Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A piano in the kitchen? Want one?

Posted by CEFreeman (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 23:51

Ok, it's a reach, but I thought I'd ask here first.

I have an antique piano. An upright with lovely carvings. I don't know about the soundboard, but I think it's OK. It even has two stools with needlepoint seats. Early 1900s, I think.

If you're in the DC area and could use this, or would want it, LMK. It's yours. Just gotta come get it.

Imagine how nice it would look next to an island prep sink? The family could serenade you while you prepare a gourmet meal. Then you could all stand around, drink eggnog, and sing Christmas caroles!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A piano in the kitchen? Want one?

With open floor plans I bet there are a lot of people, like me, who essentially have a piano in the kitchen. I'm typing this from my kitchen island, and our upright is about 12 feet away in the family room area. When DS visits around the holidays, I am indeed graced with a live performance of carols while I bake the Christmas cookies.

Hope the piano finds a good home. I love an old upright!

o

Since seeing your post this am, I keep coming back to it. I'm just outside Baltimore, but have no idea how I could possibly transport it. . . Hmmmmm. My 9 year old has been taking lessons for a little over a year now, and she uses an electronic keyboard to practice. An actual piano would be nice. . .

Any possibility of posting a photo?

Lisa

o

Lisa, I'll try.
I only have a cell phone and it's dark-ish in there.
I really have no idea what condition it's in, other than it's pretty, it's dusty, and it needs a good home. If anything and at the least, you'd probably have to have it tuned.

If you have a piano person, they're welcome to come by and look at it. Who knows!? It might even be a valuable antique.

C.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here