Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zecchini

my kitchen is done!!!! before and after pics

zecchini
14 years ago

Thank you all for your help! I can't count how many times I checked this site for ideas and solutions for my kitchen dilemas.

All the old posts with pictures were so helpfull that I decided to return the favor, and add pictures of my newly remodeled kithen with some details of the things that really took me a while to figure it out if I wanted or not... or if I should or not.

Overall my kitchen costed 16.000, I know that our kitchen had a lot of potential, but our budget mas very short, and at the end we were 1000 over budget,because we decided to replace our cabinets in the laundry room too, but we were very happy, we were able to get all wood cabinets, stainless steel appliances, lazy susan, pull out drawers in the pantry, got rid of some walls that I disliked and got the granite that I dreamt for so long! I hope my pictures could help someone else in the future. Me and my husband LOVE our kitchen!!! Now we are ready to remodel our 2 bathrooms!

{{gwi:1983597}}

"To save money, we decided to keep almost the same layout, we extended the peninsula by few inches so we could add a garbage pull out."

{{gwi:1983598}}

"We had a mix of black and stainless steel appliances, we decided to make them all stainless. The fridge door could not be open without the the fridge handles hitting the peninsula, so we decided to switch the pantry position with fridge(best decision)!"

{{gwi:1983599}}

"I do a lot of cooking and counter space was very important to me, so could we put the microwave over range and got rid of this wall that was making the kitchen very small, the pocket door was also very outdated so we remove and build a arch on its place, unfortunatelly we could not afford a vent, but the microwave above range is working just great for me!

{{gwi:1983600}}

"This the old pantry, now we have the fridge on its place"

{{gwi:1983601}}

"The wall beside the fridge is now gone and the wall by the pantry is gone too, and since we were doing all that "removal" we decided to replace the laundry room door for a nice one, and the awfull lighting is now gone"

{{gwi:1983602}}

{{gwi:1983603}}

"This is our peninsula... we enlarge it a little and the soffit is gone (never like it!), now we have nice recessed lighting!

{{gwi:1983604}}

"My new fridge placement, this is one of our best decisions, we had a little space that we didn't know how to use, so we added this small spice drawers that we can remove and place wine bottles, and the drawers are 30" and I LOVE THEM! The crown molding was a challenge but our contractor did such a great job."

{{gwi:1983605}}

"The soffit is now gone, and we put cabinets up the ceiling, they 36 inches tall."

{{gwi:1983606}}

{{gwi:1983607}}

"George boy also loves the kitchen"

{{gwi:1983608}}

"Garbage pull out is right beside the dish washer"

{{gwi:1983609}}

{{gwi:1983610}}

"The back splash is tumbled travertine, country deige without space between the tiles, once you grout the the space between the tiles really shows and we are pleased with the results"

I hope someone will find this pictures helpfull. Thanks you all sooooooooooo much!

Comments (45)

• monicakm_gw
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Bravo! Fantastic transformation :)
    You'll probably get a lot questions so you might want to make a list of floor tile, granite, cabs, stain, etc :)
    Very nice!
    Monica

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    14 years ago

Wow, what a difference! Details, please.

• annie.zz
    14 years ago

Lovely! I love the detailing on your cabinets - what are they?

You did all that for 16K? WOW!

Congratulations and enjoy!

• morton5
    14 years ago

WOW! What a wonderful transformation! Even though it's the same footprint, I can't believe it's the same space. It is very fresh and contemporary-looking. Fantastic job! And George is so cute, too!

• darbuka
    14 years ago

Wow, gorgeous! Everything goes together perfectly. Great job on the backsplash (abutting, no space), lovely tiles. Enjoy!

• lmalm53
    14 years ago

Zecchini your new kitchen is FABULOUS! Love your beautiful cabinets with the crown molding. The layout looks so spacious and open. Your color scheme is warm and inviting, your backsplash and granite is gorgeous! Great Job!

