Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginad_gw

How much a square ft. for Calcutta Gold

ginad
13 years ago

The guy at granite yard that I visited said he would give me a good price for Calcutta Gold. I love it so much - would like to do my island, which is very large (10ft x 3.5 ft.)Just wondering how much you'all paid a foot for your Calcutta, so I'll know if he is really giving me a "good" price :)

Comments (8)

• cocogrovemom
    13 years ago

In Miami it runs 35 to 50 per sq ft for "clean" slabs. Generally larger and whiter slabs are more. This is just the slab no fabrication.

• kitchendetective
    13 years ago

I was given a quote of $14,000 by my builder 5 1/2 years ago. He was using a company in Austin, TX, exclusively. If I went through my GC, I had to use that stone company. This was for 110 square feet, no backsplash, cutouts for a small cooktop, one undermount sink, one huge sink, a double waterfall edge on the island and a full bullnose edge on the perimeter. I think it was 2 cm, but I can't absolutely recall. I didn't end up using that company or Calacatta. There was no breakdown as to how much of the quote was stone and how much was fabrication. The slabs were acceptable, but not the best that I have ever seen. DH nixed the Calacatta idea altogether, so I didn't investigate further.

• sabjimata
    13 years ago

I was told 2 things at two separate times by the same fabricator.

--$110 sq foot

--20% moRE Than carrera, which I paid $45 sq ft

• caayu
    13 years ago

Ginad, The price for stone countertops will vary depending on where you live. Up in the North East (especially in the New York Metro area) we have seen installed prices for Calacatta as high as $145 per ft2. Wholesale for clean Calacutta can list for as high as $75 per ft2. The difference with specialty stones is that they are graded overseas and priced based on the purity and vein structures (not to mention supply and demand); slightly different than most material (like Uba tuba) which are prices as commodity stones. If you find a specific slab you like and itâÂÂs within your budget then go-for-it. You countertops will last longer than it takes to pay for itâ¦.
    Cheers!
    Caayu

• seabass1954
    13 years ago

Boston area 1 1/4" thick , ease edge installed goes for
    150$ to 180$ x sqft, calacatta gold , borghini , bettogli
    which they are the real calacatta (carrara Italy) 3/4 "
    thick, ease edge installed 90$ to 130$ x sqft, low and high based not just in a quality, but in size e bookmatch
    material, great to create height back splash, I bought my slabs in medford at famar, small place but great selection.

• kateskouros
    13 years ago

in central nj: $80 sq foot; installed, clean slabs.

• segbrown
    13 years ago

I paid $97/sq ft installed, in Denver. This was for an island and a butler's pantry counter, plus small backsplash ... labor was $35/sq ft, slab was just under $3K.