Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have a cheaper look a like to this backsplash.

Posted by sarina (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 6, 13 at 23:41

I love the look at the bottom of the page on right. The subway tiles that are 2 x 6 but would not have to do that size and the mini crescendo brick . Love the look not the price :( called today and 15 square feet of the mini crescendo is 1,325.00 and the subway tile would be 582.00 for 30 square feet and then of course have to pay installer to do it. So not sure I can do that or not have to find out the cost of install and check the budget of other projects in the new house we just bought. If anyone knows of a look similar to bottom right hand side of page with the milk bottle in the picture let me know . Thank you :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Bravo tile , encore

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have a cheaper look a like to this backsplash.

Is it this one, mini lattice mosaic?

o

Here is another pic of the mini lattice mosiac in two different colors, very similar to Sonoma Venezia posted below

This post was edited by romy718 on Thu, Nov 7, 13 at 21:32

o

It is the first one .

o

bump , please look

o

I saw Encore tiles for first time today. I really like the crackle ones. I tried to see which ones you are eyeing, but not sure. There was a less expensive brand (@ $20+) with great colors but little crackle.

o

Sarina, the Bravo 2"x6 " are about $19 per sq. ft. per the quote you received. That is about half of what I am paying for 3"x6" Silver crackle tiles. I noticed 4 of the Bravo colors are "crackle": Silver, Smoke, Beach & Moonlight.
Brie & Milk are "gloss" ceramics, Bianca & Capri are "Matte". I'm only pointing this because I was aware Encore had the Bravo line (a more affordable option) but did not realize that some of the crackle finishes were included in this line.
This info doesn't help you with the cost of the mini lattice mosaic. The crackle tiles are beautiful if one of these colors work for you & you can live without the mosaic.

o

Sonoma Tile Makers makes a wavy mini brick but does not do a whole lattice like that. You can construct it, however, from small squares and wavy mini bricks like their sample boards.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sonoma

o

Pic of Sonoma Venezia that Gooster is referencing.

o

how about this one in natural stone?
$14.99
they have it in carrera, crema marfil, and athens grey too

Here is a link that might be useful: 3d basketweave tile

This post was edited by michoumonster on Fri, Nov 8, 13 at 15:18

o

Sarina, what did you end up doing?

o

Hi.. I have not gotten it done yet. Just got my stove in a dual fuel range . Waiting for my vent a hood to go in . I think I made my mind up on tile though and going to do the Sonoma 3 x 6 subway in Krazy Krackle color and the liner called way cool twist for the frame part and in middle of frame the carved tile maranda in 6 x 6. That is what I think I will do . Going to order it next week unless change mind but do not think I will :)

o

Romy718 - how do i find who is selling that basketweave - do you have a link?

o

Both pictures I posted are from Encore Ceramics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Encore Ceramics, Bravo Gallery pictures

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here