Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melkel97

remodeled Kitchen pics (finally!!) :)

Melkel97
9 years ago

thank you to so many on this site who helped me make so many decisions throughout our remodel!! :) We are SO happy with the final results! Here's a link to the photobucket pics and I will also post one of the pics below in case the photobucket does not work for someone. The pics at the bottom of the photobucket pics are the "before " pics of our kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen pics

This post was edited by Melkel97 on Sun, Nov 2, 14 at 20:37

Comments (14)

• gr8daygw
    9 years ago

Wow! It's gorgeous! What a transformation! I hope you enjoy many years of good food and good times in your new kitchen.

• mgmum
    9 years ago

Looks awesome! You must be very pleased with the difference.

• Kiwigem
    9 years ago

Great! That is one slick sink, gotta say!

• crl_
    9 years ago

Black is so chic. I'm glad you are happy! Thank you for sharing pictures!

• User
    9 years ago

Black is the new white, according to this week's Washington Post home section. What a great combination! And all that pantry space - I'm jealous. Thanks for sharing!

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

I love the rubbed out black finish on the cabinets, the gorgeous floors, the beautiful counters (what are they?), and how everything came together beautifully. Thank you for sharing.

• Melkel97
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks so much everyone :) The CT is typhoon Bordeaux. We were sure to choose parts of the slab that had a lot of black in it to go with our cabs. The BS is beadboard, and appliances are all KA, which so far we are loving! :) Flooring is porcelain, distressed wood look

• romy718
    9 years ago

Really nice! My favorites are that gorgeous sink & floor. Pretty cabinets.
    Enjoy your new kitchen.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

It's very nice! I wanted to do black a few years ago, but ended up choosing a very dark green instead, which I love. Your kitchen is gorgeous :D

• bpath
    9 years ago

Beautiful! Loving the wall-o-storage, and the skinny drawers by the range...isn't it amazing how handy little drawers can be? The sink is devastatingly handsome. The backsplash painted in a color, and THAT gorgeous color, is so unexpected, I love it!

Enjoy!

• Melkel97
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks everyone! bpathome, we went back and forth over the color but are happy with the end product :) - the skinny drawers are spice drawers- LOVE! they pull out around 2 ft! lots of storage! GREAT news to hear "black is the new white" too! ;)

• bbtrix
    9 years ago

What a fantastic transformation! You used your space so well and I love your material choices. Great job! You must be so pleased.

• texasgal47
    9 years ago

Melkel, I've always loved distressed black cabinets on display in a show room so it's nice to actually see them in a real kitchen. Who is the manufacturer? Wonderful job with the layout in a small kitchen. For some reason, I rarely see spice drawers used on this forum while they can be a real life saver in a small kitchen. Also like how you placed the microwave. Is there a pull out shelf beneath for a landing spot? Ditto on loving your floor, granite, breadboard color, and sink selections.

• Melkel97
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks very much for all of the nice compliments! :) Texasgal47, the cabs are kraftmaid from home depot. Yes! WE love the spice drawers and even the knobs on them- We were going to use the hardware knobs be purchased for some of the other cabs but I really liked the "apothecary" look of the knobs they came with. Under the microwave are 2 drawers (one larger than the other in width) they are not landing spots for the Micro. It opens and closes in the space it is in. Hope that makes sense. thanks again :)