Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Reccs for Pull-out (or down) faucet with wide/large spout reach?

Posted by Madeline616 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 25, 13 at 21:28

The hose on my Hansgrohe pull-out faucet just sprung a leak in time for Thanksgiving :((

I love the faucet b/c it has a 10" spout reach, but I'm not going ot be able to get another one as quickly as I need to.

Can anyone recommend a devent pull-out or pull-down kitchen faucet with a large reach? Like in the 9.5"-10.5" range?


Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Reccs for Pull-out (or down) faucet with wide/large spout rea

I loved my Grohe Ladylux Plus in my old kitchen so much that I replaced it with the newer version in the remodel. The Grohe Ladylux3 only has an 8 1/2" spout reach but it is more than adequate with my 32" sink. The Plus does have a 9 1/2" reach. They are just quality products.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grohe Ladylux Plus

RE: Reccs for Pull-out (or down) faucet with wide/large spout rea

I'm happy with my Brizio. Many nice choices out there.

RE: Reccs for Pull-out (or down) faucet with wide/large spout rea

Madelaine, not to overstate the obvious, but why don't you just replace the hose, not the whole faucet?

We have a Blanco Rados, and when the hose wore away they sent a new one to us at no cost! (Was actually sent along with the pull-out head which needed replacing).

Also, how do you measure reach? from the back of the spout to the front of the pull-out, or centre to centre?

RE: Reccs for Pull-out (or down) faucet with wide/large spout rea

Hi and thanks for your responses!

The Ladylux is gorgeous and the Plus has a great reach, I'm just seeing if my local plumbing place has it in stock (Home Depot doesn't).

Raehelen, to answer your question, I'm trying to replace it for Thanksgiving, so I wouldn't be able to get a hose in time :-(

The reach is a horizontal measurement, measured from the middle of the main vertical part of the faucet, up to the middle of the spout. Basically, it tells you how close the spout will be to the front of the sink.

I've never been crazy about the faucet anyway, so replacing it with something I like better would be a bonus. I'm just having trouble finding something in stock locally that can be installed before the upcoming 2 days of holiday cooking and dish washing. The leak is in the perfect place to spray both me and everything around me the second I turn on the water!

The Pfister Sedgwick is in stock at Home Depot, and has a reach of 9+ inches, so that may have to do.

Thanks again :-)

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here