Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strange kitchen utensils

Posted by leela4 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 9, 12 at 20:50

It's cold and snowing here in the PNW so we decide to have a nice apple stuffed carnival squash dish for dinner. Have to cut the squash in half of course, which is no easy task. But DH gets out his Japanese pull saw and makes quick work of it. All you TKO's here are the only people I could imagine who might appreciate this little tidbit (no pun intended).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Strange kitchen utensils

That is a great idea! I sometimes resort to the bread knife, but next time I will pull out my little Irwin pull saw!

Or heck, maybe just run out to the garage and cut it on the miter saw! Beginning to sound like a Tim Allen episode....

o

That's brilliant.

o

I steal my husband's router set to carve pumpkins - so yes, there is a use for all of that basement stuff.
I will have to try your trick for squash - I keep growing and buying squash and it just sits there - I still have some that I grew last summer (2011)
I think it only qualifies as a decoration at this point.
Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here