Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cevamal_gw

Ack! Quick used cabinet pricing help needed

cevamal
10 years ago

I sold our old range today on craigslist and the buyers are interested in our cabinets & laminate too. They're coming back today to pick up the range and asked me to figure out a price for the cabinets & laminate.

I have absolutely no idea, please give me some guidance! Maybe you donated yours to restore and figured out a price for tax purposes?

I'm not looking for perfection or anything close, just some ballpark estimates.

I found a listing on craigslist for a very similar local kitchen which also included the sink and dishwasher for $1000. Of course I have no idea if they got that! Seems high to me.

Here is a link that might be useful: similar kitchen

Comments (9)

• debrak2008
    10 years ago

They are coming back today, Monday? I'd say between $500 and $1000.

• scrappy25
    10 years ago

I usually see kitchen like that listed for $500-$700 on our craigslist.

• detroit_burb
    10 years ago

tell them to make you an offer and work with them, don't scare them away. just make sure it is understood that they have to cart them away and take them down. no matter what they offer you, it will save you money in demo, and dumpster, so you win no matter what.

• williamsem
    10 years ago

I agree, if you can get a few hundred dollars and they agree to demo and haul away, I'd say you are ahead.

If you are concerned about liability having them do the demo, then perhaps slightly more would be in order for you to demo yourself. It's not too hard, just definitely a two person job and takes a lot of patience to get them out in useable condition. You will need a decent size, but still compact, pry bar, a drill, and screwdrivers.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    10 years ago

Take whatever they offer as long as they haul them away.

• cevamal
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone! I read all your responses last night on my phone but couldn't easily respond.

They're coming back today to pick up the range.

The demo is already half done (they saw the cabs in the garage when they were looking at the range) and paid for so it's not a question of them taking it out themselves, just of hauling it away. I'd been planning to call Restore but cash would be nicer than a tax deduction.

I asked our contractor for his thoughts, averaged it in with you all here, and emailed her with $400 for the cabinets, $200 for the counter, and $100 for the sink + disposer.

*fingers crossed*

• User
    10 years ago

Yeah, if they include their labor to remove and haul them off, I'd be under $500 for them.

• badgergal
    10 years ago

We a listed a similar amount kitchen cabinets on Craigslist for $800 and sold them for $650 to the first people that came to look at them. This did not include the countertops. It was worth it to us to drop the price and have the cabinets gone quickly so as not to have to wait around for or hassle with other potential buyers. Our cabinets were already removed and in our garage. The buyers rented a truck and hauled them all away at one time so it was nice not to have to wait for them to keep coming back for small loads.

• cevamal
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Trebruchet: that was my preference. They wouldn't name a price, wanted me to go first.

Hollysprings: my contractor is removing them to the garage, that's already done. It's them hauling them away.