Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
a2gemini_gw

Breezy and Beagles

a2gemini
11 years ago

Breezy and Beagles- I am swinging through the area later this week and wanted to know if you might spare time for me to tour your kitchen. It is just me - not my DH. Email me if this is a possibility.

I have some wonderful lemon crinkle cookies that I can try to carry on the plane.

Thanks for considering the request.

Comments (8)

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    11 years ago

a2gemini, I am in Florida for the winter. I can ask my husband if he'll be around and can show you the kitchen. It would have to be Thursday or the weekend b/c he works on the other days- would that work for your schedule?

Also, I think maybe you mean Bee and beagles b/c I think breezy is in Seattle (?).

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Ahhh!! I'd love to welcome you to the rainy side! We could compare your lemon crinkles to my lemon ginger cookies. Sadly, somehow I don't think you mean you're coming west coast. :(

• a2gemini
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Breezy and beagles- you are correct- I will reach out to bee. I think I am exhausted and brain was malfunctioning. LOL

Beagles- I thought you might be in Florida - I will catch your kitchen on another trip.

Breezy- love the NW and will get there again.

If you get to the MW, stop on by. I hope to retire at the end of this year and then do some consulting so who knows where I will be!

Thanks

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    11 years ago

I'll be back in May and staying in PA for 2 months, then Maine for a month and then back in PA until November 15. So if you make a visit from May -July 10 or Aug 15-Nov 15, let me know and you can come over :)

• a2gemini
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sounds like a plan
    Thanks!

• lalithar
    11 years ago

Meanwhile, cookie recipes featuring Lemon would be appreciated :)

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Typing my second recipe on the forum tonight!

These have been family favorite in the Breezy home for years. I'm not even sure from where the recipe initially came. Could have been The Martha.

Lemon Ginger Cookies
    In electric mixer with paddle attachment, beat 8 T room temp butter and 3/4 c sugar on med-high until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl twice during beating. Add 1 egg and mix on high to combine. Add at least 1 T lemon zest and mix.

In another bowl, whisk together:
    1 1/3 c flour
    1/2 t ground ginger
    1/2 t baking soda
    1/4 t salt
    1/4 c or more crystallized ginger cut into 1/8" dice

Add to butter mixture and combine on med-low speed about 20 seconds.

Form balls with about 2 t. dough and drop onto parchment or silpat lined baking sheets about 2" apart. Bake at 350 degrees until barely browned, about 7-10 mins.

I use lots of lemon and lots of crystallized ginger!

• a2gemini
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Breezy- thank you!
    I will send out mine when in PA. Leaving some in A2 for DH