Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
confused about order/install???

Posted by lesmobo (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 1, 13 at 19:53

I feel stupid even asking but... I want to buy a dishwasher this weekend and capitalize on sales in my area.

If I arrange for it to be installed in the existing space will that create a problem for my renovation plans?

We are having our cabinets refinished and the cabinet maker said he could also provide a panel. We will also get new countertops. None of that has been scheduled yet.

Is it okay to install the new dishwasher prior to completing these other steps?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: confused about order/install???

It's fine to do so provided the space (measurements) works. Since your refinishing your cabinets, I assume in place, the floor underneath won't need a redo?

If you're going with a panel, then you need to buy one panel ready or capable of accepting a panel (typically panels are 3/4" thick).

The electrical outlet is preferred placed in the adjacent cabinet,especially if your new DW is European for fit reasons.

Do you know your toe kick height? Probably want to ensure it will work with the new DW, although perhaps your cabinet maker can cut it to size or figure out alternative. You don't want the toe kick too high for the paneled door to properly open and catch.

o
RE: confused about order/install???

Thanks so much @Sparklingwater! Correct, the floors will not need any redo. Didn't even think about the toe kick so I will make sure to take those measurements as well.
Appreciate your feedback!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here