Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does your kitchen match your dog?

Posted by mgreenman (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 13, 11 at 21:18

Hi,
Fairly new around here--been lurking for a couple of weeks, I confess. About to undertake a kitchen remodel and am starting to think my selections--I'm thinking Cherry cabinets, Soapstone counters, and "gunstock" oak floors, are going to resemble my dog, a Bernese. Just wondering if anyone else finds themselves drawn to color schemes or textures reminiscent of their pets?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does your kitchen match your dog?

LOL!!!!

When we went looking for hardwood floors, I tried to find a color that matched Bailey's browns so that you wouldn't see dog hair as much. Nothing I can do about the white hair on the floors, unfortunately (they're beagles, can't match all the colors!) Other than that, my kitchen doesn't really have their color scheme because it's lacking in black.

Now, the dog room, on the other hand- is a different story:
of=50,533,399-1

of=50,533,399

o

LOL, We also tried to match the floor color to the dog.

Clementine
Photobucket
My floors:
Photobucket

o

Oh, that's funny! I prefer to match the floor to the soil (red clay where I live) and the upholstery to the dogs. Which didn't exactly work out when I chose green for the couch...

o

Of course!! Made certain we had a perfect fur match before making the paint choice.

Photobucket

o

Love it! Keep 'em coming! Now, exactly how do I go about posting an image of the guilty culprit?

o

Pip was my design inspiration!

Photobucket

Clementine and the unnamed white lab are gorg! More photos of dogs, please!

o

Funny. I don't have a dog anymore, but growing up I had a Sheltie, and my kitchen is a mix of colors like she was. I also now have a black cat, a creamy cat, and a calico. I guess that could be some of the unknown inspiration behind my mix of painted and stained cabinets, whiter counters and backsplash, and oak floors. Our cats haven't moved to the new house yet, so I don't have pictures.

o

Ha !
My Tuxedo cat matches the black/white bathroom. She looks like she's part of the floor when laying near the steam pipe. She requested those colors there since I ripped up the 80's white 6x6"ceramic tiles in the kitchen...Tiles in kitchen are multi slate look now...maybe time to get a calico too.

o

We realized when the new bamboo floor went in last week that it's exactly the same color as our Golden Retriever. Our Katie is pretty much the color of mtnrdredux's baby Clementine. Our foster cat is just one shade lighter.

o

Haha, quite the opposite here! A white kitchen and 2 black dogs: a Labrador and a Labrador-Pointer mix. The red terracotta tile does match the red-mud pawn prints, though ;-)

Photobucket

No photo of them in the kitchen as yet, and don't worry about the huge chain, this we only use to prevent them from running after the car. Once the car is safely outside the gate, they go off-leash again!

o

Our floor coordinates with the dog hair (two shelties and a giant Pomeranian).

o

Photobucket

o

Ha, Guilty !!

Photobucket

o

Only one of them. The other is the accent piece.
english bulldog

o

Hi mgreen...

Sadly our dog passed away just days before we remodeled....but Olivia, our cat enjoyed being our inspiration..

for the cabinets..

Peppercorn cabinets

and the sink..

kitty exploring sink
KA:)

o

LOL @ Krisma! Perfect!

o

Yellow lab for cream cabinets. Black lab for soapstone and chocolate lab for walnut floors. Wow. Didn't know I did it but someone needs to schedule an intervention!

This is my 8 year old black lab, Coal.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And all three curled up together outside.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Kitchens and Dogs- my two favorite topics. Hugo matches the cabinets. Ella matches some of the food I've cooked trying to get used to the new stove!

Pre-remodel:
Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Such beautiful dogs. Sorry for your loss, KA. Countrygirl -- that picture of Coal is should be hanging in a gallery, it's gorgeous.

o

hah, no wonder I like stained cabs!
Photobucket
(they both hate cameras. I think I scarred them with the Halloween costumes...)

great thread! as fromthesouth said, my two favorite subjects!

o

Haha! This is funny! But I guess I did inadvertently match my new kitchen to my dog!

