Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debs3_gw

Cabinet Painter SF Bay Area Recommendation Please

debs3
16 years ago

Can anyone recommend a kitchen cabinet painter in the San Francisco Bay Area?

We need to have our new cabinets painted/sprayed off white. We are looking for someone who pays attention to the details and prep work, and whose finished product has a nice smooth durable feel.

Thank you for your help. Deb

Comments (12)

• venkatbo
    16 years ago

Hi Deb,

Sorry don't know of any particular painter, but may want to checkout a few cabinet makers in the area and if you like their finished product, you can ask if they can do it OR may be even talk to their staff if they help with finding one (within their co. or without).

Best,
    /venkat

• ging9
    16 years ago

I live in the south bay and I am not sure where you are, but I think I can recommend someone. My husband is an electrical contractor and his father is a general contractor. they both swear by this guys work and say he should be an artist. He is painting our cabinets and inside of our home starting tomorrow. If you don't think it is too far away, let me know and in the mean time I will have some first hand experience with him tomorrow am.

• debs3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you venkatbo. I have a two of recommendations from our cabinet maker. Saw one man's job, it looked okay, but I wasn't thrilled. To be fair, it wasn't completely done, but since mine will not be glazed, he wanted me to see cabinets before glazing. Also, the doors and drawer fronts where not there. The paint does not have the nice smooth feel I am desiring, perhaps because he sprays with acrylic paint. Deb

• debs3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi ging9, I live in San Carlos; not too far for me. I am excitedly looking forward to hearing from you about your painter.
    Thank you very much, Deb

• Julie Drew
    16 years ago

I'd love to know too ging9!
    thanks.

• ging9
    16 years ago

he will be here shortly and we are going over colors and then they will take the doors etc to their shop to be sprayed. i don't want a glaze. although my husband says he does a phenomenal job of that. So I think he will laquer them. Tomorrow he will start on the actual painting here on site. I will keep you posted as things progress.
    Ginger

• ging9
    16 years ago

Sorry it took so long to get back here. I have two young children and wound up staying at the inlaws for a couple of days because the laquer smell was pretty strong. I have to say though they came out fabulous. They took the drawers and doors out wednesday and painted them at their shop. Then Thurs and Friday did the on-site stuff. Everytime I came in to check, they were sanding in between coats. They came out so smooth and beautiful. I wanted a warm white and he recommended a color and bou is it nice and creamy. They will be back to start on our walls and crown molding Monday. I will ask just to make sure he doesn't mind my posting his info online and I will try to get some pics. I haven't posted pics before-so I will try. Look for me on Monday.

• debs3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello ging9, Is your painter okay with telling us who he is? I am quite anxious to know. Thank you. Deb

• ging9
    16 years ago

debs3 and thedinos,
    Sorry i didn't get back when I had planned. With the remodel, holidays and a computer problem I had a difficult time getting back to the thread. I love love love my cabinets. We finished the remodel Christmas Eve and thank goodness since I was having dinner at my house. Here is the information: Larry Ingram with Ipaint and his number is (408) 768-7778. He is out of Hollister. I cant say enough about his work and professionalism. I confirmed with him that it would be ok to post the info and he said he would appreciate it. I hope this helps you if you haven't already found someone. If you have any more questions please let me know. I will respond more quickly now that I am up and running again.
    Ginger

• ging9
    16 years ago

bump

• cbreeze
    16 years ago

ging, can you post pictures of your cabinets? I wrote down your painter's name for future reference.

• ging9
    16 years ago

I haven't done it before. I will try to take some good photos today and try to post tomorrow afternoon while the kids sleep. Then maybe I can concentrate enough to figure out how to do it.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH