Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

Is a 12 inch pull for DW too much?

2LittleFishies
11 years ago

I bought a Schaub 12" pull for the DW in hopes I'd be able to hang a dish towel on it as it is next to sink. It would be really great but am wondering if 12" is just to big for a DW pull. I help it up and it's large but possibly doable. The cabinet panel isn't on the DW yet so it's hard to tell.

I THINK katieob has the 6" on hers and the 12" ones on and below the fridge...
THESE ARE FROM KATIEOB'S KITCHEN:

Comments (11)

• palimpsest
    11 years ago

No, it seems like it would be practical. The only potential downside, is that it will pretty much identify your paneled, concealed DW as the DW. I did the same thing, so I don't consider it a downside, but it does lessen the camouflage.

• Iowacommute
    11 years ago

I think the 12" would be okay. Even if you put it on and it looks big after you put a cute hand towel there I dont think you'll notice. Plus something like where to hang my dish towel I would choose function over form (coming from someone who drips water half way across the kitchen now together to the towel).

Katieob that is a beautiful house by the way.

• Iowacommute
    11 years ago

I think the 12" would be okay. Even if you put it on and it looks big after you put a cute hand towel there I dont think you'll notice. Plus something like where to hang my dish towel I would choose function over form (coming from someone who drips water half way across the kitchen now together to the towel).

Katieob that is a beautiful house by the way.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks! Pal- do you have a pic of yours?

• badgergal
    11 years ago

The pull on my dishwasher is 13 inches and I don't think it's too big. But then I have pulls ranging from 10 inches to 19 inches on my cabinets. Here is a shot of my dishwasher. The pull on the adjacent cabinet is a 10 inch one.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

We put 12" handles on three "cabinets" so to speak: the DW, the trash can cab, and the wide but shallow (height) cabinet over the fridge.

fridge cab door:

DW to left of sink, trash cab on the right:

This shot shows the whole kitchen--you can see the three sizes we used (5" on the drawer to the left of the range, the three 12" handles, and the 8" handles used on the remaining doors and drawers):

HTH!

• gardenamy
    11 years ago

Fishies - Just wanted to say that I have the same Schaub pulls in my kitchen (6" and 4") and I love them! The 12" should work great for hanging a towel on.

• mjsee
    11 years ago

Fishes and Catmom...adore those kitchens.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

:) Thanks!

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all! I"m going to try it! I think my concern is that the Schaub pull is a but bulkier than some of the 12 and 13" ones shown above.

I'd love to put one under my prep sink too but that's a small drawer front and may be just too much. Then I was thinking maybe on the side of that cab but that faces the DR/LR so I don't think so.

It's the "drawer" all the way to the left...

• laurajane02
    11 years ago

I was hoping you would get positive responses on this question. My kitchen will be installed in a few weeks and I've also debated whether or not to get an appliance pull for my integrated dw. Most of my pulls will be RH Aubrey, but I think I'm going to get the pull pictured below for my DW. It's 15" , but I wanted the projection and I would actually prefer that my DW be somewhat distinguishable from by other cabinets.

Your kitchen is beautiful so far! Congrats!