Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brizo Smart-touch Faucet,.... reviews??

Posted by klcox (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 10, 10 at 23:18

Replacing my kitchen sink and faucet. Has anyone dealt with this faucet? the style is called Talo and it turns on/off just from touching it anywhere along the neck. Could only fing one opinion elsewhere on the web and it was negative.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brizo Smart-touch Faucet,.... reviews??

We looked at the Brizio in the showroom and we ended up going w/ the Delta Pilar touch n go instead. Same technology, so it could provide you w/ another option if you can't find more positive reviews of the Brizio. We haven't had ours installed yet, but I am sure I read a thread about it here somewhere.

o

I'm shopping for a new kitchen faucet & wondering the same thing as the OP. Looking at the Brizo Venuto & (thanks to beaglesdoitbetter above) open to the Delta Pilar as well. My question is... How sensitive is the touch feature?

A few reviews I read about the Delta was that the touch feature was overly sensitive & those people ended up turning off that feature because it was annoying. I love the concept behind it, but I can see how that can get annoying since I have a similar situation with my no-touch trash lid. It pops open everytime I walk by it!

o

Don't have the Brizo - we went with the Delta, also. I love it and can't imagine going back to a regular faucet.

I don't find it overly sensitive but of course you can turn it on and off just by wiping around the base of the faucet or the handle. I just turn the water to off if I am doing a thorough clean. It can tell the difference between a touch and a grab.

My teenage son turns it on and off with his forehead :>

Here's a pic..sorry about the mess:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

Our touch-sensitive Brizo is the Pascal model. This faucet also has an IR sensor mode. Both touch and IR have their uses. However, it is best to shut the faucet off with the handle when one is done. I found that leaving it "armed" meant that wiping up around the backsplash meant a wet sleeve when the IR detected my arm passing underneath.

The unit has worked reliably over the several months it has been functional, but I've recently noticed that the button on the spray head that controls aerated flow vs. spray flow is getting picky about functioning correctly. I will have to replace this part once higher priorities are addressed. On the other primary Brizo faucet, which is not touch sensitive, the spray head flow mode is controlled with a rocker switch. So far this has not developed any problem.

One other thing: The soap dispensers are not well suited for operation with Never-MT devices. I think it could be made functional with some larger size hose mounted coaxial to the inner soap hose so that dribbles that would normally return to the plastic bottle are able to drain to the soap supply bottle and not one's cabinet base.

kas

o

I'm also looking at the Brizo Talo faucet for both my main sink and my prep sink - probably the touch version just on my main sink.

klcox - did you get this faucet? Does anyone else have this faucet?

o

Nollie-
I ordered the Brizo Talo in ORB for both prep and main sink. Did you get yours yet? Would love to hear opinions/reviews thus far....

I loved the look and feel of it in the showroom, but kinda took a gamble ordering it because I was not at all familiar with the brand.

TinyCastles

o

> kinda took a gamble ordering it because I was not at all familiar with the brand

Don't have one (I wish they'd do a touch version of the Floriano), but Brizo is the more upscale line from Delta. No worries there.

o

We had three Venuto Brizo with their Smarttouch Technology install in our kitchen, one was a Bar/Prep. Out of the three two were replaced by Brizo because the Smartouch touch feature worked poorly, one faucet would turn water flow off by itself for no reason. We are still having various problems including the water flow turning off for no reason with some of the faucet after they were replaced. I even disconnected the Smart-touch feature because it was so annoying. The Company representative is making a return visit today to see the problem again. They first said it may be the installation, so we had the 2nd pair of faucets installed by their installers but the problems were not corrected.
I would not purchase the Smarttouch feature.

o

What about purchasing whatever regular faucet you wanted and installing one of the three different kinds of TapMaster systems that are out there?

o

Please please let me know what happened with brizo talo with smart touch and f/u from brizo. Just ordered one but have time to pull it back first thing in the morning and just get the regular one. Way to expensive a faucet to have all the failures listed above. thank you sooo much!

o
Brizo smart touch Talo - who pays for the plumber??

PS....if you have to have a part replaced does brizo pay for the plumber??

o

We have had the Brizo Pascal for 5 years-- Between the faucet cost and in the installation, it was over $1000.
I thought I would love it, but it has been a royal pain. We have replaced the spray head three times, the some other internal piece once and this morning it refused to dispense water AT ALL. We turned off the auto feature years ago as it would randomly start when a shadow fell across the sink from the window!
Feeling frustrated and not looking forward to paying for a new faucet!

o

Yes, you must pay all the plumber's cost for any replacement parts. You should also be aware that all of the electronic parts are under warranty for only 2 years. In our case, the first "out of warranty" solenoid replacement was provided free as we had already had so many issues with the faucet. Now the replacement is dead-- which means there is no way to get any water by any means from the faucet. Brizo/Delta has generously offered me a 25% discount on the replacement part- which gets it down to $125, I would then have to pay plumber to install (about $150 based on previous experience). Another thing you should be aware of is the wait time for replacement parts- the last solenoid took 6 weeks to arrive, the valve diverters only take 2-3 weeks. So, be prepared to have no water in your sink while you wait (alternatively, your plumber can remove the electronics so the faucet operates manually then reinstall when working parts arrive).

I originally paid $800 for this faucet and $275 to have it installed. In the last five years I have paid an additional $400 in plumber bills for replacing broken parts.

o

With the help of Delta's tech line, I removed the solenoid and reattached water line to make the faucet operate manually. Still hate the amount of money I wasted on this faucet and frankly, I should have paid more attention to the warranty. Electronic parts are only covered for 2 years and it is parts only, you will be paying a minimum of $100 for the plumber's call to install parts.

o

Sounds like more trouble than they are worth. More to break and pay for.

o

deedles, I think you may be right. If there is one thing I have noticed since remodeling my kitchen 6 years ago, it is that the fancy new appliances and doo-dads don't hold up well. Maybe they are all just too complex with too many electronic parts...

o

Maybe ours is about to go haywire just as the warranty expires (it'll be two years in a few weeks), but my experience so far with a Delta touch faucet has been nothing but positive. We have the same model threebees shows above, the Pilar.

Does the Brizo line have extra electronics/features? If so, maybe you could save yourself headaches and money by going with the regular Delta line.

o

I've had the Brizo Pascal model for about 4 years. Faucet looks great, but functions poorly. Problems began after about 1 1/2 years with water diverter. Spray / stream function broke and manufacture replaced it free of charge. That lasted about 6 mo's before breaking. I have since replaced it 3 more times at a cost of 75.00 each. What a joke! Now the water stream from the faucet is a trickle, I guess something else broke. I have never written a negative review of a product, but I would definitely steer clear of this faucet. It is unreliable and expensive to maintain. I will be replacing it with another brand faucet.

o

I was wondering if anybody knew of any place where I can find Jason Wu faucets? They are amazing, but with limited distribution they are hard to find, especially at discounted prices.

o

Nevermind. I looked around long enough and found Jason Wu Brizo bathroom faucets msyelf

o

I have been considering these faucets but sounds like there are too many negatives. Will get another Tapmaster. The one in my former kitchen worked for 10 years without a problem, and is still going strong. (It was always fun trying to get guests to figure out how we could turn on water and they couldn't.)

o

I had mine installed a few weeks ago. The electric part is not plugged in yet, so just using faucet for water.

This faucet was first one pointed out to me at local store, and then again, at Ferguson's. At Ferguson;s, the salesman felt that, with the Brizio, one had to move their hand under faucet to turn water on/off, whereas other makes could turn on too easily.

o

There's just something a little "eewwww" about mixing plumbing and electronics. Is moving the faucet lever really that hard?

If you would really like to make me angry, own a business with public accommodations that has electronic faucets. That don't work. Errrr….

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here