Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
design around this 2 technical q

Posted by mtnrdredux (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 8, 11 at 20:21

So how are you creating the storyboards? I have mine in a docx and pdf, but now what.

tia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: design around this 2 technical q

Convert it to a .jpg or .png or .gif. Whatever program you made the pdf in should be able to do that.
If not, use something like this: http://www.convertpdftoimage.com/
Upload it somewhere on the web. imgur.com is easy, free and fast.
Then stick the link to the image in your text message box, in full html code.

o

PDF is just an option when you save a docx file in Word 2008; none of the file format options is an image (altho i think of pdf as an image).

I was hoping Photobucket would bring in a pdf file, but alas no.

I will try the links, thank you.

o
RE:re design around this 2 technical q

hey, circus, thanks!

cool site

I only hope that is does not somehow nab all my email addressees and send everyone a quote for refinancing

o

You can always do a screen shot with (shift) Prt Scr, then paste it into Paint or whatever, crop out the rest of the screen, and save as a jpeg. That's usually how I do it from a pdf.

o

And if you're on a Mac, you can select what part of the screen you want to take a shot of, using command + shift + 4. Cuts out one step.

o

adding to laxsupermom's suggestion, alt+PrtScn picks up just the active window rather than the whole desktop, and if you can maximize without the frame like Picasa, say, then you get just the interior of the window.

hth

o

And if you're on a Mac, you can select what part of the screen you want to take a shot of, using command + shift + 4. Cuts out one step.

I always use the Grab feature. When I did command + shift + 4, a small sight pops up. I highlighted a section of the screen, but it did not save. What did I do wrong?

TIA

The Grab saves as a tiff, then open and save it as a jpeg.

o

Allison, it should have saved wherever you designated in your sysprefs. If you have sound on, you'll hear a little camera snap. Search for a file named "Screen shot ....png"; it will be somewhere on your machine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here