Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash -- subways or diamond tiles

Posted by bluej422 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 21:49

If you can stand another backsplash post, we'd love you input about our backsplash choice. We were planning on a grey crackle glazed ceramic subway tile but couldn't find a color that worked well with both super white and our cabinets. So we decided to go with white, but instead of ceramic tile eally like the natural sparkle and variation of white thassos marble. We've already committed to the marble/dolomite counters so figured we can live with a marble tile backsplash. And it really does look nice together. Bad idea?

Here's our kitchen and the tile we're thinking ( Ann Sacks White Thassos subway tiles).

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

AS also makes a 3x6 diamond tile in the same thassos marble that I love. Think that would be better than the subways? Or too much? Thanks in advance for your advice!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ann Sacks Thassos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash -- subways or diamond tiles

Totally love it but I am partial. It's what I also used.
So far so good as far as maintenance...there is none! The sealer that was used did not alter the tile in any way. It wipes off easily with no staining.

o

Beautiful backsplash choice! I would stay with the subway as opposed to the diagonal. Love your granite as well!

o

There is a picture on the 'pictures of backsplashes' thread that shows white diamonds with Super White although they are porcelain not marble. I love it.
We are also looking for a splash to go with our Super White and I was wary of putting marble against Super White but Thassos does seem like it could work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here