Here is a picture (not mine) of the type of kitchen I'm planning:

Needham Kitchen traditional kitchen

And here is my dog:
Photobucket

o

I never thought about it, but I guess it does!

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Photobucket
My Hugo is a prefect match to my Kashmir white .

o

Your kitchens really do match your dogs!

OMG

It's frightening! ;-)

o

Love this topic! Yes, my old girl, Lanie, matches my kitchen for sure!

Here she is, enjoying a nice fall day!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Blending in.... lounging in the kitchen!

o

Love it!!!!

First, I think my kitchen matches my little Toby perfectly! Not so bad on China (my kitty) either, right?

Photobucket

Our first family doggie was a Berner...I loved that gal, and never thought we'd be able to find a dog anywhere near as wonderful. We decided to go smaller so our next puppy was a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She's since passed on, and little Toby here was my 50th birthday present last year.

My son wanted to name him Bernie, because his coloring is so close to a Bernese, but I was pretty much set on Toby (and he was my gift...)

Anyway, cute thread.

SQ

o

I love all these responses. Glad you all like the thread! I'm dying to post a pic of my kitchen inspiration. Can some one tell me how to do it?
Thanks!

o
Posting Pictures

Check the "Posting Pictures" topic in the "Read Me" thread.

Here is a link that might be useful: New To Kitchens? Posting Pics? Read Me!

o

I never thought of it, but we do have an orange dog and now, an extremely orange kitchen. You can see an pic of the kitchen to the left. I think Wanda played a subconscious role.

Biltmore Pics 12/18/2010

o

This is amazing. You all have beautiful kitchens to match your cute pets. Love it.

Fromthesouth - I love the pattern of your hardwood floor.

o

The walls match his fur, and floors and cabinets match his ears. And the distressing matches his claw marks and scratches. Close enough!

11 months old

o

this is the cutest thread ever, it should be on a news show or decorating show at least!!! hahaha, it made my day : ) Now I'm off to my meeting with a smile.

o

Wow! Maybe its a subconscious undertone in our decisions. Thanks, this was just the happy pick me up I needed this evening even though my dog is white and I am looking at wood stained cabs..... But she does have a bit of brown in her ears.

o

My husband and I were just joking a few days ago about how our dog matches our under-construction kitchen. And then here is this thread!

Here is our Schnoodle (mix of Schnauzer and Poodle) who matches our cream and natural cherry cabinets.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen matching schnoodle

o

Haha! Yes, how funny. Love all your little friends everyone!

my kitchen with matching pooches:

Photobucket
Photobucket

and to match the floors:

Photobucket

o

Sigh. You guys are killing me. We lost our sweet Bailey (a Shih Tzu) 9 months ago. One of our last pictures of her before she got sick was on the snow of our lot...and she's white, so that's fitting. I guess my kitchen was white then. We buried her ashes in the cement of the back porch, so I guess that kind of on theme as well.

I want a new pup so badly, but we have to move into temporary digs until our new house is ready. Then, I guess I'll be looking for a cork-colored pooch!

Photobucket

From The South, I have to ask, what color is your sunny yellow kitchen. We promised our almost 3 year old a yellow bathroom and he loves your color. Please help me prevent a meltdown!

o

Great thread!!

They totally clash with my kitchen...but they match each other :-)

Photobucket

o

What a great thread! You tell me whether our Ruby has influenced our kitchen design:

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

I so love this thread!

blfenton: The floors are original to the house and they were buried under linoleum and tile. Can you believe that? When we found out they were in such good shape, we abandoned our plans for an island becuase we didn't want to cover up the floor.

ICFgreen: The color is Applesauce Cake from Porter. It looks more golden on my walls than it does on the paint strip. We used Golden Ecru which is one up one the paint strip for the butler's pantry (it gets less light). Good luck finding the perfect yellow!

o

Coastal:

My border collie matches your kitchen (black & white)! Your GSDs are very nice. They look like German working line dogs.

