Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
opphop

Specific sink questions

opphop
10 years ago

Before our soapstone fabricator installs our counter tops, I need some opinions about the sink area.

I want a single bowl, 32" sink and was set on using the Kraus stainless undermount I bought a couple months ago. Today I saw a dark gray granite composite sink and thought it might look great with the soapstone and have a similar silky feel. Opinions? Does the darker composite hold up over time?

Would I want undermount or self-rimming if I went with composite?

When the fabricator cuts the faucet hole(s), I'm wondering if I should plan on an under-sink drinking water filter with dispenser. Is it a gimmick or wonderful?

Is an instantaneous hot water dispenser like those sold for around $299 next to the garbage disposals at Home Depot worth it?

Is a built-in soap dispenser a good or bad idea?

At our house we're used to separate hot and cold water handles and separate sprayer nozzle. This is a 125 year old house so I'm trying to decide if the single lever faucet with integrated sprayer would look too modern or should I stick with traditional hot/cold handles. Does the single handle make life that much better?

Last, any ideas on finding reasonably priced subway tiles for a backsplash that look hand painted with slight color variations between tiles? I'm looking for a light sage green shade in a size like a 3 x 6".

Comments (7)