Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Under Cabinet Range Hoods

Posted by dgormish (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 17, 13 at 23:11

One decision down - sink will be a Kohler undermount Bakersfield in white. Thanks for all the thoughts on the various sinks. Nice to have something decided!

Next - range hood. Due to the fact that there is a window next to my slide in stove and other budgetary limitations I will be going with an under cabinet range hood. I will be replacing my over the 30" range hood that is 180 CFM. I would like to increase that to 300 CFM. My other criteria would be something easy to clean. Less noise would be great too. So, does anyone have an under cabinet, middle of the road range hood that they love? I have been liking the Broan Evolution QP2 but I am concerned about the heat sentry going on and on by itself. Any thoughts appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Under Cabinet Range Hoods

We have a Broan Allure QS2 Series and are quite satisfied with it. It is 300 cpm, performs as advertised and is reasonably quiet. By reasonable, I mean on "high" we hear it, on "low" we pretty much don't and "medium" is somewhere in the middle!

Our situation seems similar to yours, over a slide-in range and next to a window.

Here is a link that might be useful: Broan QS2 Allure

o

Thanks for the reply and the photo! It's nice to see someone else with the same set-up.

o

Can I please hi-jack this thread? I am finally doing a mini-makeover in my kitchen and getting rid of one of the models that has a top oven unit and a bottom oven (1980s). Love it but its time to go. My dilemma is with the placement of the range hood. My upper cabinets are also original to the house and are shorter to accommodate the height of the old "all in one" range. I think the height will be ok; I measured about 30 inches from what will be the bottom of the range hood to the top of the range.
Is that right? If it is too high, what other options might I have? (No new cabinets in the budget).
If I work with the current situation, there will be a good bit of wall space to contend with. I have a granite backsplash and my walls are painted. Would it be ok to tile just behind the stove area?

I'm really frustrated. The simplest upgrades quickly cause more issues.
Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

o

I am currently replacing my under cabinet range hood after a counter top and backsplash reno. It seems that 24 to 30 inches are the average heights from stove top to bottom of range hood. But a little less is acceptable too. Most range hoods I have looked at range from 4 to 7 inches tall.

Zephyr has fairly good reviews. Also Pacific Air. Zenmar in Canada also. Not sure if it is available in the U.S. We ordered the Zephyr Pyramid and are awaiting its arrival. http://zephyronline.com/products/essentials_europa/pyramid_under_cabinet

o

@mzdee - Not trying to be rude but it might be better for you to start your own thread for your particular questions.;-)

This post was edited by gpraceman on Wed, Nov 27, 13 at 11:40

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here