Our kitchen doesn't really match the dogs, only some of the tan color on our German Shepherd. Don't think I'll find a dog to match the green countertops either. :)

Very fun seeing everyone's pets!!!!

o

Thanks Anna!
Yes they're both from working lines (DDR) not related though.

o

What an absolutely wonderful thread!!

o

I think so:

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Ah, Buehl, you're a genius!
The existing kitchen (full remodel coming soon, incl. potentially opening wall to DR):
From

The Dog:
From

o

I had a dearly loved orange cat who happened to be the same color as my red oak floors. Now I have two black and white cats (more Holstein than tuxedo) and am getting a white and dark gray kitchen.

Matching the cats is purely coincidental, but I think that cat and dog fur is an inherently beautiful manifestation of creation, so we often gravitate to similar colors.

o

Yes!

He's the black one:
Photobucket

Photobucket

He matches the white cabs, the pine cabs and table, and the soapstone -- and the floor is dark enough to hide his hair.

Photobucket

o

My kitchen sentry!

Photobucket

o

Ha Ha! Our whole house is designed around our cats (and hopefully future dog). We had black cats and therefore - dark counters, wood floors, dark rugs, dark tile, navy couch, dark purple couch, dark DR seat cushions, dark comforters on the bed... Our cats eventually passed and we fostered a mom cat and her 5 kittens this spring. We fell in love with "snowball" a white long hair cat plus a light brown one. No way would they permanently live in our house! We kept the mom a wonderful cat (Calico - mostly black with a little brown) and Tuxedo a kitten (mostly black) - really nice too. Friends think it's strange to design around pets but then they see why it makes sense. I have a friend who has 2 homes and picks the floor tile grout to match the local dirt. She starts there and then goes on to tile selection. Great idea!

o

I never thought about the quartz countertops being brindle, but they are! Here's our Hugo posing as a towel pig (he doesn't usually get to sit on the counters). He and Lacey, our pound puppy (part pit bull, part chicken -- she's afraid of everything!), are both brindle.

Loving this thread! Especially the bulldogs! -- Amy

My little

o
I don't have a dog, does this count?

This is not my kitchen and I don't have a dog, but I feel that my studio floor, which I put in, matches my cat pretty well.

o

This one is even better: my skis match my kitchen. Total accident. But the pine grain is even closer in person, and then the little camo black and gray matches the soapstone. I just need a bowl of green apples on the counter.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

clergychick--I still laugh every time I see that photo.

And yes, my kitchen matches my dog. She's white (cabinets) her ears are cream (chairs) black nose (island) silver name tag (appliances and lighting).

She also matches my couch. Our dog we put down in August who was 18 matched our old couch exactly--it was a tone on tone golden/buff color. I actually didn't see her when she would lie on it.

Millie:
Photobucket

and yes, those are my dd's SHOES on the couch....

Millie riding in the car
Photobucket

Our beloved Maddie. She was 18. This was her last photo. Such an empty place in our heart now.
Photobucket

o

My dog is a pure bread disquised as a mutt. My kitchen is a nationally registered disaster....both have excellent paperwork and preform like crap....both are often dirty and useless....one of them occasionally poops when stressed out...ok wait they both do....

Yes, my dog and my kitchen are perfect matches LOL

o

igloo--where you been?

o

This thread is such a hoot!

When teaching quilters to choose fabric colors one of the things we have to do is get them past the colors they're drawn to because they look good in them. OTOH, sometimes, when I consult on interiors, I have to remind less color minded people that they want to create rooms where they'll look good (i.e., not that color that makes you look like warmed over jaundice). So the pet thing is fascinating! If your Sweeby Test has you listing warm, inviting, cozy, family, loving, as things you want your kitchen to feel like, do you subconsciously envision a kitchen that looks like your dog? It makes sense that you would!

o

@clergychick: best. towel. pig. ever.

I laughed out loud. Adorable! Especially the tongue. :-)

o

Igloo humor sorely missed! Yeah, where you been?

With a name like pupwhipped, you'd think I'd have the pictures to prove it. Alas, got the pups, but not the pics. Bottom line, with five dogs, not only do they match my kitchen, I can match ANYONE'S kitchen!

pup

o

Yep, pretty close. :-)

Jodi-

o
Jodi - RE: Does your kitchen match your dog?

Jodi, your little doggie is so cute! Is he or she a puppy or a miniature little doggie? What is his or her name?

o

segbrown - who makes those skis? I have never seen anything like them

o

Jodi -- here, now she's perfect:

o

Thanks CP, the purple collar bothered me too. :-)

Lynn, her name was Lilly. She's no longer with us. She was hit by car. That happened over a year ago and I'm still so sad. She was full-grown in that picture but we never knew what she was. She was given to my son in the parking lot at the animal shelter just before he was about to go in to find a new dog.

o

By the way, we never let Lilly on our kitchen counters. I Photoshopped her in. :-)

o

I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread. My turn to share our Bingo. He not only matches our kitchen and adjoining family room, he's an accessory. I was never a dog person until we rescued Bingo almost 2 years ago. Best thing I've ever agreed to!

Bingo with our grandson at the island.
Photobucket

Bingo in one of his favorite places to take a nap
Photobucket

o

This is my GracieJane in our old house. So now you see why I need to paint my cabinets white with a dark granite :)

o

Our bathroom renovation matches our cat.

o

Yes! The floors and the counter are both brown and the cabs are a light maple. Perfect for our hotdawg.

o

ha, hellonasty, not only do they color match but your floor tiles are even long like your dog!

love this thread!

o

you guys are freakin' me out!

o

mgreenman, Welcome! Great thread--great pics!

My kitchen is still in progress. The dog, snoozing under my work table (with pieces of countertop):
Photobucket

The marble island:
Photobucket

o

The Shih-tzu's Monty and Watson. They don't match per se, but they do exude love and home, so there is that.

o

mtnrdredux ... They are last season's Blizzard "the One" skis. Great fun. :-) The women's version is pink, called "the Crush."

Photobucket

This year the graphics are weird ugly plaid, though ...

o

Quinn on the left there kinda does echo my espresso/cream kitchen scheme
Photobucket

But that Gracie, she's a ringer for the bathroom tile
Photobucket

o

Murphy dog...

Photobucket

And my kitchen...I would say blends, but doesn't match.

Photobucket

o
Jodi_in_so_calif- RE: Does your kitchen match your dog?

Jodi_in_so_calif, Lilly was so small and adorable. Yes, when we lose a pet, a huge void is felt. Sorry about your loss.

o
I love all the adorable pictures! RE: Does your kitchen match yo

All the doggies and kitty cats are so adorable. If I was not so tired from sitting in class all day long for my continuing education and then signing mortgage refinancing papers all night, I would comment about each one! Love the furkidz and the kitchens and bathrooms shown! My Furkidz do not match my kitchen right now but maybe they will if I finally get around to making the changes I want to make. :)

o

Here's mine

Here is a link that might be useful: K9

o

Davis doesn't really match the dishwasher....
resting on the dish washer
but, he blends extremely well with the great room floor that is also in the kitchen.
our new big puppy!

o

Love this thread! Our golden retriever matches the saltillo tile in our kitchen. Love the picture of Davis hanging out with his head in the dishwasher!!

o

Yes, my dog is dirty and so is my kitchen (usually). I think my kitchen is dirty because of my dog, actually. Yeah, it's his fault!

J/K. The pooch got a bath yesterday and I wiped down the cabinets and stove today!

o

We got a kitten to match our yellow carpet many years ago, then got a white cat and hated both because of the white hair on obvious dissimilar ground color but who wants 40 years of yellow cats?

o

a member posted this thread over at the pet forum. what a hoot!!! LOVE all of the beautiful kitchens and the pictures of the pets are awesome!!

i don't have dogs that match my kitchen (or any room, for that matter), but bentley thanked me for buying furniture that he blends in with...

Photobucket

swee' pea doesn't match anything but she occasionally steals the couch from her brother. :)

Photobucket

o

can barely see bentley in that photo he blends so well!

forgot to comment that I have seen so many beautiful pets, as well as, beautiful kitchens I haven't seen in the past.

o

Funny thread & photos! My calico cat does match my black/bronze kitchen counters come to think of it!!!! Since she often seen up on the counters -- it's a good thing that they coordinate so well!

Also have noticed that after painting living room walls green, my orange cat looks so much brighter and oranger! Green is opposite orange on the color wheel, a contrasting complementary color, so it really brings out his orangeness. With off white walls he used to look kind of blah, a washed out beige. They say when decorating to start with your inspiration piece - why not the pet!

o

Actually Sweet Pea greatly resembles that big white cushion thing in the photo - in color, shape and position on the floor LOL. Cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

Thanks for your nice comments Lynn2006.

Jodi-

o

Katie and I are a bit late to this party - but you can see how she blends into the kitchen floor perfectly. In fact, when she first came home - all 4 poubds of her...she blended so well that we were terrified of stepping on her!

Photobucket

o

Photobucket

I love looking at the pet photos! The animals all look as though they have great personalities.

o

zelmar- love your pup and your kitchen!
Love meeting all the pups out there too...what a great thread!

o

Our girls are both gone now. Mandy, on the right has been gone over a year, and Gina, on the left just a few weeks. They were litter mates, and lived to 14 and 15. Gina was the only one to live in the new house, and she sure does match our natural hickory floors.

LOVE, love, love the bulldogs, the frenchies, and the Cavalier. Always said if I ever had another dog, it would definitely be a Cavalier.
-Our little girls

o

Photobucket

My cat matches my backsplash though....

o
boxerpups- RE: Does your kitchen match your dog?

Boxerpups, I love your boxer puppy and dogs! Boxers are great fun playful and happy dogs! I love your kitchen also. Which white did you use on your cabinets since I love the creamy shade that is not too white but not too creamy? You are blessed with so much light into your kitchen! Do you have more pictures of your kitchen? I love the white teapot with the black handle and the soapstone counters!

o

It sure wasn't easy ...

Dawn

o

lynn2006,

Thank you for your kind words.
My counters are Virginia Jet Mist. Very similar colors
to soapstone but this is a honed granite instead.
I have more pictures but I do not want to hijack this
post. Maybe later. ; )

The paint color I used is called Powdered Snow by Behr
A great creamy white that is not too stark.

bp

o

Kacy definitely matches my sitting room off the kitchen

Photobucket

o
Boxerpups, DawnT, & Nursetammi - RE: Does your kitchen match your

Boxerpups, I love the honed granite! I am going to try out your white color since I keep going back and forth between three whites and can't make up my mind so maybe the white color you used will look nice on my cabinets also. Thank you!

DawnT, your kitty cats are so cute! I love your floor and cabinets! I miss having a kitty cat but with 4 little dogs and two of the little dogs are not doing well, I have to wait until one pet passes before I can add a kitty cat to my family.

Nursetammi, Kacy is adorable!

o

Dawn t: That is hilarious. What a great photo.

o

I can't help but notice how clean everyone's floors are = and how many of you have rugs in your kitchens. We got wood floors put in this year and I am appaled by how much dog hair is floating around. Vaccuming twice a day would not be enough, and it really sticks around the edge of the rug in the LR. How do you keep that clean?

o

You buy a poodle that doesn't shed :)
I don't think there is any way around it when you have a shedding dog :( Thank God mine doesn't because my dog wants to attack my vacuum every time I put it on so once or twice a week is all I can handle.

o

That's funny nurse...my 65 pound aussie will try to herd a buffalo, but is terrified of the vaccum. If she weren't I would probably try to use on her and skip the spread it the floor then vaccum routine.

