Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
klcox_gw

Brizo Smart-touch Faucet,.... reviews??

klcox
13 years ago

Replacing my kitchen sink and faucet. Has anyone dealt with this faucet? the style is called Talo and it turns on/off just from touching it anywhere along the neck. Could only fing one opinion elsewhere on the web and it was negative.

Comments (84)

• rf1365
    7 years ago

Love Hate Relationship. Due to sensitive skin I must wear dishwashing gloves when I'm loading dishwasher, or dealing with water. The gloves impede conductivity and it's terribly annoying to get the faucet to respond to get the water to come on regardless of wether the feature is on or not. It gets so frustrating. I tried touching faucet with my forehead, nose, or elbow and it still does not respond. I must remove one of the gloves and touch with my bare hand for it to work properly.

• plbr
    7 years ago

I would like to update my prior comments. Through reading and trying to find out what was going on, I discovered that at sometime to Brizo faucet had a silinoid problem. After a couple calls to Brizo, they sent me out the newer version of the silinoid. BINGO! That solved the problem, have not had to changed the batteries since, and my faucet it working beautifully. I now am very happy with it's style and function.

• ajrmcr
    6 years ago

We've had a delta touch kitchen faucet for over 5 years and it has worked perfectly. I'm in the midst of a bathroom remodel and I am considering brizzo, only because I prefer their style, any current updates on performance/reliability?

• Lori
    6 years ago

I've had my kitchen Salano now for 4 years. Not a single problem.

• Nilda
    6 years ago
    Any current comments on the Brizo vs Delta debate? We've had a Delta Touch 2o in every home since 2009 with no real problems. We can't go back to manual. Interested in knowing whether to stick with Delta or try Brizo - their aesthetics are beautiful and would go better with our renovated kitchen. Thanks!
  • Sue 430
    6 years ago

Don't have the brio, but do have the Kohler Sensate touchless and love it.

• kaseki
    6 years ago

I was under the impression that Brizo was a division of Delta. (Similar to Bugatti being a division of Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft -- VAG.)

• Lori
    6 years ago

Brizo is Delta’s “luxury” line.

• ajrmcr
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

We installed the delta Tesla in December and both are working great!

• jesslake
    6 years ago

I have a Brizo Solna (the articulated one) with smart touch and I absolutely love it. It took me a little while to get used to it because we previously had a Moen MotionSense which is a bit different but when I put a Brizo Solna bar faucet without Smart Touch (what was I thinking?) in our island, I realized that there was no going back. Once you get used to it, it's wonderful and anything else is a nuisance. And I find I use far less water with an electronic faucet. Only downside is that guests have no idea how to work it. As far as I know, Delta Touch2O and Brizo SmartTouch products use the same technology. Moen work a bit differently and are more intuitive in my opinion (ie guests can figure it out without reading the manual), but not nearly as beautifully crafted. Haven't tried Kohler. Fortunately I've never had a technical problem with any electronic faucet that I've installed (airport bathrooms are another story...).

• Lori
    5 years ago

Maybe it is defective. We have had a Brizo for over 4 years now and have changed the batteries once.

• Aglitter
    3 years ago

@jesslake and @Davidson Organizing, LLC Can you give us an update on how your Brizo Artesso and Solna articulating faucets have held up? I've heard they had a problem with the joints losing tension and falling downward in time but that Brizo has supposedly recently fixed this problem but that the only faucets that are fixed would be in the warehouse at Brizo, so you'd have to pay full price to get them directly from Brizo. I'm curious how yours have held up since you wrote your reviews.

• PRO
    Davidson Organizing, LLC
    3 years ago

15 months of constant use and we are thrilled with it. We did have a wiring issue early on causing it to not work but got that fixed. I honestly don’t remember the fix. But Delta talked me through it.

• Aglitter
    3 years ago

Thanks so much @Davidson Organizing, LLC for the update and photo! I'll give this faucet some serious thought. Had almost decided on an In2Aqua until I heard over on this current thread that Brizo had corrected the failing joints problem with the Artesso and Solna. I think the articulating features are more of what I need for my large workstation sink and also my desire to avoid the moving hose from a pull-out model plus the ability to save strain on the back by using the articulating feature to tailor the position.

• Patricia Boyer Rossi
    3 years ago

Wrote about my unhappiness with Brizo 4 years ago. Here is an update: there was a common electrical problem everyone was having with the solenoid. Since that was changed out in mine it’s worked perfectly.

• jaezip
    3 years ago

If ordering today, how will i know if I am getting an updated solenoid or the old dysfunctional one?

• Aglitter
    3 years ago

@Davidson Organizing, LLC Thanks again for your advice on the Brizo articulating faucet. I ended up ordering two from Quality Bath. One was damaged upon arrival, and that story is being documented here.

I also wanted to update this thread to note that the stainless steel finish on the Brizo Artesso and I believe also the Litze is PVD-applied so anticipated to be extremely durable. The chrome is electroplated so not as durable. The PVD stainless steel finish is called the "Brilliance Stainless." The faucet head is not stainless but a metal-like material according to a Brizo customer service phone rep. The Litze (pronounced LITZ) articulating faucet was a close runner-up as my choice, but I decided on the Artesso because it has a longer faucet head which appeared to offer more room for the fingers to fit around the spray/stream button and a flared head which looked easier to hold. The Litze model's spray head texture would not have been uncomfortable to the touch, again according to a Brizo rep.

• Dar W
    2 years ago

We've had two Brizo touchless faucets in our kitchen for almost four years and I love them. They aren't perfect. I bought rechargeable batteries and I've had to replace them once or twice. The only trouble that they've given me is the battery packs on both faucets (located under the sinks) the tops of them have popped off (and then the faucets don't work). They're plastic and I don't know why they would suddenly start doing this? The first time it happened the main sink faucet was new and Brizo sent me a replacement. Then recently the second one on the prep sink (pictured), just started doing it, so I rubber banded both pieces together and it's fine now

• PRO
    Marnie Fisher
    2 years ago

I’ve had Brizo for 6 years. No issues. Batteries replaced approximately yearly. I just love the design. It’s so timeless.
    Here’s an issue!! Especially with cats. If there’s some plates or food in the sink and they come up close to smell and survey the scene. And they happen to brush the spout or handle!! Even with their tail. The water can turn on suddenly with the last pressure setting. Which means they get spooked! And run! Sometime times turning the faucet out of the sink.
    Do not leave in touch mode unattended!!

• Kirk Garrison
    2 years ago

smart touch feature is not worth it. It worked for a week great, now drips constantly, only way to stop dripping is to manually turn off faucet. Have gone back and forth with customer service, send pics, of this and that...still not resolved.

• Lori
    2 years ago

You must have got a lemon. I’ve had mine since 2015. Other than replacing batteries every couple of years, it still works as great as it did the day it was installed.

• popoki47
    2 years ago

I put a Brizo Litze touch faucet in my kitchen 2 years ago. Have changed the batteries twice in that time. i just LOVE this faucet!

• joshleon
    2 years ago

Kirk, did you ever resolve the drip issue? We had ours installed 2 months ago and are no having same problem. Thanks

• Aglitter
    2 years ago

@joshleon I would encourage you to just ask for a replacement from Brizo. The customer service and warranty terms are supposed to be solid with Brizo (as part of the larger Delta brand). If you get the right person on the phone, they may make it easy on you and just ship a new one. It's harder to get a total replacement from the place of sale after 2 months, but dealing with Brizo directly should get you where you need to go. If you play their game of "replace this part" or whatever, you'll be out the cost of either plumbing service or your own time having to rebuild the faucet on your own. Push for a new one, would be my advice. Sometimes on other issues, I know that Brizo has been aware of defects and eventually corrects them with new models that are stocked in their own warehouse. If you bought from a reseller, it could be an older model that has been sitting around for a while.

• joshleon
    2 years ago

Thank you silverlined, this is very helpful

• rosaserai
    last year

I’m interested in the Brizo smart touch Odin or Litze faucet. Are there any updates on the way it works? I read that some you h faucets can be hardwired or plugged in. Are the Brizo smart able to do this? What do you think of the way it sprays or flows? Thank you for any advice! 🙏🏼

• joshleon
    last year

Be prepared to have solenoid valve replaced at some point. I don’t know about hard wiring but it does eat batteries up pretty quickly.

I like it overall but it’s not without headaches.

• Aglitter
    last year
    last modified: last year

Most Delta/Brizo touch faucet reviews I have seen include complaints about unit failure starting around the 3-year mark. That was why I crossed off this style faucet early in my kitchen remodel research. It is a nice concept, but for someone planning to stay a long time in a kitchen, the technology longevity just doesn't seem to be there yet. I did select a Brizo regular (articulating) faucet in the end and have been thrilled with it about 1 1/2 years into use now.

• rosaserai
    last year

@Aglitter and @joshleon Thank you so much for your help. So many out there to think about. I had read somewhere that they have recently figured out the issue with their solenoid? Can't confirm though. But the drip issue is going to be problematic and something I definitely want to stay away from. Has anyone had any experience with the Roibel Azure kitchen faucet?

