Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

Fishies Yellow Kitchen- PHOTOGRAPHER pics

2LittleFishies
10 years ago

Hey Everyone! We were having some family photos taken so I got some of the kitchen. Our GC also sent his photographer over to take some photos. No special lighting was done or magazine staging but just thought I'd share : ) Have the happiest of Thanksgivings!

Fishies

ME!!!

Here is my Reveal although I'm sure everyone has seen it

Here is a link that might be useful: FISHIES REVEAL THREAD

This post was edited by 2LittleFishies on Wed, Nov 27, 13 at 7:52

Comments (54)

• lavender_lass
    10 years ago

Fishies! You and your kitchen look wonderful...congrats on such a lovely room :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

• badgergal
    10 years ago

Beautiful. You have lots to be thankful for as do so most of us on this forum.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Everything, especially the owner, looks so beautiful. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

• ZacsDaddy
    10 years ago

Beautiful ... nice combo between period and modern.

• juddgirl2
    10 years ago

Your kitchen is so beautiful and cheerful!

• romy718
    10 years ago

Beautiful kitchen & owner! We all share the joys and the angst of creating our kitchens. Such a nice treat to put a face with a GW name. Thanks for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving wishes to all!

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

Great photos and even better kitchen! I'm sure the holidays will be extra special this year. I have to say I had my KD model your built in paper towel holder. I have my fingers crossed that it looks as good as yours. Thank you for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

• smiling
    10 years ago

Yours remains one of the warmest, homiest, most inviting, and most beautiful kitchens I've ever seen anywhere! I never tire of looking at it, all the details are so lovely. What a great treat to see YOU in there with all your beauty, too!

• rosie
    10 years ago

It is a wonderful, warm and charming kitchen. Nice to see you, too. Any stronger similarity and I'd be asking my sister if my niece now has a yellow kitchen. :)

• remodelfla
    10 years ago

Your kitchen turned out just beautifully. So serene and pretty. Great job!

• kksmama
    10 years ago

So sunny and inviting! I'm sure your family will treasure those photos.

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Wow, Fishies! It looks even better now. I want to eat your kitchen with a spoon.

Thanks for the reveal of YOU. I have mental images of everyone but I'm usually wrong. I wish everyone were willing to share a photo of themselves.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• sixtyohno
    10 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen. I love the yellow and white and how it is all integrated. You look so happy and pleased.
    Happy Thanksgiving and first night of Chanukah to all.

• deedles
    10 years ago

Hey fishies! You don't look like a fishie at all, but 5 bucks says you could rock a mermaid costume :)

Kitchen is still beautiful and can we get a close-up of the prints by your nice settee area, please. I see birds from far away...

Happy Tookey Day to you, too! (DD used to say tookey instead of turkey and it stuck)

This post was edited by deedles on Wed, Nov 27, 13 at 11:17

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sure! And thanks : )

• dretutz
    10 years ago

This is my favorite ever kitchen. Have wonderful holidays.
    Your style is amazing

• KBSpider
    10 years ago

I never get tired of seeing your kitchen! And the banquette area turned out great (don't think I saw the finished product with the birdie pics), and I'm not just saying that because you picked the fabric I voted on! :)

• huango
    10 years ago

love love love!!

• kksmama
    10 years ago

Is it just me, or is everyone else humming when they see those adorable birds?

Rise up this mornin',
    Smiled with the risin' sun,
    Three little birds
    Pitch by my doorstep
    Singin' sweet songs
    Of melodies pure and true,
    Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")
    Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
    'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
    Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
    'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Here is a link that might be useful: Bob Marley

• dee850
    10 years ago

Such a beautiful kitchen! The pictures above the banquette are perfect.

• sparklebread
    10 years ago

You are the best element in the kitchen :-)!

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

I so love your banquette area!!!!

• eandhl
    10 years ago

Your kitchen is simply beautiful! I love the inset, yellow & white cabs. The counters, every detail. You look pretty spectacular too.

• deedles
    10 years ago

Those birds are really adorable. Love birds.

You've made a wonderful, comfortable place for your family to sit together and break bread.

• User
    10 years ago

A beautiful kitchen but you add the perfect touch. c

• teeda
    10 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! It looks like a place where many happy memories will be made~

• Mrs_Nyefnyef
    10 years ago

It's too perfect, too beautiful. Can you post a pic tomorrow--Thanksgiving Day--after dinner, with all the messes, pots & pans, eaten casseroles, utensils, spills, leftovers, etc.?