o

Hi Musicteacher, I think I'd prefer terrified than attacking. The funny thing about my dog is that we got him when he was about 5 months old. I was told he came from an Asian family that cleaned homes. Well he will attack brooms, mops, vacuums and dust rags...what in the world is up with that? Besides that he is so sweet but cleaning the house is very stressful :(

o

Nursetammi,
You are not alone...We have to put Katie and Seamus in a room with a "doggy gate" or in the car when we vacuum, rake, shovel snow or use any other tool that might make them want to bark at it, jump up on it or attack it like your Kacy does....! The good news is that they are Labradoodles and do not shed either!
BP3

o

Match? Who needs to match when you've learned how to turn on the faucet?

o

Longtime lurker here but just had to add. I remember reading this post and thinking, nah, our dogs don't match our kitchen. But then I took a quick look at our pics. This is Henry. He's "food motivated"!
Photobucket

o

I love this!! My dog will definitely blend in with our new hardwoods when they go in. LOL

o

Haha, I love this. I am in the planning phase of remodeling and realizing that yes, my kitchen will match my two Shelties. I posted in another thread that I just seem to be drawn to the Delicatus granite like a magnet, now I know why, the colors are all the same!Photobucket
Photobucket

o

My little girl (dog) doesn't match but she blends in quite well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ellie on the couch

o

Oh what a great thread! The matching pooches and kitties are priceless.

Here's our little (ahem) guy:

Photobucket

o

So cute! I just love German Shepherds, but we already have two big dogs. Since they are not allowed in the kids' beds (or even bedrooms), I agreed to getting these siblings. They are chihuaha/poodle I think.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Ahh, I could spend a lot of time here just admiring everyone's faithful companions. My condolences to those who have lost theirs.

I also have a confession: I have never, not even once, wanted a towel pig----but I now think I both want and NEED a towel Hugo! And it must be Brindle.

o

Oh, Hugo's definitely one of a kind, sail-away!

But he's very flattered. I'm sure he'd give you a big kiss if he could.

o

Although my dogs are upset they don't coordinate with the kitchen, Molly did notice that she matches her blankets very well.
photo (3)

She is aggrieved here because it's the first night we arrived at the new winter house and we didn't have any furniture yet except for 2 lawn chairs (she's not a floor dog!). Mind you, there were 2 people, 2 lawn chairs and 2 dogs, and this is who got one of the other lawn chairs- leaving me sitting w/ molly on the floor!
photo (4)

o

clergychick, Be sure to tell Hugo thanks. And, if I could, I would accept that kiss gladly---it would be an honor.

o

No our light oak kitchen with white appliances and greyish Formica does not match our chocolate lab, although his tasteful stainless steel dish is a nice touch.

o

I will get a dog to match my new kitchen-cutest thread ever.

o

Dirty and stinky?

Yeah.

He also matches 50s oak flooring.

My CAT matched my kitchen floor.

o

This is too funny! I keep telling my dh that if our dog Sadie lays on our countertop, we'll never see her! They are a perfect match. lol

Photobucket
Another pic that shows more of her carmel color while she gets some love from the kids.
Photobucket
And my granite.
Photobucket

Years ago we lived in a house with really dark carpet that was the same color as our cat. We never could see the poor cat and kept walking on him or kicking him. Wasn't funny then, but kind of funny now.

o

IMG_0278

I always match my kitchen to my dog!! Hahaimg_2044

o

I guess the only one who doesn't match is our grey cat. :)

o

It was suggested that I revive this thread after Jamie snuck into this photo of my new two-tone kitchen. He matches perfectly! I have, however, developed some hefty vacuuming skills from the white fur/dark floor combination. :)

o

So sweet : ) What a cutie! .... Love all the pictures!

o

He is permanently positioned below my daughters chair during mealtime....

o

Glad you revived this - I missed it first time. Soibean should post here, too - her dog matches her floor.