I love your bar stools. Where did you get them? Do they swivel? I am trying to find a similar pair for my kitchen island.

• rhome410
    14 years ago

Really rich and elegant! The cabinets are particularly beautiful. I love how the vertical detail from the 5-panel drawers and doors go up through the slab drawer fronts. So great with the soffit gone!

• country_smile
    14 years ago

The kitchen is gorgeous and little George is cute. Is the granite Giallo Veneciano?

• tntwalter
    14 years ago

Great job. The fridge placement is great now too! Looks incredible!

Trish

• lisaslists2000
    14 years ago

It is beautiful. I need to know how you did it so inexpensively. It certainly does not look inexpensively done! Please do post details - I can use all the help I can get keeping costs down.
    Lisa

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Amazing Transformation Zecchini,
    The rich deep dark cabinets with your tile
    floor and beautiful granite truly changes this room.
    The backsplash blends perfectly. The hardward and
    the stainless appliance are awesome. The elements
    look great. I love your can lights much nicer than
    the dated fixture from before. The stools/chairs look
    better in this dark elegant space.
    Love it all. Pat yourself on the back this kitchen
    is a work of art.
    I especially like your sweet little dog.
    That makes the room even more inviting. ;)

~boxerpups

• theanimala
    14 years ago

Great job, looks excellent!

• cotehele
    14 years ago

Congratulation on a beautiful kitchen. The cabinets' color and design are striking. The crown molding is a very nice finish. I like the refrigerator in the cooking run of cabinets. Enjoy!

• lovesbirds_2009
    14 years ago

WOW!! What a transformation. Love your cabinets. The color is so rich looking and really transforms the space. You have a beautiful kitchen and should feel really proud of the results.

• olga_d
    14 years ago

Wow, that is a huge change from the before pictures! Looks very nice!

• natenvalsmom
    14 years ago

I think moving the refrigerator was such a great idea. It sort of stuck out before and created that tiny cabinet before turning the corner to the sink. Lovely, spacious kitchen! I wish you wonderful times and delicious meals in your new space.

• prill
    14 years ago

That looks wonderful. You did a great job.

• sjblick
    14 years ago

Wow, how did you do all that on 16,000? Looks great, very nice.

• sunnny
    14 years ago

What a wonderful kitchen. I especially like your backsplash and your cabinets. They seem to fit the area so well, not over powering just perfect. When you moved the fridge it made a huge difference. Seems to flow better now.
    Great job,
    Sunny

• marybeth1
    14 years ago

WOW! What a transformation! Such a great use of space! Very well thought out and very classy. Enjoy your beautiful new space!

• Tucker Zoey
    14 years ago

Wow! That is an incredible transformation and a beautiful new kitchen. Also, George is definitely a cutie.

• biochem101
    14 years ago

Great job! Looks beautiful. Isn't it amazing how taking down those 3 tiny walls helped? (What were they doing there anyway?!) The counter to the left of the range is so much more accessible AND you can see the beautiful cabinets in that corner. It makes the kitchen look bigger because you are seeing MORE cabinets now.

Boxerpups quote: "The stools/chairs look better in this dark elegant space."

I noticed the stools too in the before/after and thought "she decorated around those stools!" I suspect you bought those stools knowing how the kitchen would look in the future. ;)

• donnakay2009
    14 years ago

How warm and welcoming this kitchen is! Beautiful job!

• dr_nik
    14 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love those beautiful cabinets!

• tracie.erin
    14 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! I'm envious! I'm contemplating a very similar kitchen in both layouts and look. Seconding the request for details on your gorgeous materials, plus room dimensions & ceiling height. Thanks!

• susie1010
    14 years ago

Your kitchen looks beautiful and well planned. You were so smart to extend your peninsula. I was afraid to do that and am now sorry. We could have used another 12 - 24 inches.

Your backsplash also looks good w/o the grout.

• homey_bird
    14 years ago

Congratulations! I'm sure you feel the difference and never miss your old kitchen! It was fantastic transformation! You did manage to completely turn the space around. Enjoy!!

