Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
_designer_gw

The truth about Freedom Kitchens etc..

_Designer
10 years ago

Freedom Kitchens; Good Guys Kitchens; Wholesale Kitchens; Ever wondered what they have in common? The are actually all apart of the same company. 'The Kitchen Group'.

To the people buying the kitchens, I would recommend going to a local cabinet maker. FYI The above names companies can discount their over priced kitchens by 45% and if the Manager really wants the sale they will get the designer to then reduce the kitchen price by their commission price as well which is another 10% So the kitchen designer ends up paying for the clients kitchen.

To the people wanting a job as a kitchen designer, I would never recommend working for them, ever. Take it from me, a past "Kitchen Designer" Who is still owed Thousands of dollars. Which I will never see because they say that I under costed the kitchen so I loose my 10% commission.

These are shocking companies, they use the tactics of 'Sale on the night; to get you signed up to a non- cooling off period which is never mentioned. They say they need to call their 'Manager' which is correct but we already know how much we can discount the kitchen by its just a matter of how to get the client to sign tonight so they usually throw in something like 'if you buy it tonight we can get our hands on some sale stock, but its only for tonight'

Anyway I have so much more to say... Until another time

Comments (8)

• sushipup1
    10 years ago

Glad you got that off your chest, but the great majority of people on these forums are in North America and your experiences in Australia aren't too relevant.

• _Designer
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, I didn't realise I will take my rants elsewhere :)

• sushipup1
    10 years ago

Oh, you're welcome to join the discussions, of course. Just that those companies don't do business here.

• notsogreenfingered
    9 years ago

Are you still out there? I had exactly the same experience and would really like to talk to you, please email me

• Shirley Roche
    2 years ago

Was told it would take 8-10 weeks from start to finish. That was June. Then months of calling them getting ignored or getting the rudest girls in the office in Sydney been nothing but rude and vile we got a date. And told it would take two days. 29th of October which was a Friday so it meant 2 days with part of a kitchen.
    A week before hand we got a call to say the oven we paid for would not come so go get one and we will refund you. And on the day our stuff was been delivered the cooker was there but at this point we had a new one so they had to take it away. The sink was damaged and so was the Extractor fan.
    So the doors for the corner unit was 2 inches shorter the the one it was attached too. And they forget other parts. We were due to get a big panty the doors didn’t come. So after 5 more weeks the doors came but none of the stuff to hang it came.
    We paid almost 800 for the cooker top after 4/5 weeks it broke we had our own electrician come out and there was no power getting to it. Had to wait another 3 weeks before they sent someone out. We got told don’t you have a bbq use that. Took about another 2 weeks for the refund to come back.
    Then after Xmas the rest of the stuff for the doors came but no one would be able to fit them. And finally on Monday the 16/01 which is not technically into the 2nd year of a 2 day install the doors but no handles for the door. So we have 2 bits tape to open the doors .
    They have removed all the reviews from their page on Facebook which was sitting on 1 star they have also blocked people from commenting on their page and removed all comments that are telling people not to use them.
    So would I recommend them I would recommend a prostate exam by Captain Hook faster

• Cate M
    last year

Im from Australia, unlike Sushipup, who looks like a one-off troll given the lack of activity.

Thank you so much for saving me from being ripped off. Was going to approach Freedom for kitchen. Glad I read your post first. Thank you for being a great Houzz-Angel

• Shirley Roche
    last year

Dont go near them or anyone belinging to them. we have been waiting to get our new doors replaced i wrote to them a few days ago and heard nothing. 14 months since we started this. we did a full home make over knocking walls down and rebuilding and that was finihed in 3 months we are into our 2nd year with this company. they removed their reciews and comments on their home page on facebook as it was all 1 stars