Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wolf convection steam oven instead of a microwave drawer?

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 4, 12 at 21:12

is this a bad idea--getting rid of the microwave in favor of this other thing? if you have one of these please post your thoughts. thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wolf convection steam oven instead of a microwave drawer?

I'm not a huge proponent of having a MW (though I do have one and use it), but the way it cooks - causing water molecules within food to heat and thereby transfer heat to the food is unique. All other means of baking rely on heat penetrating from the outside, so while some methods may speed up this process relative to conventional baking, none can exactly replace the speed that a MW heats food.

If you rely on a MW to reheat frozen prepared food, whether home-made or purchased, I doubt the other types of oven technologies will be anywhere near as fast. I make up and freeze a lot of food dishes that are reheated in the MW, and I use it to cook frozen, and some fresh, vegetables very quickly.

Perhaps you should consider having a convection/steam oven as your primary oven and keep a MW.

HTH,
L.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here