Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nosoccermom

NXR ranges at Costco -- sale

nosoccermom
9 years ago

If you're in the market for an NXR professional gas range, Costco currently offers online discounts from 400.00-600.00. Hoods are also on sale.

Here is a link that might be useful: NXR ranges at Costco

Comments (3)

• WisteriaPath
    9 years ago

Yep, i wanted one for over a year and bought mine Oct. 26 when it first went on sale and it delivered today; faster than i expected. Everything seemed good but I got a Big disappointment when i opened the box. It seems the type of steel used on the cooktop is not very stain resistant, as this is what i saw when i first opened the box. Never even got to use it.
    Thankfully, i bought from Costco, so it was easy to get a refund though i can't seem to get my review to post on their site. Starting to consider DCS ranges, but nothing can beat the NXR in price. Sadness! Still wondering if i should ask for an exchange, but if the new one is made of the same stuff, it seems pointless.

I wonder if some of these stoves have better materials than others since lots of people don't seem to have any issues. Buy it if you want, just know the risk. Be sure you check it out BEFORE they unload the 400lb thing from the delivery truck. Good luck everyone.

I posted a reply here too.
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg0111540830839.html?120

Here is a link that might be useful: My review

This post was edited by WisteriaPath on Mon, Nov 3, 14 at 22:26

• nosoccermom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Interesting. Now, not to freak you out, but I had similar stains on my brand new fridge--- they looked like little rust stripes (obviously can't be if it's SS). Anyways, they sent out a guy who polished them off, said it was some residue from steel wool that sometimes gets on the surface in the factory. Sorry, I can't remember the exact explanation. I was pretty skeptical at first, but have to say that it hasn't appeared in the 1 1/2 years since.
    So, if you love the range, maybe try to find out more about what these specks are. Does Costco include installation? In other words, how big a pain/cost is it if you have the range installed and the defect pops up again?

This post was edited by nosoccermom on Tue, Nov 4, 14 at 10:23

• Oldbluemountainbeach.com
    9 years ago

The brushed finish stainless steel is pretty easy to maintain. I would have tried a stainless polish like Nufinish, which is similar to a very, very fine rubbing compound.

I have had similar spots show up on stainless appliances and have had no problem removing them. Just rub out the stain in the same direction as the existing brushed finish.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!