Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We got ovens and a fridge today!

Posted by 2LittleFishies (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 21, 12 at 22:07

... and in a few hours I made two corn breads and mashed sweet potatoes to bring to my sister's tomorrow : ) LOVE the smell of food cooking after 5 months!! : )

IMG_1562

IMG_1563

IMG_1566

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GW!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We got ovens and a fridge today!

Congrats! Love those double ovens. Happy Thanksgiving.

o

How exciting for you! Great looking cabinets.

o

Oooooh pretty. What's the make and model of your ovens? Counters shmounters who needs them when you can balance your baked goodies like that!

o

I am so jealous. My oven is sitting in the garage waiting for its cabinet to be redone. It's been five weeks....and counting.

o

soooooooooooo cool fishies!!!
many happy memories to follow :)

o

Oh that looks awesome! The cabinets, the ovens ... and especially the corn bread.

We had our thanksgiving last month in Canada and I'm on my pre-Christmas diet now which totally sucks. The thought of those mashed sweet potatoes is totally making me drool. Damn diet! Do they have lots of butter? And brown sugar? Yuuummmmmm. I can smell them from here.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, congrats on the ovens, and enjoy your day tomorrow. :-)

o

yum!!! kitchen looks good too!

o

that's cool - we can see your food cooking!

enjoy eating it tomorrow!

o

How exciting!

o

Yahoo!! Beautiful ovens and beautiful cornbread! Perfect timing for Thanksgiving. You're brave setting food on your minimalist counters! lol

o

Where's the picture of the fridge??? Love seeing the progress, your ovens look great, congrats on the progress! Best, oldbat2be

o

The fridge still has plastic on it b/c it isn't set in right yet. Have to pull out again for water line.

Lights are a bit crooked still- not done being adjusted. Seeing how the height works..

DSC00200

DSC00203

DSC00198

DSC00204

DSC00208

Our Double Oven is the Electrolux Icon Double (Professional Look)
MODEL NUMBER: E30EW85GPS

We also got the Electrolux Icon Professional Fridge E23BC68JPS ... We were going to get a built in with panels but decided to save some $.

o

The Mashed Sweet Potatoes are an Emeril recipe we LOVE! Instead of putting them in the orange cups I just just put it in a 9 x 13 pan.
Sometimes I omit the brandy and just drink it while baking! lol

Brandy and Orange-Mashed Sweet Potatoes in Orange Cups
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2001

Prep Time:20 minInactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time:40 min
Level:
Intermediate
Serves:
8 servings

Ingredients
7 large sweet potatoes, about 3 pounds
4 large oranges
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup brandy
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let rest until just cool enough to handle.

Lower the oven to 350 degrees F.

Make the orange cups by cutting the oranges in half and scooping out the pulp, leaving only the shell. Set aside.

While still somewhat hot, peel the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Discard the skins and tough, stringy fibers. Add the butter, and with an electric mixer, beat out the lumps. Add the sugar, eggs, orange juice, heavy cream, and brandy, and mix until smooth. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, and mix well. Re-season, to taste.

Spoon the sweet potato mixture into the orange cups, mounding and smoothing the top. Bake until puffed and slightly golden, about 20 minutes.

o

So exciting and yum!
Those elux ovens are so "sexy" with the blue interiors and 3 gliding racks!

o

They seem great : ) thanks!!

o

2LittleFishies: Your kitchen is already amazing!! can't wait to see it all! What are your kitchen dimensions??

Happiest Thankgsgiving!!

o

Thanks go figure!
The kitchen area is 16' x 16.5'
The kitchen and dining area (one big room) is 28.5 x 16.5

o

Great timing for Thanksgiving dinner! It's really looking good.

o

Thanks 2LitleFishies!! So much fun to see this coming together. LOVE the stool and how the light streams in.

o

Wow, the kitchen looks absolutely beautiful!!! Awesome job...can't wait to see it all finished!

o

TY 2Littlefishies. I look so forward to your reveal !

About your space...

Beyond the fridge and dbl window to the back wall where it looks like there are some more built-ins, is this the add'l 12.5 x 16.5 dining space? I would love to see what you do here and how it connects to your kitchen. I am considering adding sq ftg to the back of my kitchen but don't know what it would like.

Hope you are having a wonderful day after TG !

o

go figure- yes, Beyond the fridge is the additional 12.5 x 16.5 dining space. It one big room separated just by a ceiling beam. In between the 2 built ins will be a bench for the dining table.

DSC00186

The built in on the right is organizational area and the one on the right is a little bar space (no sink) with refrigerator drawers.

OverheadView

The space in Front of the dining room is our LR. We are in a small Cape Cod and didn't have much space and so we added 7' to the back of the house and took down some walls, & moved the basement stairs over.

The wall by the stairs changed a little but here is our plan... The dotted lines are walls that came down.

Untitled

In between our LR and DR will be 12' of glass french doors as we want to be able to close off the 2 spaces now and then.

o

TY so much for posting the layout for me.
I have been going nuts working on our layout.
I can extend beyond our kitchen to at least 20ft and 6ft at the side. But wanting to REALLY think it thru - (and havent gotten there yet!) and be smart w/the layout.

Cant TY enough for responding. :)

o

Brandy and Orange-Mashed Sweet Potatoes in Orange Cups
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2001
... and all the yummy details in all their glory.

Okay, now you're just being mean.

Stupid diet. Stupid, stupid, stupid diet!

:)

o

taggie- LOL. Listen, I have gained 10 pounds since starting this renovation. I should be joining you!!! I really thought I'd lose weight but I guess the eating out since July and lots of fast/frozen food isn't such a great idea for me! : (

o

Your kitchen is looking really great, Fishies!

o

Fishies--
I gained much more than that after the kitchen was completed. I blame my ovens.

o

Thanks, deedles!

kitchendetective- That's what I'm afraid of!!

o

Beautiful kitchen so far! Love the lampshades!

Thanks for the recipe, too. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here