Our Winnie is more of an accent piece; she coordinates. She matches the white trim and the black cooktop, as well as the black specks and veins in the granite, but to really match, she'd need to be green.

photo P2030335-2.jpg

o

I LOVE this thread! Our house is being built but now that I think about it, our kitchen (and actually our entire house) is matched to our dogs. In the kitchen we're going with black cabinets, bianca luna laminate countertops (white and grey), and a iridescent grey/blue backsplash which is basically our bi-blue merle sheltie, Merlin, who has half a blue eye. Our floors will be stained pretty close to the brown in Archimedes' face (the tri-colored sheltie).

o

So glad to see this thread revived. Great pups above! LOL at the expression on your guy will2kz ... is she gonna drop something soon, is she, huh, huh, is she, huh? :)

o

Joyce, I love your two Pekingese. My first one was fawn with a dark mask. She lived until she was 18. I had her longer than my daughter and husband. Our 2nd peke is now 14, and she is half deaf and has cataracts. She can still smell the food though....she just can't find it. Poor baby!
3rd peke is pure sunshine. She is the dog that has never grown up. My ADD dog. Never walks when she can run. If I have been gone for even a minute she welcomes me back with such joy...like I have been gone for days! LOL

All of the peeks match my kitchen as do the two collies that are outside except in the extreme heat and cold. All girls too.

Mtnfever, here is a Halloween costume picture for you. Poor Snickers is so embarrassed and not happy, but the costume suits her personality. Peke

o

Here are the two collies. They match our light oak floor.

o

Peke, that picture of your gorgeous collies should be a Christmas card.

o

Well, not so much the kitchen ~ but I'll bet you can tell why I changed the bedroom to match the dog!

o

Bessie thinks I need to make up my mind. One minute I'm shooing her off the counter, the next I'm inviting her up to take her picture.
Bessie counter

o

Happykate, my Snickers does that too. Props her head or chin on tables, shoes, furniture legs. Our two peeks are now banished to the floor. No more sleeping on the bed. I am surprised they haven't called DHS yet. Sleeping on the floor indeed.

o

What a fun thread! I love looking at everyone's pets. Mine sort of matches the grout or a lighter spot in the tile...either way she loves the coolness of it and we often find her laying in the kitchen in the summer.

She does not match our dark hardwood floors but thankfully has poodle in her and doesn't shed much at all. :)

o

I started laughing when I heard about this thread on another post. When we were debating cabinet color, my wife said, "I know this sounds weird, but I want them the color of Bucky." My contractor indeed found it weird when we came home and she held swatches up against the dog. I think we came pretty close.

o

Perfect match!

Jodi, I think your Lilly was part Dachshund. I recognize the ears and front legs. Look a few posts down and you will a pic of a Dachshund. Looks really close. I bet Lilly had a long body too. Maybe mixed with a terrier. My Pekingese have long backs and short bowed front legs like Lilly.

o

This is a great thread!!!

I had several comments from my DIY Kitchen Reveal thread that Charles matched and to post his pic here too, lol. So here we go:

photo tn_IMG_8288.jpg

o

Great to see a few new post! love the dogs and the occational cats. Isn't that just like a cat, to sneak into a thread about dogs ;)

Anyway, several years ago I took this pic of Rusty (at night) to include it in the dog matching thread. This is outside our back door in the fallen black maple leaves. He is not a house dog, unless my DD visits then she sneaks him in, 'cause she LOVES him. But if he was a house dog he would look fab next to my cherry cabinets. He is the best dog. He's getting old. We got him at the shelter when he was 6months old and afraid of new things. My DD used him in obediance shows in 4H as a highschooler.

Can you see him?
Oh, and he matches my DH's favorite outdoor rocker. He's petted many-a-dog over the years from that rocker!

o

I love this thread!

o

And one more for the collection...

o

Love that one. I bet he/she thought he was in heaven. A new chew and on the counter. LOL peke

o

Peke, actually... our xmas picture from last year. Otto was not so happy but eventually distracted with a good bone. Loved seeing your Collies! Otto's girlfriend is a Collie who lives right across from our house; he watches out the picture window for her and lets us all know when she's outside :) (Then we let him out, then we let him in, you all know the routine). The Collie loves airplanes and is always watching for them and chasing them.

o

Oops! Wrong post.