• ritamay91710
    14 years ago

Very Nice!!!

And your fur baby is adorable!!!

• shelayne
    14 years ago

Holy cow, what an amazing transformation! It is really warm, rich, and wonderful! It is so welcoming. Your stools look sooo good in this new space. Great idea to swap the fridge and pantry, and extend your peninsula to add a trash pullout!

All this for $16K? Are you kidding me? FABU!

(And your little dog, too! *cackle, cackle*)

• melisande
    14 years ago

Nice. I like your floor - it's hard to get a neutral floor in the first place, but this one actually adds subtle texture while still allowing those cabinets to pop.

Good job all around.

• mamalynn
    14 years ago

Astounding transformation! You REALLY did a great job! It's so elegant and it looks so much larger than before. Your cabinets look like fine furniture. And that's a beautiful color of granite! Congratulations and Enjoy!!

• smiling
    14 years ago

Oh wow, it just looks fantastic! What a beautiful transformation. Your decisions to take out those small pieces of walls, move the fridge, extend the penninsula, and lose the soffit were all great, successful decisions. The dark, rich cabinets (love the spice drawers!) and the just-right granite make it so inviting. I cannot imagine how you did all this on $16K, it looks like you spent three or four times that amount! Congratulations on such a wonderful finished kitchen, may it give you many happy years!

• zecchini
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello everybody! I got a lot of good compliments on my kitchen. Thank you so much! It was so much work, but at the end it was worth it!

• zecchini
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Some people asked about the bar stool and here is the info
    Manufactor: PASTEL FURNITURE
    Syle: Magnolia Swivel with arms
    the color on mine is Autumm Rust
    They are heavy and very well made, really good quality.

• zecchini
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here is the bar stool

Here is a link that might be useful:

• zecchini
    Original Author
    14 years ago

bar stool

Here is a link that might be useful:

• kitchennewbie2009
    14 years ago

Can I ask what is the granite that you got? I really like it and would love to know what it is. The kitchen is georgeous and I am so impressed that you did it for $16,000.

• zecchini
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Floor: Rectfied porcelain 20x20 TREVI NOCE, grout bone
    Cabinets: Shaker in cabernet 36"
    Ceiling is 8ft heigh
    Kitchen is 14x13'
    granite is Santa Cecilia
    Faucet is Moen
    The size of the pantry is 30'
    The drawers are also 30'
    I hope this info can be helpful for somebody!
    Thank you!

• tracie.erin
    14 years ago

Totally helpful! Our measurements are nearly the same. This gives me a lot more confidence in going w/ darker cabs because I thought it may be too much for my space, but now I can see it can come out gorgeously!

I hope you enjoy your fantastic new kitchen!

• starpooh
    14 years ago

What an awesome transformation!

Can I archive your kitchen in the Finished Kitchens Blog?
    If so please submit the FKB Checklist to give your permission.
    Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: FKB Category Checklist

• susanlynn2012
    14 years ago

Zecchini, I love your kitchen renovation so much from the color of the cabinets, to the hardware, to those big beautiful floor tiles on the diagonal, to that gorgeous backsplash, to those counters are stunning and that little doggie really enhances the pictures. Thanks for sharing some information about the kitchen to give me ideas.

• gabbygirl_2001
    14 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen!

• msrose
    14 years ago

Did I miss the brand of cabinets somewhere? I can't believe this was a $16K remodel. This gives me hope that I may be able to afford new cabinets one day.

Laurie

• threegraces
    14 years ago

What a transformation! It's like a major facelift for your house. Gorgeous and I canNOT believe you did that for 16K. That gives me such hope for our remodel. I adore the crown molding, very rich.

• jb1176
    14 years ago

Please share the brand of cabinets. They are beautiful and the porcelain floor is a great color with the cabinets. You have done an outstanding job. Great idea to move the frig and take out the walls.