no seams on the top of any of our counters (the island is one huge piece of laminate) but we do have the seam all the way around the edge. They did a pretty good job of trying to match up the design so that it was a more natural flow but of course, if you look carefully you can see the seam.

It's funny you ask about that because when it originally went up I was not happy because I was expecting the seamless bullnose edge but once they explained the problem to me it was okay. At the time I thought it would bother me a lot more than it actually does.

Ha, I tend to focus more on the backsplash (ooh shiny!) anyway! ;)

• homebuyer23
    10 years ago

Beautifully done, really well executed! the floors are beautiful, and I Love the backsplash. Congrats, its a beautiful kitchen, enjoy it!

• chicgeek
    10 years ago

Gorgeous!

• Jessica Frost-Ballas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, and one side of the island has the baking sheet racks and the stand mixer lift as pictured above...the other side has this built-in bookshelf for my cookbooks! That's one of my favorite things in the kitchen! :)

• blfenton
    10 years ago

I would never have guessed that your counters were formica. They look gorgeous and the backsplash is beautiful against them. Very pretty kitchen.

• deedles
    10 years ago

Wow, I was going to say how pretty your marble counters were! Beautiful sparkly kitchen... how do you like your mixer lift?

I have that Farmer's market cookbook, too. Love it.

Enjoy your wonderful new kitchen!

• LoPay
    10 years ago

Nice job. Love the cabinets.

• sherri1058
    10 years ago

Thanks Sparkler. It was the orientation of that cabinet that made me ask. I wondered if it might be something like that. Great idea.

• tea4all
    10 years ago

Beautiful job! It is elegant as others have said. Your floors are especially lovely!! Enjoy!

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Gorgeous modern kitchen with beautiful counters that I would have never thought were Formica, beautiful floor, stunning appliances and a gorgeous backsplash. Thank you for sharing.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Gorgeous modern kitchen with beautiful counters that I would have never thought were Formica, beautiful floor, stunning appliances and a gorgeous backsplash. Thank you for sharing.

• onekeysgirl
    10 years ago

I'm going to echo the comments on the counters... Holy Cow Patties, that's Formica?!? I thought I read the product list wrong!

Beautiful in every way! Hope it makes you smile every day.

• bbstx
    10 years ago

Beautiful! I couldn't wait to see the materials list to see what the countertop was. Formica! It looks fantastic!

• ontariomom
    10 years ago

Sparkler,

I am thrilled to see the photos of your kitchen and surrounding rooms. You have made outstanding choices. As others have said, the counter is stunning and the back splash is a winning element! I adore those floors -- having one floor throughout really enlarges the space. The wall colour is gorgeous too!!

Can you tell us where you ordered your cabinets from? How was that experience?

Enjoy your gorgeous home. I am sure it will be a dream to use and entertain in over the holidays!

Carol

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Congratulations! The laminate is amazing -- it looks just like Brazillian Arabescato or some versions of Super White. I love how your range coordinates so beautifully with the cabinets. The strong horizontal lines of the double ovens look great with the hardware.