This post was edited by rockybird on Fri, Jan 31, 14 at 0:45

o

Rockybird, I got an email notification that you posted here. The notification included all your fabulous pictures. I remembered you kitchen from another post. I think this was a great thread to post to with your matching pets. I think others would love to see.

o

We love black, but the new cat is an accent color only...:0)
Viking hood, Wolf 6 burner range photo built-inkniferack.jpg

photo Peekasittingpretty_zpsb19ed97b.jpg

This post was edited by nicole__ on Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 17:15

o

Yes. Yes it does.

o

I haven't seen this thread in forever, and it puts a smile on my face. I miss that big, blonde fella in my first pic so very much.

jan1265, is your dog a Basenji? Even if it isn't, it is a cute (and kitchen matching) dog that looks like he put himself in Time Out!

o

Yes, Sadie is a Basenji. She makes me laugh every day.

o

Now I miss my dog. We had a basenji named Deogi that just passed away in December....what great dogs they are.

o

I just love this thread! had to come and see what was posted since I've been gone.

I do think the collies in the snow should be a Christmas card! and / or blown up a bit, framed and hung on a wall.

and the dog who seems to have himself in time-out looks like he's scared too - like he KNOWS he did something!

my dog doesn't match my kitchen but I did make sure my new floors matched her - undercoat that she leaves EVERYWHERE! that might not have been the wisest move because now she is all over the floor and I can't even see that 'she' (fur) is there! I just have to assume 'she' is and let the broom find 'her'.

so many precious fur babies! thx everyone.

o

This is hilarious! The kitchen we are planning does match our dog! White cabs, black counters. In the sun his fur actually has quite a bit of brown in it, and the color of brown is almost the exact shade we will be using when we refinish the floors! And here is my handsome boy Gil (the top two keep coming out upside-down, but if you click on the photo it comes up properly)...

photo imagejpg2_zps2927f27b.jpg

And the best buddies....

photo imagejpg4_zps140eed89.jpg

photo imagejpg3_zpsc06857b6.jpg

o

Tigger matches most of my home. My daughter found him in a pet shop and said we had to get him because he did match my whole house. And you can see he helps out by dusting the tops of my cabinets.......

o

I am not sure that I would want the entire kitchen in gray+white, but our cat definitely matches the accent wall and some decor elements!

Kitchen: sitting area photo kitchen_sitting.jpg

Cat figure photo PC120002.jpg

o

Hey, how did this get past 150 posts?

My countertops are brindle, to match my dog. So is my bedspread.

photo IMG_0906_zpsda2a0479.jpg

o

I just ran across this post and had to laugh. I thought, well would anyone really do that...match their kitchen to their pet? Naaahhhhh. But then I had to laugh at myself because unintentionally....mine match! LOL I have a black and white Papillon and our appliances are...yep, you guessed it, black and white. :-) So funny.

o

A little bit of the cream cabinets, and most definitely the floor.

o

Who'll Take That First Step? photo 41EightIsEnough.jpg

o

I love that this post is still going.

Jodi-

o

Well, I was really thinking navy cabinets, but not sure the pooch would cooperate.

o

The puppies have been redecorating the kitchen. They wanted to soften the area with some upholstery and fabric.

photo wordless5083_zpsfffe09cf.jpg

They believed electrical cover plate upgrade is mandatory. We'll go metal.

photo chew6591.jpg

They decided we needed new baseboard, too. And new paint. Design decisions are so exhausting.

photo pink4185.jpg

o

Here are my two dogs, Jack, an Alaskan Malamute and Rocket, the honorary Malamute. They don't really match my kitchen but they like it all the same!

o

"the honorary Malamute"
Just splattered my monitor screen!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here