Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please post your inset cabinets with bead

Posted by lynn2006 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 9, 13 at 23:51

Please post pictures of your inset cabinets WITH BEAD. Thank you in advance for sharing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please post your inset cabinets with bead

I loved all the inset cabinets without the bead but if I do go with Shiloh their beaded inset is the same price as the inset without the bead just as their glaze is free. I prefer no glaze so I am skipping this but would I like the bead?

o

Bumping for Lynn. Posting over the weekend have a tendency to get lost pretty far down the posts.

o

Giving her another bump. She's seen my pics, so I'll not bother repeating.

o

picture with bead

o

up close of bead

o

Thank you everyone! The bead is very pretty adding a little extra to the drawers. I love the drawers with the bead and without the bead. But maybe if it is free, I would want it. Thank you Michelle for the close up for the drawers. Michelle, your kitchen is gorgeous!

Thank you Aries61 for bumping up the thread.

Thank you Gooster for bumping up the thread and reminding me that your kitchen also had the beaded inset that I loved.

Anymore pictures? Thank you everyone for your help and for anyone else that has some close-ups of their drawers or to refer me to a link to their kitchens. I really love the look of inset cabinets.

o

Hang tight Lynn. I am so close to being finished. I will try to snap a couple of photos tomorrow when I have daylight. Here's a drawer stack with extended stile "in process" from early days. I absolutely love the bead but it is certainly a dressier look than a normal inset.
 photo mysampledoorandfaceframe.jpg

o

Belle_va, I love your cabinet door! I do love the Bead in that it dresses up the door but still has that shaker look I love in the inset style cabinet. Which brand is your doors and which white did you choose as it is very pretty.

o

Hi Lynn,
I just snapped a few more with my phone. Let's see if they come out okay. The close up on the back of the peninsula really shows a lot of bead... the lighting is dim and the color is washed out but you get some idea of the bead. I'll do glamor shots when it is all done.
 photo peninsula.jpg
Here's that drawer stack installed
 photo drawer1.jpg
Tile is not grouted yet
 photo cabinet1.jpg

o

Lynn- I ended up using a local custom cabinet-maker. The paint color is White Dove. (Matched in whatever spray varnish the shop uses.) I looked at Shiloh and thought they had lovely cabinets and an especially nice selection of whites. I really loved the KD that carried Shiloh (she also carried Crystal) (I also looked at Crystal,Plain and Fancy & Crown Point) I am sure I would have been happy with any of those companies- totally happy... For me here were the pros and cons for local vs factory: Pro: We have a 100 year old house and it turned about to be absolutely invaluable to have the cabinet maker right here. He was able to run back to the shop to make small adjustments. I was able to have a really collaborative relationship with him. (I am sure he LOVED my daily emails agonizing over 1/8th inches!) There are almost no seams- all straight runs have a single face frame. I believe most of the companies I listed above can combine cabinets but for something like my peninsula which is 8 feet long, I don't know how practical it would have been to ship that way. Cons: I am pretty sure the paint finish from any of the cabinet companies listed above is superior and paint finish was really important to me. I am pretty sure I compromised there.

o

Belle_Va- I love the bead! Your cabinets are beautiful and I love the white chosen! Your cabinet maker did a wonderful job! Thank you so much for sharing.

o

Belle_Va, looking at your doors again, I know I want the bead as I love the slightly dressier look that makes my heart sing. Thank you for sharing. I also fell in love with Michelle's beaded door, Gooster's beaded door, and so many inset kitchen with and without the bead.

o

belle_va, did you post a final reveal?

o

Oh, I love beaded inset cabinets. They make me go oooOOoooooo. It's ridiculous how much they speak to me. To the point I've pulled out cabinets and given them away when I find a beaded cabinet at the reuse centers.

These days, frequently the bead is not extra. Shop around. It's becoming such a popular detail, it's also become a competitive detail.

Oh - and if anyone wants to get rid of there's because they're so traditional? Do mention it to me. I'll come take them down for you. Of course, anything in them becomes mine, too, but that's negotiable.

o

i have not *yet* posted a reveal. i am plagued- like so many before me- with those tiny few last details that i just can't get done. i somehow lost steam. i lost motivation. i lost inspiration. my heart just hasn't been in it lately.but one of these days... i'll get it finished and a reveal posted!

o

disclaimer: not my cabs (yet) - pics from my KD showroom
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

mdln, who makes those cabinets? they look lovely.

o

AGL2003, don't quote me on it, but I am almost positive the cabinets she shows above from the KD are Shiloh. I recognize their catalog which is resting on the counter. We ordered Shiloh Beaded Inset Polar White, but they are not yet installed....Renovation starts this week!

o

@ AGK2003 - I am so very SORRY I missed your post.

@ amh615 - you are correct. BTW - I am also getting Polar White, in memory of the polar winter we are having in Chgo. :-)

They are Shiloh beaded inset, aspen door style, in soft white.

This post was edited by mdln on Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 21:35

o

Here is my kitchen with beaded inset
 photo IMG_0266.jpg

More detail:
 photo IMG_0262.jpg

Kitchen photo IMG_0213.jpg

Kitchen photo IMG_0214.jpg

o

The cabinets are gorgeous! I really love the beaded inset look. Thank you everyone for sharing and for those that told us the white painted color used, thank you.

o

@ SoonerMagicMama - beautiful kitchen!

What color is your grout? I really like it.

o

My kitchen is 7 years old and I don't remember details like grout color! We're contemplating a move into a space that would require a major renovation ... so I'm back to Gardenweb trying to get some ideas! At the time that we were building, I obsessed over the grout color; it's some sort of light gray.

o

I didn't get to read all of this but I went back and forth for a long time on bead/no bead.

Thrilled I didn't get the bead for cleaning reasons. Also, I really don't miss seeing one either...

o

@ SoonerMagicMama - obviously obsessing over your grout color paid off, it looks great.

Can't believe your kitchen is 7 years old, also looks great!

o

mdln, curious the showroom that you took pictures of the Shiloh display in Crystal Lake?

o

@ aries61 - yes, it was. Any reason for asking?

o

mdln, Yes, I thought that I remember seeing the display and was trying to remember where I saw it. There are a lot more Shiloh dealers in the Chicago area now then was several years ago.

o

While I did not end up purchasing them at that location, I can highly recommend Greg. He was a pleasure to work with.

Do you have or are you getting Shiloh?

o

I was thinking about getting them, but leaning toward Conestoga now.

Shiloh does make a nice cabinet. I did get some aggressive pricing from a few dealers.

o

@ aries61, I considered 5 different Shiloh dealers, all very close in price except for one who was 18% less. Please let me know if you change back to Shiloh and want more info.

Good luck.

o

mdln, Thanks I'll keep the offer in mind if I change my mind.

The two places that I found that had the best prices were in Gurnee and Pingree Grove.

You'll have to post pictures when you get them installed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here