• joshleon
    last year

The solenoid and drip issues are one in the same. My solenoid was defective but customer service at delta is amazing. I swapped it out myself and it works fine now.

I actually would rec it. But nothing to compare it to.

It looks awesome

• rosaserai
    last year

@joshleon How long did it take customer service to send it out to you and is it easy to replace on your own? Is there an option to use AC with Brizo? thanks so much!

• Aglitter
    last year

I'm not familiar with the Riobel Azure kitchen faucet in particular, but I did take a close look at the brand when I was researching for my renovation because it is highly reviewed by the faucet experts at @StarCraft Custom Builders http://www.starcraftcustombuilders.com/sources.faucets.Riobel.htm

Delta/Brizo has better warranty service than Riobel, though, so if you are planning to be in the house a long time, that consideration should play a role. Also, the Riobel faucets tend to be smaller in scale than the typical Delta, Moen, or Kohler faucets popular in the USA. Pay particular attention to the measurements of the Riobel and make sure it is large enough for you before ordering.

• rmcclaugherty
    11 months ago

We have the Brizo 'Smarttouch' faucet, and it is terrible. Turns off by itself and will not resume 50% of the time when touched. Don't waste your money.

• PRO
    Phyla
    8 months ago

I purchased one along time ago, 2014, the Jason WU black Solano model. At first, it worked extremely well, and then it got a little buggy. Since it was one of the earliest releases of the solenoid and system, (v 1.1 on the board.) they've definitely made large improvements over the years. The earlier ones would false or not work if the wires were touching or the batteries were not placed in the right area under the sink, etc. anyhow, it finally stopped working all together around 2023. One quick call to the Brizo concierge for touch and voice products, and they sent me out newest version of the system, free of charge. It was extremely easy to call and get through, and they were very helpful. Great service, and great that they stand behind their products with providing updated products as per their warranty. And as above, yes, there are AC adapters for the batteries. Mine took six AAs which equals 9V. So a simple DC 9V adapter works, or you can purchase one directly from Brizo..

• jillw65
    7 months ago
    last modified: 7 months ago

I’ve had the Jason Wu Smart Touch Odin in matte white for three months and it works perfectly. My only issue is that the faucet itself looks as it should and as pictured on the Brizo site, bright matte white. however however, the bonnet cap ( the part between the faucet and the handle) is not the same material or bright white color as the faucet. It looks like a dingy off white and looks bad. i also invested in the matte white air button which is also the same dingy looking white as the bonnet cap.

i ordered in from Build.com (Ferguson) who tried to help and i called Brizo finally because I figured they would be able to confirm if this is a defect or not.

Brizo has been amazing! They’ve tried to help by sending a few new pieces and unfortunately, it is what it is. Brizo mentioned the parts are made in different factories and could affect the parts, but i don‘t think it matters. They are just not the same materials as the faucet, you can feel the difference so the colors-finishes of the matte whites are off from the faucet bright matte white

****I'm curious if anyone else has seen this or had this issue with the Jason Wu matte white products.?***

Brizo customer service (concierge) has been terrific and is helping me to resolve the situation...unfortunately the contractor had the faucet installed but i didn’t notice it beforehand so i will have to pay a plumber to come and reinstall whatever parts need to ne replaced. Oh well.

• Aglitter
    7 months ago

This is going to sound simplistic so please bear with me. Being a perfectionist myself, I totally get the dissatisfaction with a high-end, expensive faucet not having matching finishes throughout all the pieces.

However, I cringe to think of any plumber coming in and trying to disassemble a faucet, reassemble, and then reinstall. You are looking at possible damage to a number of different items, not to mention possibly your countertop if the faucet is overtightened on the second round. Another doubt I have is whether the replacement parts on order will end up being much of an improvement.

Advice I read once on Houzz has been so helpful to me with my kitchen renovation, and that is when you encounter materials or workmanship that are less than perfect, try to live with it for a while. It may take six months or a couple of years, but eventually the issues, while perhaps never becoming inconspicuous, will fade in importance, and you'll enjoy the kitchen.

Your faucet will probably not last forever, and when the time comes that you need to replace, perhaps pick another Brizo with a different finish that would be more consistent for you. I have two Brizo articulating faucets in my new kitchen and love them, and I recommend the articulating style to help with ergonomics to reduce back strain.

Another option would be to ask Delta/Brizo now for a free trade for a different style. Just as you have, I found Delta's customer service to be outstanding with defects I had in one of my original faucets for which I received a full replacement.

