Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sis2two

What color walls do you like with off white cabinets/soapstone

sis2two
11 years ago

Would love to hear your opinions regarding wall colors that you like with the combination I mentioned. Think country kitchen . Thanks!

Comments (12)

• User
    11 years ago

Well mine are Thyme ! My cabinets are the same color as Blue Bell Home made ice cream..I melted it and took it to the BM shop and had it color matched. I have soapstone. I have an interior kitchen...meaning no windows. You would think a dark wall color wouldn't work but...it is wonderful. After 6 yrs I still love it and it is still in perfect condition. BM Matte and no back splash ! c

( before utensil rack from Lee Valley)

{{gwi:612474}}

Hope this helps...I think that it is wonderful to think outside the box ! c

• crl_
    11 years ago

What color is your soapstone? With a grey/black soapstone I would consider a grey blue paint.

• PRO
    Tom Carter
    11 years ago

we went with BM concorde ivory, which is actually a rather rich/dark yellow. it goes great with off whites like Acadia White (BM). One issue is that some people so not like it directly adjacent to the black soapstone - a bit too yellow/black bumblebee look. With our backsplash in place, the two colours are not beside each other so it works well.
    caspian

• bcafe
    11 years ago

We have Anjou Pear from SW. I love it! Our floors are tigerwood and it ties in nicely, creating a really warm environment.

• catbuilder
    11 years ago

Yellow! I do not get the bumblebee vibe at all.

• sis2two
    Original Author
    11 years ago

trailrunner- I love your kitchen! I had to laugh at the thought of taking melted ice cream to have it color matched! The things we do--lol! Your wall color is beautiful with your cabinets. My kitchen, however looks right into my family room which is olive green looking( Hampshire gray). If not for that and the fact that I have other green rooms, I would love to use that color.

Thanks so much for the other suggestions. I am getting my fan decks out today and going through them. My top contender is Champagne Gold by EK, but I would really like to see a picture of it on a wall if anyone has one. Whatever I decide on will need to be something I can use in my foyer and hallways, because I need some continuity throughout. Keep the ideas coming! Thanks!

• User
    11 years ago

If you are looking at yellows check out Ben Moore's Aura color Safari, it is a lovely pale warm gold. Which white are you using for the cabinets?

• User
    11 years ago

sis: thank you ! Yes we go to great lengths to get the colors just right ! I can understand why a green wouldn't work. I have Belgian Waffle in the adjacent sunroom...you can sort of see it in the pic above. I love the light yellow. I also have it in my foyer and LR . It is an Olympic paint color and I had it made up in BM matte. Here is another pic of the sunroom so you can see the color. c

let me know if you need more pics..it changes in the light /time of day which I also like. c

• sis2two
    Original Author
    11 years ago

athomeinva- I will take a look at that color. Our cabinets are going to be in Woodmode's Antique White which is a creamy white. My breakfast table and sideboard are distressed black with reclaimed wood tops in a dark stained finish. I will also be adding a black iron chandelier over my table so the color will need to look nice with black accents.

trailrunner- I just love the warmth of your home! What is ironic is that I started out thinking that I would choose a sunny yellow in my kitchen since
    I use pretty dark colors in most of my rooms, mostly earthy colors.
    However, what I'm finding is that I keep coming back to the deeper hues.
    To me they seem to bring a sense of coziness that I love. I do have white
    wainscoting around the room so as to break up the walls should I go with a darker color. I have a couple of weeks before our cabinets are repainted so I am trying to choose a wall color in the meantime. I really appreciate your help and your pictures!

• bcafe
    11 years ago

I also have a black distressed table and chairs. Anjour pear is not a bright sunny yellow. It is deeper and richer. Try a google search as there are many images of this color with black accents.

• sis2two
    Original Author
    11 years ago

bcafe--I love the photos of the Anjou Pear online. Do you have any photos of your kitchen? If so, I'd love to see them with your black furniture. Thanks.

• User
    11 years ago

sis..sounds like we love the same colors ! I used the 2 other colors on the strip with the Belgian Waffle in my LR. The darkest yellow is inside the panels below the chair rail. I hope you find the right color for you . Thank you for your kind remarks. c