Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aries61

designnov, any pictures yet?

aries61
12 years ago

I'm looking forward to pictures of your installed cabinets. Any pictures to share yet?

Comments (25)

• 64reno64
    12 years ago

soapstone is being installed today. If there is enough light tonight, I will take some pics - if not then tomorrow!

• 64reno64
    12 years ago

here they are! Door style is inset, square flat panel with soft white paint and cherry coffee stain with black glaze. We are happy so far. Also went with dovetailed drawers and soft close. The soapstone looks amazing - hopefully we will be completely finished in a few weeks. Hope this helps in your decision - let me know if you have any questions. Hope the pics come out - first time posting pics.

• Linda
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Can't wait to see the completely finished product!

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

desgnnove, I am in love again! I really love inset doors. I think yours are beaded right? What brand are they? I am in love with the Shiloh Beaded Inset Polar White square flat panel on the door and drawer that are in a local showroom. I wish the store would do the installation which is bothering me since I have to find an installer to get the overall total price before I can make a decision if I can go with this look I adore. But I love how you have the cherry island and I love the soapstone counters. I can't wait to see the kitchen finished with hardware. What hardware have you chosen?

• 64reno64
    12 years ago

Thanks! They are also Shiloh - soft white, beaded square flat panel. Fyi, the soft white does not look to creamy to me - it really is a "soft" white. Im so glad I didnt go with a cheaper line to save a little money - theyre gorgeous. As for hardware, Im going to Restoration hardware today. Ive picked out the Gilmore pull and knob. I was leaning toward oil rubbed bronze on the white and nickel on the cherry, because Ive seem pics of that on here and it looked great, but not the counters are in, Im not so sure if that will work. I'll see what they look like in person.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Thank you designov for such a fast response. Shiloh has beautiful cabinets and i just love their beaded square flat panel look which I saw in the show room. In the pictures on my monitor the "soft" white is so beautiful and to too creamy. The showroom had the Polar finish which is how I fell in love with that finish but maybe I should look into the Soft White finish also. I had no idea how time consuming looking for cabinets would be and how many decisions had to be made.

I can't wait to see the hardware on the cabinets. I love how the cabinets go up to the ceiling with the crown molding. Your kitchen is turning out so beautiful! I can't wait to see it finished.

• Lake_Girl
    12 years ago

What is the name of your soapstone? What is the thickness of it? Thanks for sharing!

• 64reno64
    12 years ago

Lake_Girl, it is Original PA. Its 1 3/16 thick.

Thanks for the compliments Lynn2006 - good luck with your process. Take your time and think through it.

• westtoeast
    12 years ago

So pretty! Is that a calcutta backsplash I see? I am going with a similar look for our kitchen remodel, can't wait to see your finished product!

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Thank you designov for reminding me to take my time and be sure. I meant the soft white is NOT too creamy.

• dreamingnh
    12 years ago

Last week I ordered Shiloh beaded inset square flat panel in soft white for the perimeter and medium cherry with mocha glaze for the island. Seeing your beautiful photos makes me so excited and confident in my decision. Makes my heart sing! Love that Shiloh includes inset and glazing at no extra charge. I was worried that the soft white might be too creamy but looking at your pictures it looks just right. Can't wait to see more progress pics.

• MIssyV
    12 years ago

mmm, mmm, good! love it! so jealous of your soapstone, was my first choice but had to go with door #2 for $$ :(

your kitchen reminds me a smidge of katiebob's famous kitchen, which is a high compliment if you ask me!

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

dreamingnh, be sure to post pictures! I loved the Polar in the store but seeing these pictures is questioning my Polar decision. I am still not decided about my cabinets but I do love the Shiloh beaded inset square flat panel in Polar or soft white. I wish I had better lighting in my kitchen since my first love is cherry cabinets with a stain and glaze to make them more red. But I think off-white cabinets will brighten up my kitchen and it needs that.

• dreamingnh
    12 years ago

lynn2006, I don't think you can go wrong with either Polar or Soft White. They both are gorgeous. I had lots of sleepless nights worrying about which one to pick. I hired an interior decorator for a 1 hour consultation to help me figure out what would look best in my house. Best $120 I've spent just to help me validate and focus some of my decisions.

I too love cherry cabinets but felt it would be too dark and too much with our wood floors. I think the cherry island will satisfy my love of wood. Good luck on your decision. Kentuckymama has a beautiful kitchen in Polar. Check it out.

I'll try to post pics when the time comes.