• andreak100
    10 years ago

Fishies! How wonderful to get a look at you. YOU look lovely. :)

And your kitchen...every time I see it, I can't help but smile. Quite different from anything I'd ever wind up with in my house, but if you were my neighbor, I'd be visiting you almost every day! I can't imagine how you could be unhappy in that kitchen.

• likewhatyoudo
    10 years ago

Love it! I just want to line the bird pictures up left to right one - two - three. : )
    Nice to put a face to the name. You look perfect in your sunny kitchen.

• motherof3sons
    10 years ago

Oh Fishies I just smile when I am in your kitchen (and I feel like I am there)! Let us know when the coffee or tea is ready and we will all be over. Still one of my all time favorite kitchens.

• nini804
    10 years ago

Oh, how lovely! What a happy space, and your built-in seating area is honestly the prettiest I've ever seen. You look so happy, too!

• EATREALFOOD
    10 years ago

The breakfast area is lovely
    a beautiful Yellow kitchen, you can't go wrong with soft yellow ! Love the birds and the blue paint also.

• Sms
    10 years ago

2littlefishies sorry if you've answered this question before but I was wondering if you recall the exact formulation of Vermeister matte water-based poly you used. Really love your floors (along with everything else)!

• Jeannine Fay
    10 years ago

Great. Just great. I just hope my banquette turns out 1/2 as good. It's daunting getting that right for me because not many people seem to know what I want or how to achieve it.

Is your's comfortable?

Thanks for the post. Always a pleasure to see it.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    10 years ago

zeitgast- hmmm not sure what you mean? We stained them Provincial and the floor company used that product. We also used the Vermeister 3 years ago on the floors when we moved in. WE LOVE IT! Very matte and hardly any scratches!!! Actually we only have 2 scratches & both from moving heavy items during renovation. (refrigerator and base cabs )

beanpiele- I know how you feel. The banquette was always kind of a "question mark" and it took a while to come together : ) Now we are waiting for the new table to be delivered in the next month. This one doesn't work well b/c of the legs (not a pedestal) and the new one will also be shaped a bit better.

• Sms
    10 years ago

Thanks fishes Vermeister makes a one (Velvet) and a two coat (IRDO 2k) version of their water-based polyurethane. I am leaning towards the two coat b/c of durability. ThAnks for the response. Matte is exactly what I was thinking thx

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OK, now that you say that I definitely know we have the two coat one!

• tea4all
    10 years ago

Somehow I missed this thread when it was posted.

I really do love your kitchen. It has been a favorite of mine since before your full reveal. I followed your progress along the way. You did a beautiful job!! You and your kitchen are inspirational! Thanks so very much for sharing.

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

Looking good! You and your kitchen!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

2LittleFishies - I always drool when I see you kitchen and now I have a face to go with the kitchen.
    Thank you for sharing.
    I was traveling again when this posted, so glad I captured it on the rebound.
    A2Gemini

• michoumonster
    10 years ago

what a lovely space and owner! i never get tired of seeing your kitchen, i always seems to spot a few new things when i re-look. I love the bird pics above your banquette!! so charming!!

• muffn
    10 years ago

wow! amazing! What are the dimensions of your kitchen?

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone!

melissa1117- Kitchen and Dining area together is 28 1/2 by 16 1/2. The kitchen itself is 16 1/2 x 16 .

I couldn't resist this purchase this week!

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    10 years ago

a2gemini- Just saw your post! Thanks! : )

• carree
    10 years ago

I drool over this kitchen and that glass bowl for the kitchen aid. Really, it is almost too much for the rest of us! Gorgeous kitchen, great banquet, beautiful owner....and now the glass bowl for the mix master . Smile. Seriously, we wish you the very best and happy memory building in that enviable space.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful! I love the new yellow appliance! I love the counters. I must go and look at the reveal for my third time to see what the beautiful island's countertop is! Love it along with the counters around the perimeter that are different and gorgeous.

• lisa_a
    10 years ago

If I send you my address, will you ship me your kitchen? ;-) I *love* it, everything about it is perfect. I remember when you were trying to find the right yellow for your cabinets. The one you settled on is so yummy. You've got great style! (I'll bet the family photos turned out wonderfully, too.)

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Fishies: Majestic yellow, right? I just got the same color in an Artisan and it makes me think of your kitchen.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    10 years ago

linelle- YEP! Love it : )

Thanks all for your very kind comments!!!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Fishies, I love your kitchen. It is the perfect charming mix of warmth and beauty. So nice to see a pic of the beautiful owner too!