Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just want a simple undermount cast iron sink!

Posted by jenniestowe (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 21:09

I'm getting desperate. We're in the middle of a kitchen renovation and I've been looking for a sink for a while. After much research I've concluded that i want just a simple, single-bowl, undermount, cast iron sink. The problem is that I can't really find any out there! I think the main problem seems to be that all of the single-bowl undermount cast iron sinks seems to come with holes for the faucet, but we probably want to mount the faucet on the backsplash wall. The pictures that are shown of these sinks installed don't show the actualy holes -- the holes seem to be underneath the counter as well. I guess first of all I'm wondering if anyone knows of a sink without precut holes? And second, whether we could just ignore those holes and mount the faucet on the wall anyway?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just want a simple undermount cast iron sink!

My Kohler undermount did not have precut holes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler cast iron sinks

o

Our Ceco sink did not have holes. Try the Ceco 754-UM at www Ceco.com.

o

Yes, you may ignore the holes. They will be covered by the countertop!

o

Since you're undermounting, ignore the faucet cut outs. Put the faucet wherever you want it. That should make your choice easier.

o

I have the Kohler Lakefield cast iron undermount which I love more than anything in my kitchen. One huge bowl, and one small sidebowl which we use to drain washed fruit and the occasional dish. You can use some of the holes, or just ignore them. Ours had 4 or 5, and we drilled out 3 during install.

o

I have the Kohler Lakefield and you can definitely just ignore all the holes. There are 5 of them but we only used one of them, you would never know the others are there as they are covered by the granite. Here is my beautiful sink that I love so much : ) ~holes completely covered
Photobucket

o
simple undermount cast iron sink!

Photobucket

If you end up going with this sink, notice that it has a decorative reveal and you can either have it show or not, it is sort of a waterfall edge. I have it revealed just a little on ours. It has a nice very slight curve to the back you can see in this picture. This sink weighs about 120 lbs. Be sure they support it with wood supports underneath so it won't pull away from the granite. Our installers did that but did a poor job and so my engineer husband went in and did them all over again. He usually re-does everything contractors do, lol. HTH.

o

Thanks, everyone, for the info and suggestions!

o

Have you look at the Kohler Bakersfield? It can either be a drop in or an undermount. It's a beautiful sink! I had it in my previous kitchen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here