Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reveal on a Farm Sink-- can't decide!!! (have to by tomorrow!)

Posted by 2LittleFishies (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 15, 12 at 20:53

Stone guy is coming tomorrow to do our template for the perimeter marble. We are doing eased edge. I still can't decide on the sink reveal for our Kohler Whitehaven cast iron sink.

I'm thinking I'd like to see some of the sink on the edge and that it would be better if a pot or dish hits the sink vs. the marble which will crack/chip easier.
Does it start to look bad at the exposed edge where you have to clean constantly?

Obviously if the marble overlaps the sink the bottom edge will get cruddy but it won't be seen (although would still require cleaning).

Any other thoughts? Here is a pic of a sink & counter that the same granite company did.

Image 2

Image 2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reveal on a Farm Sink-- can't decide!!! (have to by tomorrow!

Clean up constantly..definitely a relative term. Really, how often does company come? :). No comment on your question, I'll leave that to the experts. Best, oldbat2be

o

I have a positive reveal on mine (black pearl granite). It would have driven me crazy to know there was gunk hiding that I would have probably been trying to clean it all the time even if it wasn't dirty then worrying that I didn't get it all since I couldn't really see it. I'd probably spend more time looking for gunk than I do cleaning gunk that's actually there. IMO it's a nicer transition as well. A negative reveal kind of detracts from the large apron.

Mine was templated directly from the paper cutout positive reveal location.

Untitled

Untitled

o

oldbat2be- very true!

lisa- Thanks for those photos!! It's often hard to really see. I have been leaning towards positive and your pics help : )

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here