Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sue_ct

Does anyone have a white silgranite anthrasite sink?

sue_ct
16 years ago

I am going with a light counter top, either granite or quartz, and the ones I like have little or no black in them. Is the white silgranite anthracite as practical? I was a little concerned about my hard water make white deposits show up on the black anyway, but I would still have gotten one. Since I really don't think it would go with the counters I am considering, even though I think it is very nice looking, I wondered about the white. I don't know if there are others, but one is the Blanco 511-602. Do they stain? I wonder if they are as pretty? Any photos or opinions of white anthracite sinks? Are any other colors available, like beige or brown? Any photos of the black with light granites or quartz counters that don't have black in them? I am thinking like Crema Bordeaux, Shivakashi or Blanco Romano, or the quartz counters like Silestone Kona Beige, Ivory Coast or Zodiac cappucino. I know it is a wide range but I am looking at light creams and browns with maybe some burgundy or garnet colors in it.

Sue

Comments (6)

• sleepydrj
    16 years ago

Hi,
    Anthracite refers to the grey colored silgranit sink. I have the super single in biscuit, which is a good neutral beige color that is well suited to my dark soapstone counters. It's a great sink and never ever looks dirty. Much easier to care for than my old white cast iron/enamel. I got the sink wire grate that matches it and I'm very pleased. Even when dishes pile up, the sink never gets mucky. One quick rinse with water and it is essentially spotless. Sorry, no photos of mine yet, but you will surely find many others on this site.

couldn't be happier with the sink. enjoy.

• sue_ct
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, no wonder I trouble finding them. I saw so many references to anthracite sinks, I didn't realize that was the name of the color rather than the material. I guess it is silgranite sinks I am asking about, and so far I have found blanco that come in black (antracite), metallic gray, biscut and white. I do believe there might be one in a brown color that I saw but I am not sure and can't find it again. Maybe not, it might have been swanstone, which I don't want. Anyway, any comments or photos of the lighter colors or photos of the black with the light counters would help. If I am not going to go with the free ss sink included, or the upgrade to the black silgranite, I need to figure in that cost. They do not offer the other colors with the purchase of the counter top so I would have to get my own.

Sue

• mondragon
    16 years ago

I've seen photos of dark/anthracite silgranit sinks with light colored counters and they looked great.

You can search through the finished kitchens blog find-a-kitchen list for "silgranit" and then look at the photos. Keriwest has them but there aren't really any good pictures. Manicotti has grey sinks with white countertops.

I know I've seen other photos here besides those.

I have a white silgranit and while I like it, the upkeep to keep it white is pretty high. I don't hear anything like th e same complaints from the colored sinks.

• daki
    16 years ago

As far as colorsm the European/German Blanco sinks come in a variety of colors that aren't available in the US :(. They also have some really neat designs that aren't available here either.

Here is a link that might be useful: European Blanco sink colors - not available in the US...

• juliana04
    16 years ago

I've had a white Silgranit sink since August and I really like it. It's not hard to keep it clean at all. Cookie sheets and cast iron pans leave some black marks in the corners, but these usually come off with a wet paper towel. I've used cleanser on a couple of tough spots, and once every few weeks or so I spritz it with some Clorox Cleanup and it's back to new. I've not been careful with it at all - it's had cranberry juice sit in it overnight, for example. I was worried that the white would stain, but so far so good.

• nanc1966
    16 years ago

I just ordered my Blanco silgranit in biscuit color. I am buying it sight unseen, so I am hoping I will love it. My granite will be St. Cecilia, with off-white cabinets, so I decided the black would be too much w/ white appliances. I will let you know when I get it this week.

Nancy