Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cactuscatie

Blanco Silgranit Sink - Cleaning Question

cactuscatie
13 years ago

I had the Anthracite Silgranit Sink installed 2 years ago and I absolutely love it. However, just recently I noticed for the first time white streaks on it. I use a non-abrasive cleaner with a non-abrasive scrubbie to clean the sink and I can't get the white marks out. Can someone tell me if they have the same problem and how they got rid of the white marks. Thanks everyone.

Comments (11)

• cactuscatie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks gursk, I haven't heard that. I will try it. I did hear bleach, but I'm so scared to use it on the black sink.

I wish I knew what was causing the white spots all of a sudden.

• dakota01
    13 years ago

I would contact Blanco directly. I sent them an email regarding the install of a disposal and I found them to be very helpful and friendly

• chris45ny
    13 years ago

Mine is a year old. Usually at the end of the night I wipe the sink dry but if I forget, the following morning I've noticed a white haze which disappears with a wipe. We have well water. Try Bar Keepers Friend or a wipe using baby oil.

• cactuscatie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I called Blanco and they told me to use BarKeepers Friend, which I already do, and the rough side of a scrubbie. I tried that and still have white spot, even when I dry the sink. Thanks chris45ny, I will try the baby oil next.

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

Hi cactus...

I sometimes get a white haze on the bottom of my black Blanco because I let soapy water sit in the sink overnight...opps..

I called Blanco and the lady said to use CLR and a scrubbie. It worked like a charm. I don't know what your white spots are but your can try CLR ...it won't hurt your sink.

KA:)

• cactuscatie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

kitchenaddict, I feel so stupid - what is CLR? I already tried BarKeepers Friend and that didn't work. I want to try baby oil as well just haven't been to the store yet.

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

hi cactus..

CLR stands for Calcium Lime and Rust. You should be able to find it at your grocery store, most likely by the bathroom cleaners.

As far as the oil product...that is only a kind of cover-up for the white haze that I had at the bottom of my sink. First I had to use the CLR to remove the white, then the mineral oil just as an extra step to pretty up the sink.

Let me know if CLR works for you...I'll be checking back!

KA:)

• cactuscatie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hi KA, ok yes I know I've seen CLR in the grocery store. I will pick some up and let you know how it worked. Probably won't get to the store until Monday, so I'll have to close my eyes and live with the streaks for a couple more days. Thanks for your help.

• Sharon kilber
    13 years ago

You can get CLR at Walmart, their are two different bottles one is stronger, comes is a grey bottle, the other one comes in a yellow bottle, that is made for bath & kitchen multi-surface cleaner. That is the one I, use. I, have hard water, and it works well on the white spot's.

• cactuscatie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks kitchenaddict and shar-az. I found CLR in my supermarket and it worked like a charm. Thanks so much for the help.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths