Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
traditional brick as a backsplash

Posted by Mardo (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 12 at 23:03

Has anyone used the traditional brick style for their kitchen backsplash? Please show me your pics! I'm going to have leathered titanium black granite and walnut cabinets in a natural/medium stain. Any suggestions for what brick color might add ultimum impact ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: traditional brick as a backsplash

As long as you don't put it behind the range, it would be fine. Use stainless or something easy to clean there. Grease is impossible to get out of the crevices of the rough texture of brick.

o

Look at Ann Sacks Foundation brick, which is a glazed tile in brick dimensions.

o

Here is a picture I thought of when I read this post. It is one I saved last year when considering backsplashes.
Photobucket

I don't have any details about it though.

o

We had brick at our old house with mortar. Like the outside of a house. It was HORRIBLE! Grease and dust gets in there and it's impossible to clean, and you scrape your knuckles trying. It was also really hard to demolish!

o

enduring, whoa. Scary kitchen. With that hood thingie and massive stove, I can imagine a spit for roasting unfaithful spouses.

o

There is thin brick and normal brick available glazed. The link below is for glazed thin brick from a tile maker.

Also Trikeenan has glazed brick.

Elgin Butler Brick.

Here is a link that might be useful: Glazed Brick from Fireclay Tile

o

Linelle LOL, I guess you're right it is spooky!

o

I was thinking of something more like this. It's from pinterest at the link below.

I do love the Fireclay brick too - totally different look, but could go well with exposed brick,

Here is a link that might be useful: Pinterest Post

o

Brick can be sealed like any marble, granite or stone.
I think sealing it two times a year would be great against
grease. I love the earthy classic feel of a brick
blacksplash with the black countertop you are planning.
If you check out the link attached you can see what
I mean.
Hope they help.

~boxer

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0700571915923.html

Here is a link that might be useful: brick backsplashes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here