Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tralalablah

Grohe Minta vs. Concetto

tralalablah
9 years ago

Long-time lurker, first time poster.

I've done quite a few searches and I've seen the Grohe Minta is a well-liked faucet on the board. I'm ready to bite the bullet and finally decide, but I'm struggling between it and the Grohe Concetto.

It's clear that you have to turn off the water to get from a spray back to a stream for both, neither seem to be able to go back and forth.

The angles and height are nearly identical, the only difference I can figure is the design of the base, one is a big vertical cylinder, the other more horizontal.

I can get the Concetto for nearly $200 cheaper than the Minta right now, but I'm wondering if there's a feature I've overlooked.
A call to Grohe wasn't very fruitful, either. I'm considering calling back and hoping to find an agent that knows the models a little better.

Any ideas on what's different or if there's a feature on the Minta that would make me cough up the extra $?

Thanks!

Comments (12)

• rococogurl
    9 years ago

Carefully read and compare the specification sheet for each faucet and you will get your answers. That's where all the features are detailed.

Minta also makes a touch faucet now, I believe.

• tralalablah
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I've done that many times, along with every .pdf available on their website. It doesn't compare like against like and uses different wording but essentially says the same thing. If I could find them in person, that might help. Even the exploded drawings are very similar. I'm just wondering if there's something I'm not seeing that would create the value difference.

• kksmama
    9 years ago

I have the Concetto with a tapmaster at my prep sink. Love the look, and it works well as a pot filler, but I find it a bit splashy unless I use the sprayer or pull the head down - maybe because it isn't aerated?

• tralalablah
    Original Author
    9 years ago

So I've checked on some of the things ^^^posted above and it appears that they both have the same locking dual-spray (according to this dealer - http://belmonthardware.com/catalog/product/GROHE/Concetto/Dual-Spray-Pull-Down-Kitchen-Faucet/917 ).

And I've seen on this board several posts that say neither go back and forth (when the water is turned off, it automatically goes back to stream, won't stay on spray).

I do notice the designs are different at the base (I'm only looking at the curve option - the gooseneck/high arc one), but I don't think it's enough to create that big of a value difference. Mine will be on an island sink, so I don't have the clearance issues with the lever. I did notice that in the exploded drawings and I can see that might be a factor if you had little clearance.

So basically, I'm back to thinking they're nearly the same faucet for someone with an island sink. I don't want/need the touch technology (we're off grid), so I'm thinking the Concetto is the much better deal. Anyone with a Minta on an island sink able to chime in and let me know why they chose it over the Concetto?

Here is a link that might be useful: Concetto Faucet

• rococogurl
    9 years ago

You're welcome!

• Hydragea
    9 years ago

tralala -
    I'm looking at the same faucets.
    I wouldn't trust the belmonthardware people. I would trust the product specs.

For the Minta, I've read also that this one doesn't go back and forth, and that you have to turn off the faucet to return to non-spray mode; however, maybe they upgraded the faucet recently to allow the toggle between spray/regular flow. Just a guess. The product specs clearly state that it does go back and forth. Perhaps there is a model number that is associated with the upgraded functionality (?) so that you can tell for sure what you're getting.

I would say that the toggle spray would be enough to warrant a higher price.

I still haven't decided yet.

• homepro01
    9 years ago

Call Grohe! Easiest way to get an answer to your question. I called Grohe recently and they were very helpful. I was looking at some shower valves and found the specs confusing.
    Good luck!

• tralalablah
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I called Grohe and was assured that none of their faucets toggle back and forth. So that's not it. I was told that the difference in price is the design and styling of the faucet. They are so similar to me that it wasn't worth the extra cost, so we bought the Concetto.

Hoping it was the right choice. The person I spoke to at Grohe was not very helpful. It seemed odd to me that all she spoke about was the design, which is really just the direction of the cylinder, for the most part.

• Hydragea
    9 years ago

Interesting.
    I got the Concetto too. It has very innocuous lines, and the price what right!
    Hope it was the right choice. Still a little worried about splashing as the flow is not aerated...we'll see what happens :-)

• tgcurtis1
    8 years ago

I am also between the Grohe Concetto and the Minta high arc. Are you happy with choosing the Concetto and would you purchase it again?

8 years ago

Purely anecdotal note: we're in a rental while our house is being renovated, and it has what appears to be a Concetto. The metal hose is ridiculously hard to pull out, especially when the faucet is on (it drags and scrapes along something, but I can't see that it's installed wrong) and it recently started sticking in the spray position and now won't go back to stream at all.