• 64reno64
    12 years ago

Thanks for all the wonderful compliments - very flattered to be compared to katieob's kitchen! Hoping to wrap things up in the next two weeks - if I could only decide on backspash! I was considering the calacutta tiles, westtoeast, but although they are gorgeous, I think they are a little too busy. Hopefully I will use them in another project. If you use them, post pics! Im still considering cararra subways, or just plain off white. Ugh. So tired of decisions!

• aries61
    Original Author
    12 years ago

designnov, thanks for the pictures. It's coming out nice. I'm looking for a little more detail for my kitchen like adh673 kitchen.

I think that I'm definitely going with Shiloh. Now have to decide either beaded inset or full overlay and either stain or paint. I'll probably be going with the Montgomery door style.

It seems like everyone on this site that has Shiloh is very happy with them. Do you any complaints or anything with them? What is the height of your upper cabinets?

I found one dealer that is giving 54% off list, but was given another dealer from Shiloh that I called today and asked what they were given off the list price, but told me that they would make it worth my while to come see them. They are not very far, so I'll give them a chance.

Thanks again for sharing. Anyone else looking to share your Shiloh cabinet pictures with me?

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Dreamingnh, thanks for letting me know about Kentuckymama's kitchen is the Polar finish. I just fell in love with the Polar finish since it was in the display at my local cabinet store that sells Shiloh when you first walk in and it looked nice with my tiles since I brought a big tile and a few pieces of my Brazilian Cherry wood floors.

Dreamingnh, are you getting the trash pull out cabinet? Are you getting the silverware tray and/or any pull-out shelves in the pantry? Unfortunately the way my kitchen is laid out (I can't change it since I like the layout with the dishwasher next to the sink and I don't want to increase costs more than they are), I will have that middle bar in two of the cabinets up above. I was hoping not to have the middle bar but that is life since I have it now. I love the inset look.

• dreamingnh
    12 years ago

Lynn, I did get the trash pull out cabinet and pantry pull out shelves. Didn't order the silverware trays because the KD said I should wait and really figure out what I need. He said alot of people get inserts that they don't use or decide to move things once they use the kitchen. I saved money by ordering one large pantry vs. two narrow ones.

I'm so excited and nervous now that it is ordered.

It really is nice that so many people seem to have positive comments about Shiloh.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Thank you dreamingnh for letting me know that you did get the trash pull out cabinet and the pantry pull out shelves.

I am so excited for you to be getting a Shiloh Inset cabinet kitchen since I just love the look.

I need to go back and look at the soft white again versus the polar finish now that I found an installer that sounds reasonable.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Designov, DO you have any new pictures with the hardware and a close-up of the cabinets with your grayish tiles since since my tiles have a lot of gray in them so that was why I thought I had to go with the Polar finish but your cabinets look gorgeous and so does your floor and they seem to look very nice together.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

P.S. - Designov, What bulb do you have in your recessed light high hat and what size can did you use since the light looks so nice on your cabinets? I am also getting recessed lighting installed.

• 64reno64
    12 years ago

lynn2006, I dont have any other pics just yet showing more of the floor, but I will try to take some. The floor is medium to light grey with some taupe in it, so it reads pretty neutral and works well with the soft white. You could try looking it up on line, too. Its Edigres Tibet Grey. Not sure if the pics will do it justice though. LOVE the floor, and so glad we didnt go with hardwood. I just checked the lights, and they are 65 watt flood lights.

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

Designnov, I love your floors. I just looked up your tile and it sure looks like real stone. Thanks for letting me know that you are glad you did not go with hardware since I also went with tile but still getting quotes on installation and the rest of the kitchen.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Any Finished kitchen pictures designov? I did a search for more Shiloh Cabinets on Google and your beautiful kitchen came up. I am going with this same flat panel door with the beaded inset but since I bought the tiles first, I am trying to figure out which white. I wish I could get any white I wanted for the same price but I know choosing a painted white would cost more. Do you still love the soft white. I still adore the Polar white but the sample door from this kitchen guy is not looking as good with my tiles and amazingly the soft white looks better. The linen white from another manufacturer looks the best and is a white in between these two whites but they do not have inset cabinets that I want.

• cani
    10 years ago

designnov, that soft white is beautiful. I was not familiar with the Shiloh cabinets mentioned in this discussion and looked them up but it looks like they are not in my area here in California so I am going custom. Just starting to make my decisions so I appreciate all the wonderful pictures I am seeing here.