Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dishwasher with custom panels

Posted by Janet1120 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 15, 12 at 22:29

I spoke with a kitchen designer as I am getting an estimate on kitchen cabinets. That in itself is enough to make me crazy. So many different manufacturers and choices. I am trying to decide on a dishwasher and all the reviews of every different dw is incredibly mixed. CRs ratings don't match at all with the reviews. Even the highest rated Bosch has negative reviews about the "smell" problem. That scars me. I want the custom panel option. The kitchen designer said to steer clear of the panels because of the moisture and wear and tear on the wood. He said within a few years there is warping and other problems. Has anyone found this to be true? I really want the custom panel. I would love your feedback.
thanx, janet1120

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dishwasher with custom panels

I just posted on a another thread about my paneled Bosch. It is 1 year old and it has not warped at all. also I have no problem with the dishwasher smelling. I love how the panel looks.
My daughters panel dishwasher is more than 10 years old on there is no warping. Hers is a Kitchen Aide
Here's a shot of my dishwasher.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

The KD is either uninformed or a fool.

I have a Miele with a custom panel and have not had any issues at all.

I love the look of the panel - it's one of my favorite features of the kitchen.

Get the panel option.

Doc

o

Another panel DW here. I have the Bosch with the third rack for flatware. LOVE IT!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here