Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Where to buy range burner trays?

Posted by swampwiz (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 12 at 21:49

I'm not sure what these items are called, but they are the trays that are located below the range burner element, to catch the stuff that might fall into the cavity of the range.

Anyway, the ones I have are very corroded, and I'd like to get new ones. I tried all the usual places, but couldn't find the exact fit. The range is a Kenmore gas, with the tray basically a square (9-1/4" wide x 9-1/8" deep with one edge having a 3/4" fillet.) Any ideas for store that might have one?

And if that is not possible, what options do I have of safely painting them?


Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Where to buy range burner trays?

Have you checked Find your model number on the stove and then look for the part number. You can search elsewhere online once you know the right name or part number.

RE: Where to buy range burner trays?

That website only lists electric ranges for Kenmore and mine is a gas. I'm not sure it I have the right model number (it's listed on a sticker on the inside of the oven), but nothing came up when I did a search for it.

I will call during business hours.

RE: Where to buy range burner trays?

All I seem to have other than that number is the service date sheet that lists a P/N (which is different that the number on the sticker, although the first 3 digits are the same.) When I did a search for that P/N, I got the response "this is not returnable". The number seems to be the part number for the service sheet itself.

Where should I look for the model number?

RE: Where to buy range burner trays?

Often inside the door frame but it could be elsewhere. The Kenmore model numbers are typically in a format of ###.##### I think. There is a current gas range on their website that is 790.72503. I was able to look that one up and see parts.

RE: Where to buy range burner trays?

By searching for for 9-1/4 drip bowls, these sites came up, not sure if the part is a match for your model or not....

Here is a link that might be useful: Kenmore Drip Bowls

RE: Where to buy range burner trays?

Wow, thanks for the links! That is exactly what mine look like.

I currently have the ones with the larger hole. I am wondering if the ones with the smaller holes would fit as well. I would think that the burner for either is the same, just that smaller hole fits snugly with the burner.

My burner is 2-1/4" at the top and immediately below the burner, and the smaller hole seems to be 2-5/16", so there is just a tiny bit of clearance, and it looks like that the ring of that circle would rest right on the bottom section of the burner for a snug fit.

I just have to presume that Kenmore used the same size burner and that the smaller hole pan was meant to fit snugly up to the burner while the large hole pan was meant to have extra space.

Would there by any ventilation issue by having the pan be snugly against the burner? I would go and get the larger circle one, but it seems that all of these larger circle pans are outrageously priced! The small hole pan is the only one that is properly priced. (How can there be such a huge differential in price?)

They seem to be on Ebay too, and it is chrome, with the big hole - and at a proper price.

So, this brings up the question - should I go with what I have now, or go with the smaller hole that seems to fit snugly? It would seem that the snug hole should get very hot, while the larger hole would not.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ebay

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here