• Pi_pumkin_sol3
    7 months ago

@Aglitter I've enjoyed reading your comments. How is your Havens sink holding up, by the way?

• jillw65
    7 months ago

@aglitter thank you for your insightful feedback. Agreed on your thoughts and I have lived with the off-color dingy pieces that don’t match the matte white faucet finish as they should.
    I was looking for feedback from the community on if anyone else has encountered these same issues.

As I said, the faucet is fantastic as is Brizo customer care. But an expensive air button and bonnet cap that shows bright matte white should match the faucet (and as shown in the Brizo website) but don’t. They’re dingy yellowish dull off-white.
    Not sure why this is, and can’t be rectified even by the manufacturer. They’ve tried sending replacements for both but all the same, sadly.

• Aglitter
    7 months ago

As I feared, your replacement parts didn't offer improvement. Yes, I agree that with the cost of Brizo faucets, nearing or exceeding $1,000 USD per unit, this finish discrepancy is completely unacceptable. If it were me, I would ask for a refund or exchange and then select a different Brizo faucet that has a consistent finish throughout. It appears that the Jason Wu for Brizo collection is the only one with faucets offered in matte white. Brizo has some stunning finishes in its other lines, including gold. I have Brizo faucets in the Brilliance Stainless finish that have held up flawlessly through 2 1/2 years of use now. Perhaps you could select an alternate finish that would still blend with other of your decor.

To answer Mark's question about my 42" wide Havens sink with 18" wide strainer basket, overall I love the sink with basket, its functionality, and the ergonomic apron front. What I regret is putting the rolled-texture finish on the inside of the sink. The textured finish has made the surface appear like new with inconspicuous scratching and water spotting, but it has also made the sink more difficult to clean. I frequently need to use a scrubber pad to clean lodged food particles and to scrub away minor rust spots (and I paid for an upgrade to 316 stainless, though it is my understanding that all Havens sinks have been switched to 316 since my purchase). Also, I have learned since my purchase that Rachiele routinely does microwelding at corner seams to prevent crud buildup, which I do experience with Havens and need to clean with cotton swabs and occasionally sandpaper.

Knowing what I know now, I would have gone with a Rachiele sink in a smooth finish, perhaps with texturing of some sort like a hammered finish on the apron front only. I've been told that Rachiele has vastly inflated its pricing structure in the years since I purchased my sink, so Havens may be the far more affordable option by now, but anyone in the market for a new sink should check current pricing and manufacturing parameters before deciding.

• jillw65
    7 months ago

@aglitter thanks again and yes, Brizo has kindly offered to replace, recommendation is the Luxe gold, (hopefully would work with my stainless sink) or all Briliant polished nickel which is the handle I have with the matte white. Their polished nickel doesn't seem to be very gold, just a bit warmer than stainless so it would most likely work with the stainless sink. I'm just sad because I LOVE the matte white faucet and you're correct, the Jason Wu is almost the only one that makes it. That said, there is another premium brand that does come in matte white (California faucets) but don't think it's available in a Smart Touch type feature which I want. I may opt to try the air button in another finish, but am still left with the dingy off-white bonnet cap that is part of the faucet so that is the biggest issue because it can be replaced but Brizo can't seem to find the correct bright matte white of the faucet. Crazy.

• Aglitter
    7 months ago

Brizo's production failure with the finish has really put you in a bind if your next finish choice is gold because you could have done a white sink. However, mixed metals have been common for quite a while in kitchen design, and unless the sink is apron-front, you may not mind the look of the Luxe Gold against stainless steel. Rest assured you are not the only customer who has been inconvenienced by this problem. I am disappointed (and Jason Wu should be too) in Brizo's quality control failure here. For reference, here is a photo of a Brizo Luxe Gold finish with a stainless steel sink. The Luxe Gold is a gorgeous finish.

• jillw65
    7 months ago

@aglitter I saw that picture too, thank you! And you’re correct… the Brizo/JW QC is not good. I have asked about the difference in colors/material and am told it’s proprietary. The answer I’m getting is that there are many different factories and may make different products. To your point the quality control is a real issue.
    I just want to keep my matte white faucet but I can’t with the bonnet cap and air switch the way it is. I have a very helpful advisor at Brizo who is trying to help.

• jillw65
    7 months ago

@aglitter And no I don’t have an apron sink.

• Aglitter
    7 months ago

California Faucets makes air switches, so I would see if they can match you one in matte white. Maybe they could also re-paint the faucet piece, but that's a stretch. There are hundreds of colors of whites and many sheens that clash!

• jillw65
    7 months ago

I actually thought about getting the California Faucets air switch which is a different look but nice and definitely the right matte white. It’s more about the bonnet cap which is part of the actual faucet and which I think needs to be Brizo, especially when it comes to the warranty.
    Thanks again for your input @aglitter.

• Aglitter
    7 months ago

If you think the California Faucet's matte white finish would be an improvement over the current bonnet cap and possibly blend, then I wouldn't hesitate to contact them and ask what it would cost to have them repaint one of the replacement bonnet cap pieces you received with their matte white. I'm not sure how they operate: if they do one-offs with their coatings or if you would need to wait for a production run of other matte white pieces. For example, with my kitchen renovation, I ordered some Belfer recessed light fixtures, and the manufacturing system involved powder coating per piece. Normally the turnaround time would have been a few weeks for that, as they sent pieces to the powder coating contractor only as they were ordered by customers, but the powder coating schedule had been slowed down by pandemic restrictions, so it took about 4 months for me to get them. That's why I mentioned sending one of the replacement bonnet caps you have so you can still use the faucet in case it takes a while for the coating.

Brizo doesn't actually use powder coating to apply its finishes. Its process is more robust, but I wouldn't be surprised if California Finishes has a process that is less technical being a smaller company and with some of the finish flaking problems I have read about with them. The bonnet cap is likely to be more protected than other parts of the faucet, however, so as long as the plumber can get it replaced without damaging anything else, it might be worth a try to see what California Faucets could do for you.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you've only had this faucet for a few months, and I've read so many reviews about Delta's and Brizo's touch technology faucets failing after a relatively short time that I might be hesitant to drop money into a custom paint of the bonnet cap.

A popular product on some of the older Houzz posts, especially way back when people were posting under the website GardenWeb before it merged, was a third-party foot lever that turned a faucet on and off. People back then loved this! While I think products like that still exist, they have been largely made obsolete by built-in touch technologies. Just be aware that the faucet may not last as long as it would otherwise without the smart touch feature. Yes, Delta/Brizo will probably send a replacement part to fix it if it malfunctions, just as has already been mentioned in this thread, but at some point you may want to evaluate whether you would like to continue paying a plumber to repair a faucet on which you may or may not have been able to resolve the color discrepancy.

My Brizo faucets have regular handles without touch features, a decision I made after reading touch technology reviews, and I have become adept at operating them with a thumb or pinky finger in order to minimize contact with wet hands. I also use a sponge to wipe down any water that gets around and on the faucets after each kitchen session. There may be no going backward for someone who has used and likes touch technology, but if you do need to make another kitchen faucet decision in the future, you may want to do more searching at that time to see whether the longevity of touch technology products has improved.

Looking again at Jason Wu for Brizo products online, it seems to me that you can almost see that darker finish on the bonnet cap in the promo photos. I don't know if that's just shadow or if it is a paint defect in the prototypes. Whatever the case, it's a terminal aesthetic flaw in the faucet. I'm sure plenty of people have called in about this problem before. It is frustrating that Brizo hasn't taken steps to fix it since it's just that one piece on the faucet, apparently. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. If you do find a solution, you might want to start a new post for "Jason Wu faucet color defect" here at Houzz with some photos to make it easier for other people with the same problem to find out what to do.

• Ann L
    3 months ago

Could anyone help me answer this? My contractor just installed Brizo smart Litze faucet. After a few days of using, water dripping on touch-less function. But it will stop dripping when I physically close the handle. Possible faulty?

• Aglitter
    3 months ago

Yes, it is faulty. First contact the place where you bought the faucet and see if they will replace it for you. If you do not get satisfaction there, call the Delta/Brizo customer service line and ask for a resolution. You may receive either a new faucet or a replacement part. The cost of labor to repair will probably be on you. I am very sorry you are dealing with this. I chose to avoid the touch faucets due to issues like this that tend to emerge early in usage.

• jillw65
    3 months ago

I haven't had that with my touch faucet, the Brizo Odin. However, have had other issues. The whites on the matte white faucet Ihandle and air button I own don't match (totally different materials from the matte white faucet) and now after many attempts from Ferguson/Brizo /Delta to send me new ones which are all dingy white/yellowish and not matte white, Delta sent me a new Odin faucet in a different finish. This new one is not the finish I wanted and I will have to replace at my expense. The faucet works great but the QC on the finishes (matte white for sure) is poor. Unfortunate for a high end faucet like Brizo and Jason Wu has his name on it. No choice but to change or live with it.

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert