Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Offset Faucet with offset sink?

Posted by Mugsy42 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 19, 12 at 23:52

Based on the fabulous advice of my KD and the GW community, I am going with the Blanco Silgranit Super Single Bowl sink in Cafe Brown with the offset drain. It will be under mounted in my Delacatus White granite with the Hansgrohe Talis C faucet in Optik Steel.

The granite guys are coming on Wednesday. Should I have the faucet offset to be above the drain? I don't care too much how it looks. More concerned with function. I will also be adding a garbage disposal if that matters.

Thanks for your help.
Mugsy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Offset Faucet with offset sink?

I have a 36" single with a right rear drain and my faucet is centered. I don't think you need to have the faucet over the drain. When I turn my faucet to the side, it hits the drain but I really don't find any reason that it needs to. It functions perfectly centered where I can reach the entire sink. I think you'll be happy with it centered on the sink.

o

I have a rectangular sink with drain offset to the rear-right, a garbage disposal, and my faucet is centered behind the sink. The faucet swivels directly over the offset drain when I need it to. Although you said you didn't care how it looks, I think it would look odd if you did not have the faucet installed in the center. Plus, if you installed the faucet in an offset position, I am not sure that it would hit directly over the offset drain anyway.

BTW, you'll love your offset drain. It seems like a minor feature, but it's so useful. I'll never have another kitchen sink without one.

o

Center it on the counter cutout (i.e. the entire sink). Aside from looking better, if you ever replace the sink, you won't have to be concerned with where the divider lines up etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here